The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Physics Paper 2 Higher Tier Triple 1PH0 2H - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel GCSE Physics Paper 2 Higher Tier Triple exam go?

Edexcel GCSE Physics Paper 2 Higher Tier Triple 1PH0 2F - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 16th June 2023
Length: 1hr 45 mins

Resources
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/sciences-2016.html#%2Ftab-Physics
(edited 11 months ago)
Does anyone know what this spec point means?

Explain how the concept of an electric field helps to explain the phenomena of static electricity
Reply 2
What are like the main topics that will probably come up and what is the best to revise on such short notice??
Original post by nnussy
What are like the main topics that will probably come up and what is the best to revise on such short notice??

Electricity is almost certain to come up so make sure you revise that
What did you guys put for the first six marker?
Reply 5
Original post by Frizzle16523
What did you guys put for the first six marker?

put one cube on the hook and spring balance on the circular hook. clamp ruler next to it. work done by the cube is = force x distance. the force is its mass multiplied by g so 10, and distance is how far it moves down on the ruler. this will cause the spring to extend, and work done is the elastic potential energy. 1/2 * k * extension^2. extension is new length of spring - initial length. repeat and average, and repeat with the other cubes. efficiency is equal to the work done by the spring (elastic)/work done by the cube * 100

icl i was staring blankly at this 6 marker for a good 20 mins and then in the last 5 mins something clicked. idk if the measurements are right, but im pretty sure the work done for the spring would be elastic potential energy. i think i'd get at least a couple marks
Reply 6
what did you lot write for the component question? (i had no idea and wrote motor) ooh and the difference between a dynamo and motor (i thought they were the same thing)
Original post by cviitna
what did you lot write for the component question? (i had no idea and wrote motor) ooh and the difference between a dynamo and motor (i thought they were the same thing)

do u remember what the question was asking that might remind me
Reply 8
Original post by cviitna

icl i was so close to writing scissors for the component question bc what can you use to change the length of a wire?? bc that is what it was asking for right? in the end i put a switch bc i was thinking if you just turn off a part of the circuit then technically the length has changed? idk

i dont remember a question asking about the difference between a dynamo and a motor tho. are you talking about the one where it said the car had a device that could be used as a motor when accelerating but then also a dynamo and how that reduces energy loss or something like that?
Original post by cviitna

was that the one asking what piece of new equipment you needed since the length of wire changes? I put ruler to measure length of wire...
Original post by loik24

i dont remember a question asking about the difference between a dynamo and a motor tho. are you talking about the one where it said the car had a device that could be used as a motor when accelerating but then also a dynamo and how that reduces energy loss or something like that?

yeah I think that is what they are asking. Icl I was so confused on that I said something about the motor. Don't really remember the question thoough.
Original post by loik24
icl i was so close to writing scissors for the component question bc what can you use to change the length of a wire?? bc that is what it was asking for right? in the end i put a switch bc i was thinking if you just turn off a part of the circuit then technically the length has changed? idk

Its should be different length of wores
Reply 12
Original post by Frizzle16523
yeah I think that is what they are asking. Icl I was so confused on that I said something about the motor. Don't really remember the question thoough.

i said that since a battery only supplies a direct current, a dynamo makes sure that only direct current is used which prevents current from being wasted if it goes in the opposite direction and then motor converts electrical to kinetic energy so will help the car accelerate
Reply 13
Original post by alex chaudhary
Its should be different length of wores

but idk it said "one" piece of apparatus so surely that would be more than one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending