The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Is the world better off with or without Islam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yes, the world is better off without Islam, of course it is. Islam doesn't bring anything good to humanity or the world. It's a set of illogical beliefs which make people dumb.
Reply 21
A world without any religion. Period.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would prefer no religions but if we were going to prioritise which ones were first to go, then Islam would probably feature at the top of that list.
Reply 23
What a tough question. The world would be better if Islam reformed like Christianity has tried to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A world without Islam (which has existed for 1400 years) would be so astronomically different to todays would no one would conclusively be able to state if the world would be better or worse. Are certain followers of Islam causing problems? Yes. have certain followers of christianity caused problems? Yes.
Can anyone conclusively state that if the last 1400 years of history happened differently the world would be objectively better? No.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Is the world better off with or without you? Answer this for me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
Forget the question, please let me know how you will get rid of Islam in the first place?? Then talk. All I can think of is madness to even attempt it so good to you for thinking right. :colonhash:

Oh please, cut the nonsense out.
Original post by Onde
Muhammad was one of the most evil people who have ever lived (even the earliest accounts that are supposed to be favourable make that clear); I am certain that hundreds of millions of people throughout history admiring him as the model human being that they should all aspire to follow has left the world in a worse state than would otherwise be the case.

Who the hell are you though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. But so would it be if you took away Christianity. Because both ways you're reducing the amount of differences in the world. People fight and attack other people because they have differences of opinions and beliefs, and those lead to conflict. So the less religions you have the less different groups and agendas you have.

From our point of view, all *our* problems would be solved with no Islam. From their point of view, all their problems would be solved without us. Luckily for us all, nobody is god and can just wipe the other side out of existence.

Religion may fuel a lot of terrorism, but for many other people it brings peace. You can't just look at the reduction of terror attacks as the only factor in this debate. I'd say if you just took away religion right now, then probably not. If you make so it never existed in the first place, the world would be a better place.
With..
Original post by College_Dropout
You can't get rid of Islam. Period.
Original post by sulaimanali
You can't get rid of Islam. Period.

Well done, this relates to my post how?
Well done, this relates to my post how?

Ignorant, I was telling you that the person's post you quoted isn't 'nonsense'. The person who started this thread seems to be inching towards Islam being gone - but it can't be so there's no point of asking whether there should be Islam in this world or not.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 33

What did I say wrong? Can you please show me first how to get rid of Islam? Any solution/way/strategy?
As much as I think Islam, like any religion, has a pretty bad influence on the world, I don't think humans would have survived the dark ages without religion. I hope to be proven wrong, but I think we needed a moral compass in the days of the past.
Original post by h333
What did I say wrong? Can you please show me first how to get rid of Islam? Any solution/way/strategy?

Who said we should? The OP is asking for opinions, not fact and plan.
Original post by sulaimanali
Ignorant, I was telling you that the person's post you quoted isn't 'nonsense'. The person who started this thread seems to be inching towards Islam being gone - but it can't be so there's no point of asking whether there should be Islam in this world or not.

What part of "or has it had an overall benefit in society?" do you not understand?
Original post by RationaI
Don't forget what helped cause all this radicalisation in the first place

The Koran.
What part of "or has it had an overall benefit in society?" do you not understand?
Define which society. It has had positive effects on many societies. And the question is actually in the tile, do you understand? Marginalisation is what is happening with Islam.
In my opinion without

Latest

Trending

Trending