The Student Room Group

IBM Futures Scheme 2017

Anyone applying for next year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i am still filling out the application form though Anyone have any tips about the personal statement.
hey... if the role says 'Currently not accepting applications Please check out our other roles' ... dose that mean its full? or that i hasn't opened yet?
Reply 3
Original post by manny0121
hey... if the role says 'Currently not accepting applications Please check out our other roles' ... dose that mean its full? or that i hasn't opened yet?

Not open yet dude
The futures scheme role should still be open however - the apprenticeships open in January I think
Reply 4
Original post by apatel97
i am still filling out the application form though Anyone have any tips about the personal statement.

Tips:
- Stand out , use your best examples for each box in the application form. E.g example of teamwork - make sure it is relevant and always links back to the 'teamwork' keyword
- Don't blab or go on and on and describe what you did to meet your deadlines or the final result ... Keep it simple. Less is more. I think there is a word limit in each box (so that links back to 'don't blab a lot')
- The final box is a short supporting statement ... Make this really bold and sell yourself and sound confident. Write about the things that you haven't already said and make sure it links to the technical or business role for the futures scheme.

After you submit it, they could accept you and email asking you to make a presentation (the email will include all of the criteria). There are many examples online especially on Prezi of past students who did it. The presentation is an extra bit that will tell IBM why you really want to work for them. And they will also ask you to complete a logical numerical test online (you obviously have a deadline for when it must be completed so that you application can be processed). You can practise for this if you want but each question is timed 2 mins I think (they might have changed it).

Good luck!
Original post by EXOMENDES 101
Not open yet dude
The futures scheme role should still be open however - the apprenticeships open in January I think

Im planning on applying for the graduate scheme, but the one i want says ''Currently not accepting applications Please check out our other roles''... hope im not too late
Reply 6
thanks so much for the advice it helped alot, one more question you know the box that says personal statement how long do you reckon that should be?
Reply 7
I have only done like 2 short paragraphs cuz I have pretty much put everything I have done under the other boxes above - so what I had left, the last bits to impress IBM, I included in that final box.

GOOD LUCK
Reply 8
thanks and good luck to you too for the presentation
Reply 9
Original post by apatel97
thanks and good luck to you too for the presentation

Cheers mate - I hope I get this opportunity. I wasn't confident at the assessment day which is why I didn't get through. But I've had much more ezperience since last time and I am confident that it will go well.
Cheers mate - I hope I get this opportunity. I wasn't confident at the assessment day which is why I didn't get through. But I've had much more ezperience since last time and I am confident that it will go well.

Hey,

Do you know the application process stages? Whats the next stage after the application submission?
Reply 11
Hey,

Do you know the application process stages? Whats the next stage after the application submission?

Read the long post by me .. I've written literally everything. :wink:!
Read the long post by me .. I've written literally everything. :wink:!

hey just filling out the form it requests:

'For this degree, please provide your Year 1 / Year 2 / overall results to date based on your degree transcript, e.g. Year 1: 65%, Year 2: 63%)'

I don't have access to that.. not sure what to write...

Also on the top of your application form dose it 2016?
Reply 13
hey just filling out the form it requests:

'For this degree, please provide your Year 1 / Year 2 / overall results to date based on your degree transcript, e.g. Year 1: 65%, Year 2: 63%)'

I don't have access to that.. not sure what to write...

Also on the top of your application form dose it 2016?

Sorry can't help you with that - I didn't fill out something like that last year.
any advice about the cover letter?
Reply 15
Make it short and snappy - I don't remember doing a cover letter (I think cuz it was so short and it literally just summed up WHY I wanted to do the Futures Scheme and WHAT I will bring to IBM. That last supporting paragraph in that template document you gotta fill out is similar to the cover letter.

I did like 2 short paragraphs for the cover letter.

Good luck :smile:
hiya- i passed the ipat how long will i have to wait until they either accept or reject me for the AC
Reply 17
No longer than a few days
Well done
No longer than a few days
Well done

thanks
Hi, Everyone!

I have applied for 2017 technical roles. I passed my IPAT, Passed the CV/ Form Review, and am waiting for my assessment centre date. Anyone else?

Kate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending