The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

We DO NOT NEED to eat MEAT

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethereal World
Would you like me to link you the blog posts here or on your VMs?

Link me blog posts, I love a bit of GM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
Link me blog posts, I love a bit of GM.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's here just click on the link to the part 1 and it takes you to part 2 at the bottom.

GM food regulations and why Greenpeace et al. oppose GM crops (not why you think)- This is a two part post and Part 1 is here and Part 2 is here
(edited 8 years ago)

HOLY COW (pun intended)

Ethical issues aside, I just wouldn't eat that because it's gross!!

In all seriousness though - I wonder what would happen to the animals the cells are taken from in the long run? Like how would they be kept, how many of them would we need etc.. Even though it's obviously better than killing them, it still sort of seems like unnecessary use of animals.

I appreciate their intentions for sure.. but what's wrong with veggie burgers?! :lol:
Reply 164
Original post by RickmanAlways
[video="youtube;U5hGQDLprA8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8[/video]

Take an hour of your time to watch this please.
Gary Yourofsky is brilliant and this will change the way you think.
We dont. Need to eat. MEAT.

That's all well and good, but a fairly large part of our calorific intake comes from meats. Where are you proposing we grow the extra crops that we need if we don't have meat? I'm pretty sure agriculture wouldn't support it, and neither would the economy etc.
Original post by JPO92
That's all well and good, but a fairly large part of our calorific intake comes from meats. Where are you proposing we grow the extra crops that we need if we don't have meat? I'm pretty sure agriculture wouldn't support it, and neither would the economy etc.

Do you know what is the most grown crop in the UK is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 166
but i love a good steak :frown:
Original post by huddledapple
HOLY COW (pun intended)

Ethical issues aside, I just wouldn't eat that because it's gross!!

In all seriousness though - I wonder what would happen to the animals the cells are taken from in the long run? Like how would they be kept, how many of them would we need etc.. Even though it's obviously better than killing them, it still sort of seems like unnecessary use of animals.

I appreciate their intentions for sure.. but what's wrong with veggie burgers?! :lol:

Why are veggie burgers sometimes massively spicy? I have them because they are cheaper (I eat meat). :frown:
Reply 168
We DO NOT NEED to use CAPITALS
Original post by IAmNero
Why are veggie burgers sometimes massively spicy? I have them because they are cheaper (I eat meat). :frown:

I don't know but it is depressing because I hate spicy food! :frown: Whenever my friends go to McDonald's (where the only veggie thing is a spicy bean burger or something), I always end up just getting carrot sticks and feeling like a massive cliche!! -_- Spicy veggie burgers aside though, there are some really amazing ones out there too :biggrin:
I don't know but it is depressing because I hate spicy food! :frown: Whenever my friends go to McDonald's (where the only veggie thing is a spicy bean burger or something), I always end up just getting carrot sticks and feeling like a massive cliche!! -_- Spicy veggie burgers aside though, there are some really amazing ones out there too :biggrin:

The chips? I thought they were vegetarian?
Original post by IAmNero
The chips? I thought they were vegetarian?

Yeah chips are good, I just meant as a replacement to the burger I have carrot sticks :^_^:

Yes, i especially love the 'macro chickpea veggie burgers'
There's a lot of things we don't need to do that we do which harm the environment and animals.

I like meat, I eat it everyday in at least 3 meals.
stop trying to take away the joys of life
I'll bear it in mind, the next time I then dip my chips into the red myoglobin goodness that pours out of my steak.
Original post by RickmanAlways
[video="youtube;U5hGQDLprA8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8[/video]

Take an hour of your time to watch this please.
Gary Yourofsky is brilliant and this will change the way you think.
We dont. Need to eat. MEAT.

Im gonna go veggie at the end of this week
We eat meat by nature, the same way that lions catch prey and eat it. Be my guest and tell all the lions in the world to stop. And do take into account that slaughtering a farm animal is nowhere near as torturous as a gazelle being hunted until it can't run any longer, then having chunks taken out of it while still alive.

I personally hate red meat, but that's just my personal taste (I love chicken though). If I liked how it tasted, I would still eat it. If a few people stop eating meat, it won't decrease the number of animals being farmed for it.

ALSO: drinking milk is so much more inhumane than eating meat. So is eating honey. Why not read up on what happens to the majority of male calves right after they're born, and why bees are dying? If you still consume these products, it's a bit hypocritical of you to ask others not to eat meat, don't you think?
the title is obvious, of course we don't have to eat meat, but people chose to sadly:frown:
If eating meat is going against ethics, think of all the other things that harm or damage the world such as cars, energy etc etc

Go live in a cave if meat is a problem, we cant ponder on trivial matters like this.

Latest

Trending

Trending