The Student Room Group

Muslims will be banned from entering the US

Scroll to see replies

It might be good for countries like the UK as maybe more of the positive Muslim tourism might end up with our businesses :redface:
Original post by AperfectBalance

Was just asking a question to those Muslims opposing it

Its not a valid comparison.
Original post by liberalluv
Its not a valid comparison.

I was asking a question, not making a comparison. although it does compare in some ways.
I was asking a question, not making a comparison. although it does compare in some ways.

So what you said was completely irrelevant and you were obviously trying to justify the ban.
So should I a white Christian Male be able to go into Mecca?

Yeah as they pose minimal risk to ones physical well-being.
Reply 65
Original post by WhiteX
No because our religion says so, However, does ur bibel forbidden Muslims from entering the us ? No it don't that's right
The bottom line is that your religion is out of date. It needs to change to fit in to modern civilisations. Islam needs to be more tolerant of other religions and ideals and accept the laws of the country that you live in over your religion otherwise no country will want you.
Original post by the bear
there is a really great takeaway there ?

Spoiler

But, it's halal. :colone:
Reply 67
Original post by Retropattern
they check your name (to see if it sounds muslim, and you can usually tell from that), symbols of your religion e.g. a headscarf, oh and the obvious do they have brown skin:colonhash: and i think when you apply for a passport/ ID there is a religion option and if it was on there...
Plus you could have said that about the jews during WW2, some of them may have faked it, but 1 million ended up getting killed.

They can just take off the headscarf or say they're wearing it because it's fashionable or whatever. There are millions of brown atheists with 'muslim-sounding' names.
It's just not going to happen.
Original post by WhiteX
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_of_the_Elephant

Trust me He can't America is nothing

You are making a great case as to why the US should put the ban in place..
I'm not a muslim or a religous guy to begin with but how can he tell exactly who's muslim and who isn't, anyone can wear a long robe or grow a long beard or tie headscalves or wear burkahs.

Does he refer to muslims, as in anyone ethnically from an islamic country(e.g.the arab states or pakistan), because that would also include people that don't take their religion as seriously as the typical terrorist, and I've been around alot to know that they exist.

What about India, india is a multi religous country with there own muslim population and they look ethnically alike, but are distinct from the arabs, despite different beliefs.

What about Malaysia, you can't put a muslim malaysian and an arab in the same room and say they look alike, yet Malaysians aren't all muslims.

What about african muslims, North africans like egyptians and tunisians and moroccans as well as the ones down the sub-sahara in West Africa(e.g. Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Senegal,etc) and East africa(e.g.Somalia), they're all black african muslims, yet they look like the ones that don't practice islam.

Even the US had it's own muslims before the muslim immigrants, e.g. african americans like Muhammed Ali.

My point is anyone can be a muslim and they can be inspired into islamic terrorism as much as the muslims in the middle east. I don't usually backup religion, but it would be unfair to judge a whole population of people that believe in one religion or come from a theocratic country, just because of a small sect of extremeists. No one judges christians based upon the Pedophile Priests.
Reply 70
Original post by Saba XD
I don't think it is as why would non-muslims even be interested in going to Mecca.

It is a historical city with many old monuments. Historians would like to visit it before the Saudis have finished to destroy everything to build their mega stadium there.
Original post by Saba XD
I don't think it is as why would non-muslims even be interested in going to Mecca.

interest? why is this even an important question?
could I ask that about the UK? "why would a muslim want to come to technically the gayest country in europe when they practice condempt against homosexuality?"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
It is a historical city with many old monuments. Historians would like to visit it before the Saudis have finished to destroy everything to build their mega stadium there.

Original post by sleepysnooze
interest? why is this even an important question?
could I ask that about the UK? "why would a muslim want to come to technically the gayest country in europe when they practice condempt against homosexuality?"

I'm not going to reason with you both when you don't even understand.
Original post by Saba XD

I don't understand what, exactly? your arrogance?
Not many people understand the political system in the US, do they?

The muslims can only be banned if congress votes in favour of it. They can veto a Trump bill if a majority disagrees with it. Furthermore, it would be foreign, non-US muslims that would be banned, as banning a US Muslim is unconstitutional.

Literally all the democrats will reject the bill, probably most of the republicans too. I don't see what the worry is about this topic.

How can you even tell if someone is a Muslim if they're not wearing religious attire? Many Lebanese people can pass as looking Muslim, but most are christians. They'd literally have to turn anyone middle eastern looking away, but you also have to remember there are white muslims too, so yeah - not the strongest policy.
Reply 75
Original post by Saba XD

Explain better then.
Reply 76
Original post by kenni12
I'm not a muslim or a religous guy to begin with but how can he tell exactly who's muslim and who isn't, anyone can wear a long robe or grow a long beard or tie headscalves or wear burkahs.

Add these test to the screening process in airports:
- Draw Mohamed test.
- Bacon test.
- Beer test.

I have just suggested these solutions to Donald Trump here: https://apply.ptt.gov/yourstory/

Let's see if they do it. :biggrin:
So should I a white Christian Male be able to go into Mecca?

Mecca is specially sanctified but you are welcome to any other Muslim country.
Original post by sleepysnooze
I don't understand what, exactly? your arrogance?

I'm anything but arrogant.
Original post by Josb
Add these test to the screening process in airports:
- Draw Mohamed test.
- Bacon test.
- Beer test.

I have just suggested these solutions to Donald Trump here: https://apply.ptt.gov/yourstory/

Let's see if they do it. :biggrin:

You're despicable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending