The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thanks Arsey for the solutions.

For the most part, the paper didn't seem to shabby to be honest. The one that stuck out to me as weird initially, was the quadrilateral question, which I eventually found that you can split up into a rectangle and triangles. Q8(a) was also weird at first, but then I remembered your b value must be multiplied by an x, so I just factorised it and got the b expression.

So judging from that mark scheme, thank god, because I think I got 75/75, provided my memory has served me well (or if the examiner doesn't manage to fudge something up lol).

FWIW, I was resitting this paper, so you're bound to do better. That's what I recommend for most people to do, if anything, for a higher UMS (unless you've got full 90+ UMS already).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
73/75 minimum just can't remember if for 9b if I put it as u9 or not, cause I had to redo the question after realizing the sequence started from 10
Reply 22
Upon further inspection it seems this paper wasn't too hard. I wish that isn't the case with most people, as I want low grade boundaries. Too many awkward fractions cost me a solid 90%. I'm disappointed with 8b though as I used completing the square not spotting the ac solution and ended up with some imaginary number.
Reply 23
Original post by EricPiphany
No, if you wrote 36x+23^{6x+2}.

for question 9a i did 15 squared to get the answer
will i lose marks here??
Reply 24
Original post by NotNotBatman
Thanks, 75/75 :smile:

It looks like Oxbridge will be greeting you with open arms and a kiss on the private part.
Reply 25
Perhaps not as bad as initially thought but I definitely think it was worse than last year's paper.

For the area question I gave a few solutions, the last attempt I did get 163/3 but I didn't cross the others out and I'm wondering the marking policy regarding this? The other attempts were incorrect.
For question 11C, I got K as 41/8 but when I subbed it into the y formula, I didn't work it out correctly (got a big fraction), will I still get 1 mark for subbing in X and K into y? even though I didn't work y out correctly?
Reply 27
What UMS would 71/75 be? Thanks
Reply 28
Original post by LukeB98
Perhaps not as bad as initially thought but I definitely think it was worse than last year's paper.

For the area question I gave a few solutions, the last attempt I did get 163/3 but I didn't cross the others out and I'm wondering the marking policy regarding this? The other attempts were incorrect.

Edexcel will give you the marks even if you cross correct answers out. If you have multiple answers and one of them is correct, you still get the marks.

Don't miss out lines of working and make sure your working is all correct though, as you may be penalised for that.
I think I got a B... :frown: messed up on some questions

Can someone please put up rough grade boundaries please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions.

I thought it was a reasonable paper, expect standard boundaries.

Some of the fractions were a little odd. I think 8a will cause a lot of problems.

I would guess at 62-63 for an A and 55-56 for a B.

Dam it. Gt everyting rong

Posted from TSR Mobile
would I lose a mark for not simplifying 326/6 to 163/3? (lazy I know)
The annoying thing is that looking back at this paper, it looks alright. Wish I wasn't so stressed out at the beginning of the exam. The stress made the questions seem harder that it actually is.

Thank you for the markscheme <3
I feel more at peace.
Original post by Arsey
Here are my solutions.

I thought it was a reasonable paper, expect standard boundaries.

Some of the fractions were a little odd. I think 8a will cause a lot of problems.

I would guess at 62-63 for an A and 55-56 for a B.

although some parts of this exam were harder than other years it really doesn't warrant a hitler video
Ahhh I love you!!

Also for question 2, do you need to rewrite y separately?
Original post by svrabxivb
would I lose a mark for not simplifying 326/6 to 163/3? (lazy I know)

My guess would be not, I didn't either :smile:
Lol according to this i got 58, which doesn't get me an A ........(screw edexcel)
Original post by Varun127
Lol according to this i got 58, which doesn't get me an A ........(screw edexcel)

I got 54 according to this. I just hope I get a nice examiner who gives me method marks and a ton of them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, For the area question I split it up into 2 triangles.I got up to (root 70244)/2 - area of triangle PQR and 44/3 for area of triangle OPR added them together.How many marks would i get out of 5 would you think?
Would 100 UMS still be 75 do you think? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending