Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are there no female Uber/taxi drivers? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever noticed? Ive never had a female taxi driver in my entire life and i get loads of taxis - Uber's, locals and London taxis. Never once have I crossed a female driver...

ReputationRep:
    Omg thats so true xD. U have only now made me realise this lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Anyone ever noticed? Ive never had a female taxi driver in my entire life and i get loads of taxis - Uber's, locals and London taxis. Never once have I crossed a female driver...
    the same reason why STEM courses are mostly male

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Uber is sexist #paygap#feminism#suckmychode

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanman123)
    Uber is sexist #paygap#feminism#suckmychode
    I think the whole gig economy is.. ive never had a female deliver my food from dominos, Pizza Hut, just eat, hungry house, deliveroo or UberEATs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    I think the whole gig economy is.. ive never had a female deliver my food from dominos, Pizza Hut, just eat, hungry house, deliveroo or UberEATs...
    Ive had a few bit most are guys. There won't be any feminists complaining that women are being discriminated against cos its a crap job.

ReputationRep:
    Im gonna start my own FakeTaxi business! Lord_Mediocre 😂

ReputationRep:
    I've had a female taxi driver drive me to the train station once. Lovely lady, even gave a pep talk because it was a big day for me and I was anxious :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I've had female cabbies, but I can count the amount I've had throughout my entire life on one hand.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty vulnerable job for anyone especially a female. Had one female taxi driver my entire life, she loved it

One of those jobs which women simply don't want to take. They complain only when it comes to inequality in city law firms and investment banks, but they don't care about men doing all the work in rescue services, building services and other jobs that aren't glamorous enough.

ReputationRep:
    In before some feminist comes in saying "it's the patriarchal society" and "male privilege".
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I was watching this documentary about taxi drivers online. Almost all of them were female taxi drivers. Mind you it all got a bit kinky after the initial intro.

ReputationRep:
    Because women can't drive.

ReputationRep:
    It's due to the very fabric of the task being performed, its ontological essence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord_Mediocre)
    I was watching this documentary about taxi drivers online. Almost all of them were female taxi drivers. Mind you it all got a bit kinky after the initial intro.
    Sounds like it was for research purposes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meany Pie)
    Sounds like it was for research purposes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not even that, I've been intrigued by how women work in these very typically male working environments, unfortunately I've CU.M away with more questions than answers.

I have a sneaky suspicion some of the documentary was scripted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord_Mediocre)
    Not even that, I've been intrigued by how women work in these very typically male working environments, unfortunately I've CU.M away with more questions than answers.

I have a sneaky suspicion some of the documentary was scripted.
    I'm glad you came to a conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    Women are smart enough not to work for a company that treats its employees like trash.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.