The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why are there no female Uber/taxi drivers?

Anyone ever noticed? Ive never had a female taxi driver in my entire life and i get loads of taxis - Uber's, locals and London taxis. Never once have I crossed a female driver...

Scroll to see replies

Omg thats so true xD. U have only now made me realise this lol.
Original post by zayn008
Anyone ever noticed? Ive never had a female taxi driver in my entire life and i get loads of taxis - Uber's, locals and London taxis. Never once have I crossed a female driver...

the same reason why STEM courses are mostly male

Spoiler

Uber is sexist #paygap#feminism#suckmychode
Reply 5
Original post by Khanman123
Uber is sexist #paygap#feminism#suckmychode

I think the whole gig economy is.. ive never had a female deliver my food from dominos, Pizza Hut, just eat, hungry house, deliveroo or UberEATs...
Original post by zayn008
I think the whole gig economy is.. ive never had a female deliver my food from dominos, Pizza Hut, just eat, hungry house, deliveroo or UberEATs...

Ive had a few bit most are guys. There won't be any feminists complaining that women are being discriminated against cos its a crap job.
Im gonna start my own FakeTaxi business! @Lord_Mediocre 😂
I've had a female taxi driver drive me to the train station once. Lovely lady, even gave a pep talk because it was a big day for me and I was anxious :lol:
I've had female cabbies, but I can count the amount I've had throughout my entire life on one hand.
Pretty vulnerable job for anyone especially a female. Had one female taxi driver my entire life, she loved it
One of those jobs which women simply don't want to take. They complain only when it comes to inequality in city law firms and investment banks, but they don't care about men doing all the work in rescue services, building services and other jobs that aren't glamorous enough.
In before some feminist comes in saying "it's the patriarchal society" and "male privilege".
I was watching this documentary about taxi drivers online. Almost all of them were female taxi drivers. Mind you it all got a bit kinky after the initial intro.
Because women can't drive.
It's due to the very fabric of the task being performed, its ontological essence.
Original post by Lord_Mediocre
I was watching this documentary about taxi drivers online. Almost all of them were female taxi drivers. Mind you it all got a bit kinky after the initial intro.

Sounds like it was for research purposes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meany Pie
Sounds like it was for research purposes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not even that, I've been intrigued by how women work in these very typically male working environments, unfortunately I've CU.M away with more questions than answers.

I have a sneaky suspicion some of the documentary was scripted.
Original post by Lord_Mediocre
Not even that, I've been intrigued by how women work in these very typically male working environments, unfortunately I've CU.M away with more questions than answers.

I have a sneaky suspicion some of the documentary was scripted.

I'm glad you came to a conclusion.
Women are smart enough not to work for a company that treats its employees like trash.

Latest

Trending

Trending