The Student Room Group

AS Level New Spec Official Edexcel Physics Paper 1: Core Physics I - 24th of May

Scroll to see replies

Good luck tomorrow, everyone!

Remember, an exam does not dictate your future. You have studied AS Physics for a year, so just concentrate and dig deep into those wells of knowledge.

You can do it!
sadly I got distracted when thinking whether the shitty basketball hoop would topple

Original post by NisarKhan
Good luck tomorrow, everyone!

Remember, an exam does not dictate your future. You have studied AS Physics for a year, so just concentrate and dig deep into those wells of knowledge.

You can do it!

NisarKhan is exactly right...
Anyone got an unofficial mark Scheme?

(If you have I'd say you're a very efficent worker)
How did you guys find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well... Could have gone worse I suppose... But that was still an awful exam. I quite liked the questions, I suppose it was easy in that respect, but I just should have revised more efficiently.
Original post by Skipper12345
revised more efficiently.

According to Pearson your (output energy)/(output energy) is your efficiency so if it makes you feel any better you were 100% fam
(edited 7 years ago)
Why is it that Physics is the only subject that I don't manage to answer every question? So frustrating because I know I would have completed everything if I got an extra 5 mins
Original post by ionic285
Why is it that Physics is the only subject that I don't manage to answer every question? So frustrating because I know I would have completed everything if I got an extra 5 mins

Same, I had a few questions where I had to quickly finish it, probably got it wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah... More time and I would have notice the stupid mistakes I made!! Like the one about calculating what the fluid was!
Yeah... More time and I would have notice the stupid mistakes I made!! Like the one about calculating what the fluid was!

I realsied later that I messed up in the resistivity one, got the area wrong :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DaVinciGirl
I realsied later that I messed up in the resistivity one, got the area wrong :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh well! It will all be okay in the end, what's done is done!
I got very confused on the efficiency one, as I had one value in energy and one in power, and had no time to convert. Now I think I realise.. Did you have to use P=FV?
I got very confused on the efficiency one, as I had one value in energy and one in power, and had no time to convert. Now I think I realise.. Did you have to use P=FV?

They gave Pd and Current, so you do P=VI I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

The efficiency one, you know the velocity to be 0.4m/s so in 1 second it rises by 0.4mYou can use E=mgΔh to find out the energy (which if also the power) then P=VI (or something like that) and use the two powers to find efficiency :smile:
The multiple choice was quite weird. That first question tho!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rsoane101
The efficiency one, you know the velocity to be 0.4m/s so in 1 second it rises by 0.4mYou can use E=mgΔh to find out the energy (which if also the power) then P=VI (or something like that) and use the two powers to find efficiency :smile:

Ahhhh, I think I did it right then! That's good!! What fluid did you get that the student was using? Corn syrup?
Anyone do the resit of the old spec? or does anyone know if there's a thread for it?

Cheers
Easiest paper I've done in years. Glad I didn't waste time revising. Might aswell take my uni exams now. Piece of piss. Thought this was the GCSE, after reading the cover several times, apparently this is a level standard. I might aswell take all A levels, if they are that easy.
:u: Hope you guys didn't do too bad, you have always got next year.
Original post by will.frc
Easiest paper I've done in years. Glad I didn't waste time revising. Might aswell take my uni exams now. Piece of piss. Thought this was the GCSE, after reading the cover several times, apparently this is a level standard. I might aswell take all A levels, if they are that easy.
:u: Hope you guys didn't do too bad, you have always got next year.

So what did you get for the moments one? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else not have time to answer about half the paper....

Quick Reply

Latest