A Level Maths ChecklistWatch
AS/A Level Maths Checklist
For the new linear A Level Maths students are tasked with revising all of the content across a 2 year course (1 year for AS). To assist with revision, we have produced a checklist in the posts below that contains every topic that could be in your AS or A Level exams. The checklist includes links to videos and exam practice questions, the majority of which have come from ExamSolutions, MathsGenie, Physics & Maths Tutor and TLMaths. All four of these are excellent revision websites.
As well as the checklist below, here is a printable PDF checklist that you can use to help plan your revision. For more details about how to revise the new AS/A Level Maths have a read through this article. Also please use the Maths forum to ask maths questions, use the Maths Exams forum to discuss individual exams and chat about maths in the A Level Maths Study Group.
Remember that TSR will always be here to help you if you're stuck with a question or just need some moral support! Good luck
- This checklist is designed for students to see a list of all AS/A Level maths topics in one place and revise the "standard questions". What this list does not do is prepare you for exam questions that combine a variety of topics and have modelling/problem solving aspects to them. You must practice these types of questions and try full exam papers if you want to be well prepared for the real thing.
- This checklist was designed based on the Edexcel specification but it can also be used for AQA, OCR and OCR/MEI since the prescribed content is the same. However there may be subtle differences regarding which topics are more likely to appear in your exam. Many of the questions in the checklist come from old spec Edexcel papers but they can still be used by students taking exams for other exam boards. If you are not an Edexcel student then it will be a good idea to look online for exam questions from your exam board.
- Many of the exam questions in this checklist are old spec past paper questions. Because there are so many of them, old spec questions are a great revision resource but be aware that aspects of them could go beyond AS/A Level maths or could be harder/easier than a new spec question. If you are unsure about whether a certain question could be in your exam then ask your teacher or ask here.
- This checklist does not mention or contain any questions related to the Large Data Set for statistics. You must ensure that you revise the LDS as part of your statistics revision.
- If you notice any bad links, mistakes or if you have any questions about the content of AS/A Level maths then please post in this thread.
Year 1/AS Pure
Year 2 Pure
Year 1/AS Statistics
Year 2 Statistics
Year 1/AS Mechanics
Year 2 Mechanics