The Student Room Group

Are you serious?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CarysJSLewis
Looks like we have a special snowflake over here... Have you even considered medical issues that can accompany periods? Such as endometriosis and polycystic ovaries? Maybe before you start running your mouth to try and be relatable to guys, use your brain.

Hahahhahha you make me laugh. What is original about NOT complaining about periods? How does that make me special or anyone who argues that women should not get a day off because of it? Maybe you should use your brain because there is a clear difference between a serious medical issue and your regular period week.

If women want a day off to sit on the sofa and watch TV all day then they simply shouldnt get paid for that day.

Lmao shut the f up and stop complaining.
Original post by years101
Hahahhahha you make me laugh. What is original about NOT complaining about periods? How does that make me special or anyone who argues that women should not get a day off because of it? Maybe you should use your brain because there is a clear difference between a serious medical issue and your regular period week.

If women want a day off to sit on the sofa and watch TV all day then they simply shouldnt get paid for that day.

Lmao shut the f up and stop complaining.

Considering I actually have endometriosis, I think I know what I'm talking about. Women like you make me sick, to be honest. What do you gain from tearing people who have incredible pain down? Does it make you feel all relevant, cool, and edgy? Do you suddenly know how every single woman in the world feels when they're on their period, just because you go through it as well? I think not.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tiger Rag
Doesn't stop the pain completely. I take the pill because I was getting migraine as well. I still get quite a lot of pain and it doesn't stop the bleeding either.

I was under the impression that continuous use does eventually stop the bleeding, see this - http://www.arhp.org/Publications-and-Resources/Quick-Reference-Guide-for-Clinicians/choosing/Extended-OCs

In any case, I understand.
Original post by Conceited
I was under the impression that continuous use does eventually stop the bleeding, see this - http://www.arhp.org/Publications-and-Resources/Quick-Reference-Guide-for-Clinicians/choosing/Extended-OCs

In any case, I understand.

In some women it does and it others, it doesn't. It is listed as a side effect (and I was warned) that my periods will be all over the place or I won't have any.
In some women it does and it others, it doesn't. It is listed as a side effect (and I was warned) that my periods will be all over the place or I won't have any.

Oh, alright. Thanks for giving me some much appreciated clarity.
Since when were kidney stones exclusive to men?

Since when were pain, back ache, vomitting and migraines exclusive to women.

Are you overweight by any chance?
Original post by liberty cap
Since when were pain, back ache, vomitting and migraines exclusive to women.

Are you overweight by any chance?

I never said they were. But periods and the problems to do with them are.

And no, I'm not overweight. Not sure how that's relevant at all.
I never said they were. But periods and the problems to do with them are.
And? It's the symptoms that are the problem.

And no, I'm not overweight. Not sure how that's relevant at all.

Makes periods worse.
Considering I actually have endometriosis, I think I know what I'm talking about. Women like you make me sick, to be honest. What do you gain from tearing people who have incredible pain down? Does it make you feel all relevant, cool, and edgy? Do you suddenly know how every single woman in the world feels when they're on their period, just because you go through it as well? I think not.

Oh my god. Do I need to keep repeating myself? I SUFFER from cramps and used to vomit in the mornings when I was on my period and used to get hot flushes but not a big deal. Grow up. YES pain ect varies but it doesnt mean you have the right to miss a day.
AGAIN - what is cool about what I am saying? You're a weirdo ngl. You still dont understand what I'm saying lol.

'Tearing people who have incredible pain' phahahha can I not think women shouldnt have a day off or is that too offending? Lmao idiot.
Since when were kidney stones exclusive to men?

Since when were severely debilitating pains from a period affecting all women?

The kidney stones are an example of how many people can have a condition that affects them on a regular basis in a way which could be detrimental to work. The fact that some women think that they don't need a day off for their period is plenty of evidence to suggest that many are not affected in a way which would force them to have to miss work. From this wouldn't it be fair to say this should be dealt with on a case by case basis? Wouldn't it be unfair to have say, a blanket holiday for all women, even if a considerable amount are not too badly affected by their periods, when a man who gets debilitating migraines on a regular basis still has to either work or lose some of his sick leave?

Although I see the point in having a system where all conditions such as these (severe periods or migraines) are looked at and allowances could be made on a case by case basis with a doctors consent, how can you defend something which would give a good number of people a day off for no particular reason?
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh my god. Do I need to keep repeating myself? I SUFFER from cramps and used to vomit in the mornings when I was on my period and used to get hot flushes but not a big deal. Grow up. YES pain ect varies but it doesnt mean you have the right to miss a day.
AGAIN - what is cool about what I am saying? You're a weirdo ngl. You still dont understand what I'm saying lol.

'Tearing people who have incredible pain' phahahha can I not think women shouldnt have a day off or is that too offending? Lmao idiot.

"Lmao idiot"
My apologies, I didn't realise I was having a debate with a 13 year old. "Soz" and all that
Reply 51
Not a girl either (which I hope members can ascertain without explanation). But, if it is so tragic then women do have the option of undertaking continuous hormonal birth controls which prevent the bleeding every 4 weeks. Boom, no need for a day/week/year off.

Agreed.

As @Nirvana1989-1994 has said, they don't, and I personally know it. I'm on week 7 of a period thanks to the hormonal injection, with cramps, headaches every day :h: There are exceptions to it.
Original post by Airmed
As @Nirvana1989-1994 has said, they don't, and I personally know it. I'm on week 7 of a period thanks to the hormonal injection, with cramps, headaches every day :h: There are exceptions to it.

More reason for chocolate. :smile: :hugs: :hugs:
Reply 53
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
More reason for chocolate. :smile: :hugs: :hugs:

Not when I want to keep my weight down :sad: Doesn't fit into the gym regime anymore :cry2: You can eat the chocolate for me.
Original post by Airmed
Not when I want to keep my weight down :sad: Doesn't fit into the gym regime anymore :cry2: You can eat the chocolate for me.

There's always a reason for chocolate. :smile: :hugs: or maybe a cookie, or two. :smile: a balance is good.
Reply 55
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
There's always a reason for chocolate. :smile: :hugs: or maybe a cookie, or two. :smile: a balance is good.

It's so addictive though, once I start, I can't stop :rofl:
Original post by Airmed

@Tiger Rag has said the same. I completely understand now.
"Lmao idiot"
My apologies, I didn't realise I was having a debate with a 13 year old. "Soz" and all that

Bye babe X
Original post by Chichaldo
I'm not a girl so I'm not in the best place to state a view but in the current position of this being not allowed shows it's possible to work whilst on your period. However I understand that for some it could be near impossible to work or simply unbearable and you shouldn't be obliged too and miss out as a result. But the poll suggests everyone will get one, which would surely be exploited by those who could easily work. Also, do they not last for a week and not a day? A week would certainly be out of the question unless it is near impossible or unbearable as aforementioned.

Ahh here we go, a guy weighing in when he knows nothing.
:colonhash:

Period pain, sickness, etc tends to peak at its worst for 1-2 days for most girls. Yes, some girls are unfortunate enough to suffer extreme cramps and sickness for the duration, but for many, there tends to be 'the worst' day.
How do you know I dont suffer from cramps? Lmao didnt you read what I said? I used to vomit in the mornings during my periods
Its hardly 'suffering' tbh its just a few days that girls often complain about.
Women have no right to miss a day because of it lol.
Lol I'm so confused, what is alternative about saying that women shouldnt miss a day? I am a girl and its an opinion. Its doesnt make me a different kind of woman lmao we are all the same

In your previous post you said you used to only vomit during the few days preceding your period. Now you're saying you vomit during your period.

Home boy needs to learn basic female biology, and stay consistent :wink:

Not a girl either (which I hope members can ascertain without explanation). But, if it is so tragic then women do have the option of undertaking continuous hormonal birth controls which prevent the bleeding every 4 weeks. Boom, no need for a day/week/year off.

#CLUELESS.

Firstly, birth controls can actually result in bleeding, and painful artificial periods for a significant number of women.
Or, they can result in other side effects, such as migraine, clinical depression, acne.
Or, they can pose a significant risk if you have high blood pressure.
Or, you may not take birth control pills due to religious/ cultural beliefs.

Please bother to do some research before making flippant remarks. The lack of basic knowledge of female menstruation is embarrassing for some males who clearly have had no intimate contact with a woman. You're just showing yourself up.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending