The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 2 - 9th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tajtsracc
Did anyone get 5 for the number of resistors needed to be in parallel to get the power (something like that)?

I did!
Original post by haes
for the number of components did anyone get 4?

I got 4 I think
If I messed up reading the scale on the first question and got 1.7mm and then 4kg and then obviously it affected my value for Youngs Modulus how many marks do you think I will lose?
For the seismograph, i said that the moment of the weight of the ball increases. Therefore in order for moments on both sides to be eqaul the force on the spring must increase. This means the its extension must increase, causing it to compress and line to go up
I needed lube for that paper....
What you guys get for YOUNG MODULUS 4 marker
Reply 346
did no one get 1.7mm and 3.6kg? ;_; damn... hope error carried forward is nice to us
Original post by Jack.dim

A headache
Original post by datguy1999
It should be 4, rounding up to 5 means that the power exceeds 100w when it's not meant to

nah , its aid how many resistors does it require to reach the max output of 100W , if you had 4 it would be below. And you need it to be above 100W so the next number is 5
What did people get for why that second graph was better at calculating what max pd was
Original post by Jack.dim

like 1._ x10^11 ? cant remember
Reply 351
Original post by tajtsracc
Did anyone get 5 for the number of resistors needed to be in parallel to get the power (something like that)?

Yeah
Reply 352
Original post by e1l2l3i4e5
If I messed up reading the scale on the first question and got 1.7mm and then 4kg and then obviously it affected my value for Youngs Modulus how many marks do you think I will lose?

since there are many disagreements for these questions i think if your working out was spot on you can still get those 4 marks from the young modulus question
Reply 353
Original post by datguy1999
It should be 4, rounding up to 5 means that the power exceeds 100w when it's not meant to

I calculated it and for 4 it was over 100
Im waiting for someone to say that paper was easy af. Its tsr after all...
Reply 355
Original post by haes
did no one get 1.7mm and 3.6kg? ;_; damn... hope error carried forward is nice to us

I got that too! What should the answer have been?
that paper was easy af
Reply 357
Original post by alhrona
nah , its aid how many resistors does it require to reach the max output of 100W , if you had 4 it would be below. And you need it to be above 100W so the next number is 5

It said before max out put is achived so its 4
jokes probs got a U
Reply 359
Original post by GG1233
I got that too! What should the answer have been?

A lot of people around me said 2.7mm. I spent the whole night learning how to read a caliper so if I really did get it wrong I'll be really angry lol

Quick Reply

Latest