The Student Room Group

Transition Metal Colours

Could anyone give me or show me a definitive list of all the transition metals and ligand colours, including reaction colour changes and colours of ions, for OCR A level? I can't seem to find a good list anywhere> Thanks so much!
Reply 1
Are they not all in the book at various places?
Reply 2
Original post by watermelon99
Could anyone give me or show me a definitive list of all the transition metals and ligand colours, including reaction colour changes and colours of ions, for OCR A level? I can't seem to find a good list anywhere> Thanks so much!

The list of metals and ligand changes is on your spec. Then all you have to do is find out the answer. Having to do a little bit of research will help you recall them in the future. Simply giving you a list is a very poor way to learn them.

(also I haven't updated my notes, yet. This is the only topic we still have to do and I don't have to teach it until after Easter).
Reply 3
Ok, I'll have a look in the spec. Cheers.

my teacher has put together a power point of all colours.
I have made notes on it myself and learnt the colours inside out as well as the reactions.
Hence i got an A* in transition metals test and mostly on all other topics.
I have attached the powerpoint it helped me. Hope it helps u.
Reply 5
Original post by Bence9912
Hope it helps u.

Unfortunately, it is barely of any use for OCR A.

These are the colours that need to be known for the AQA spec. I doubt they'll e any different for OCR.
Original post by AbdulRaqib
These are the colours that need to be known for the AQA spec. I doubt they'll e any different for OCR.

thank you so much you're a life save:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest