The Student Room Group

Feminism really cares about the big issues

Scroll to see replies

What a waste of money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lmao. Wouldn't it be easier to just remove stick figures all together and put a green 'WALK' or something along that line?
Original post by popcornjpg
Lmao. Wouldn't it be easier to just remove stick figures all together and put a green 'WALK' or something along that line?

Not everyone can read English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can demand all you want but it's not going to happen.
Original post by DiddyDec
Not everyone can read English.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then just make it a green blob?
Original post by popcornjpg
Then just make it a green blob?

That doesn't express what it is trying to convey.
Original post by Death Grips
Modern day feminism is a joke.

I was chatting about this with a friend in America on Tuesday she was shocked when she started looking up feminism in the uk compared to the USA.

They are still going after everything equal over there and she said it seems like the women want more than the men in the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by paul514
I was chatting about this with a friend in America on Tuesday she was shocked when she started looking up feminism in the uk compared to the USA.

They are still going after everything equal over there and she said it seems like the women want more than the men in the uk

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think your friend is wrong on both sides of the Atlantic they are saying similar things it is just she is removed far enough from the uk to identify it here.
Original post by joecphillips
I think your friend is wrong on both sides of the Atlantic they are saying similar things it is just she is removed far enough from the uk to identify it here.

She just spent 6 months here

Posted from TSR Mobile
What a ginormous waste of time and resources.
Original post by paul514

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feminism, and indeed the regressive left, is so much more rabid and violent in the US. In the UK it's at least still attempting to focus on real issues. In the US it's gone full-out identity politics and strategic passive aggression.
Putting the female figure in a dress!
THATS SEXIST!!!
Not that I'm saying this article in particular is sensible, but the argument you're using ("Person B is suffering more than Person A therefore Person A is not important":wink: is a pretty awful argument and you'll end up getting very hypocritical if you continue to use that logic. I don't think anybody would argue that women are more oppressed in this country than they are in, say, Saudi Arabia but that doesn't mean they haven't got a right to complain and expect change to be made where change needs to occur.
It looks like Mary Poppins.
...this is why no one takes us seriously
Reply 17
Original post by Plagioclase
Not that I'm saying this article in particular is sensible, but the argument you're using ("Person B is suffering more than Person A therefore Person A is not important":wink: is a pretty awful argument and you'll end up getting very hypocritical if you continue to use that logic. I don't think anybody would argue that women are more oppressed in this country than they are in, say, Saudi Arabia but that doesn't mean they haven't got a right to complain and expect change to be made where change needs to occur.

I think there is a difference between oppressed and facing different problems men have problems as well does that mean men are oppressed?
I was not aware that Feminism was a living entity which was capable of caring and having feelings.

Egalitarianism is better than feminism

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending