The Student Room Group

IBM Futures Scheme 2023 entry

I’ve just been put into the matching pool for the business futures scheme. Has anyone else applied for this programme?

Please reply if you have, it’s so difficult to find people who’ve applied for 2023 entry on here x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I’ve been in matching now since the 01/12/22, so glad someone is on here talking about this years intakeHave you had anything come through at all for final stage?
Original post by Mjeley
Hey! I’ve been in matching now since the 01/12/22, so glad someone is on here talking about this years intakeHave you had anything come through at all for final stage?

I’ve not had anything yet. Tried taking my mind off it for a bit. Have you had anything? Did you apply for the business, design or tech one?
Reply 3
Original post by Taeraatutta
I’ve not had anything yet. Tried taking my mind off it for a bit. Have you had anything? Did you apply for the business, design or tech one?

I applied for business, I haven’t had anything either just trying to be patient! Reallt trying to find anything else or anyone in our position but there is literally nothing
Original post by Mjeley
I applied for business, I haven’t had anything either just trying to be patient! Reallt trying to find anything else or anyone in our position but there is literally nothing

I know two other people who are in the matching pool for this scheme. They’ve had nothing too. I’m guessing they’ll start sending out potential matches in January. Did you have your AC on the 29th?
I’ve just been put into the matching pool for the business futures scheme. Has anyone else applied for this programme?

Please reply if you have, it’s so difficult to find people who’ve applied for 2023 entry on here x

hi, in the matching pool for technology :smile: currently agonising over location choices lol
Original post by vapordave
hi, in the matching pool for technology :smile: currently agonising over location choices lol

hii what were your top 3 location choices?
hii what were your top 3 location choices?

london, warwick and manchester but I keep debating whether it was a good call 😭 I would like to move out (live in a commuter town north of london) but I don't want to have a miserable time struggling to make ends meet in london. *but* my heart keeps saying I shouldn't pass up the opportunity to live in london
london, warwick and manchester but I keep debating whether it was a good call 😭 I would like to move out (live in a commuter town north of london) but I don't want to have a miserable time struggling to make ends meet in london. *but* my heart keeps saying I shouldn't pass up the opportunity to live in london

Nice. My choices were Manchester, London and Edinburgh. I live in London and it’s so expensive. I plan to live in Kent if I get a role in London. You’ll be spending your whole salary on rent/bills if you live in London by yourself. Apart from that, London is nice. I’m just tired of London, I need somewhere quiet and serene lol. Sounds like you live outside London, where do you live? And many I know people living outside London want to work in London so there’s definitely nothing wrong. You’ll be fine if you live near London e.g Redhill, Kent, maybe somewhere in East Sussex, Essex, Brighton…. Tbh there’s nothing special about living in London.
Nice. My choices were Manchester, London and Edinburgh. I live in London and it’s so expensive. I plan to live in Kent if I get a role in London. You’ll be spending your whole salary on rent/bills if you live in London by yourself. Apart from that, London is nice. I’m just tired of London, I need somewhere quiet and serene lol. Sounds like you live outside London, where do you live? And many I know people living outside London want to work in London so there’s definitely nothing wrong. You’ll be fine if you live near London e.g Redhill, Kent, maybe somewhere in East Sussex, Essex, Brighton…. Tbh there’s nothing special about living in London.

i live in bedfordshire so commuting into london is doable but expensive :afraid: i'm a bit bored of the suburban lifestyle so that's the allure of london but on the other hand i don't want to be miserable living paycheque to paycheque. they give you a grand extra i think but that's surely not enough lmao. i might try and get my priority changed to manchester at this point
Reply 10
I know two other people who are in the matching pool for this scheme. They’ve had nothing too. I’m guessing they’ll start sending out potential matches in January. Did you have your AC on the 29th?

My assessment centre was 24th, I think you could be right about Jan being time for a lot of matching. My friend is an apprentice there in technology and she has been telling me there is a huge stress on getting ready for Q1 so it’s busy busy right now at IBM
Reply 11
i live in bedfordshire so commuting into london is doable but expensive :afraid: i'm a bit bored of the suburban lifestyle so that's the allure of london but on the other hand i don't want to be miserable living paycheque to paycheque. they give you a grand extra i think but that's surely not enough lmao. i might try and get my priority changed to manchester at this point

I live in Surrey so the commute isn’t bad at all for London or Hursley so I’m very lucky! The grand won’t go too far for London but if you manage to wfh (depending on role) a good bit the extra saving on any travel will mean you will save a bunch so London won’t be terrible.

My choices were London and Hursley, cannot remember number 3 to be honest but maybe Portsmouth?
Original post by Mjeley
My assessment centre was 24th, I think you could be right about Jan being time for a lot of matching. My friend is an apprentice there in technology and she has been telling me there is a huge stress on getting ready for Q1 so it’s busy busy right now at IBM

Yeah I think December isn’t a good time. 24!! I didn’t even know there was another AC for Business. My AC was on the 29th and they had a total of 24 students (12 in mine and 12 from the morning one) Interesting
Original post by Mjeley
I live in Surrey so the commute isn’t bad at all for London or Hursley so I’m very lucky! The grand won’t go too far for London but if you manage to wfh (depending on role) a good bit the extra saving on any travel will mean you will save a bunch so London won’t be terrible.

My choices were London and Hursley, cannot remember number 3 to be honest but maybe Portsmouth?

Omg I live in Coulsdon so it’s a bit of London and Surrey ish.

Just see what you get from the matching pool and make a decision. And I love Manchester!! It’s like a version of London where people are a lot nicer and happier.
Hi, I'm slightly confused by this thread as I have been checking the IBM website frequently and there is still nowhere to apply only to register interest. Is the matching scheme based on those who have registered interest?
Original post by yupyupp
Hi, I'm slightly confused by this thread as I have been checking the IBM website frequently and there is still nowhere to apply only to register interest. Is the matching scheme based on those who have registered interest?

Applications for the Futures opened and are closed already. I think the applications for their apprenticeships aren’t open yet. The matching pool is the final stage of the application process for the Futures gap year scheme. What did you intend to apply for?
Reply 16
Applications for the Futures opened and are closed already. I think the applications for their apprenticeships aren’t open yet. The matching pool is the final stage of the application process for the Futures gap year scheme. What did you intend to apply for?

Original post by yupyupp

The application was a tricky one to find if I remember! I was referred through a friend so I can’t be a lot of help with that I’m sorry! Apprenticeships however aren’t open yet, they are open sometime near national apprenticeships week I think (mid Feb you’d have to google) and they are great too

hi, thats unfortunate oh gosh! i intended to apply for the tech or design futures as im not entirely sure on what I would enjoy pursuing as a career long term but I think now ill just apply for the degree apprenticeships instead and try and do more related online courses to see which i enjoy more. Is there any other things you'd recommend? particularly that help with application on your resume?
Original post by yupyupp
hi, thats unfortunate oh gosh! i intended to apply for the tech or design futures as im not entirely sure on what I would enjoy pursuing as a career long term but I think now ill just apply for the degree apprenticeships instead and try and do more related online courses to see which i enjoy more. Is there any other things you'd recommend? particularly that help with application on your resume?

Sad you missed the deadline, tbh I only heard that applications opened from a friend. I’m not some application guru 😭 but generally I’d say you should make your application stand out. Have you done a unique placement or you have a project you’ve worked on? Talk about it in detail and the skills you gained from it- link everything to IBM’s core values (stated on their website) For the AC, just remember your social cues. You want to show that you can work well with others and prep well for your presentation.

Wish you luck, hopefully we all bump into each other at IBM in the future.
Anyone heard anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending