The Student Room Group

Why do you dislike immigration?

Those who are against immigration, what is it that you dislike about it?

What things in particular make you anti immigration?

Scroll to see replies

I've no problem with them. I have friends who are immigrants. I just think we should control the borders and limit the amount of them coming in.

Tbh I'm probably gonna have a lot of disagreements for that last bit.
Not controlling immigration brings you the mess involving sex rings inside Derby, Newcastle, Oxford, Rochdale, Rotherham...
When people are too scared to speak out, on goes the damage being dealt to the natives.
Original post by shawn_o1
Not controlling immigration brings you the mess involving sex rings inside Derby, Newcastle, Oxford, Rochdale, Rotherham...
When people are too scared to speak out, on goes the damage being dealt to the natives.

So you're against immigration because a small minority of immigrants are involved in sex rings?

That seems a little extreme seeing that all involved in sex rings are not all immigrants. :holmes:
Reply 4
Some steal jobs and women, I used to have a woman, I don't know her name but one day, I came home after getting the sack and she was gone and an immigrant had moved in down the road the day before. can't be a coincidence can it?
their inability to speak english has affected my kids.
they come home saying things like "wallahi" and "wagwan"
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by faloodeh
their inability to speak english has affected my kids.
they come home saying things like "wallahi"

Not an inability to speak english, it is an ability to speak another language
Original post by ToothpasteTiger
There taking my jobs and my money Idk y anyone likes them

Ur jobs? Who said they were urs?
Original post by Maker
They steal jobs and women, I used to have a woman, I don't know her name but one day, I came home after getting the sack and she was gone and an immigrant had moved in down the road the day before. can't be a coincidence can it?

Dont be stupid
Original post by hsalika

Speaking of abilities, you lack the one that can sniff out a joke
it'd be difficult to understand the viewpoint if u dont approach this open mindedly, but yes, being against immigration is kind of natural in a sense. It would only take a rational approach to see that immigrants do bring only a few benefits to the country they are coming into. //meme coming// who are we? immigrants! what do we want? free healthcare, money, homes, good treatment by the society! do we contribute to the society we are immigrating into daily by working, learning the language, actually integrating, causing no more harm than a regular citizen of that country? uh no? welp, if you want to argue against these claims then I sincerely see you as an uneducated person - open some truthful news sources,
subreddits or this-problem-discussing megathreads. If you unmindlessly want to argue against facts and reality then I got some news for u - living in a cave ain't doing anybody good. step out. watch the reality around you. stop ignoring common sense
Original post by orderofthelotus
Speaking of abilities, you lack the one that can sniff out a joke

:eek3: :mmm: they come home speaking patois aswell smh
There’s a difference between being against immigration, and being against uncontrolled/unlimited immigration.
tfw you were hoping to make a controversial thread that would blow up but its just filled with sillies and jokers
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by hsalika

I mean being unable to speak English is an inability to speak English
Original post by faloodeh
:eek3: :mmm: they come home speaking patois aswell smh

I've noticed they've picked up habits of making primitive sounds from these animals too. :/ It's concerning how many children's vocabularies have started to incorporate "rahhh" and frankly, it must be stopped. It has no place in this country.
Original post by orderofthelotus
I've noticed they've picked up habits of making primitive sounds from these animals too. :/ It's concerning how many children's vocabularies have started to incorporate "rahhh" and frankly, it must be stopped. It has no place in this country.

definitely a bad influence. their kids cant speak english and its affecting us NATIVES and our kids :/

Spoiler

This is a list of reasons why I hate immigration overall, many immigrants do not tick any/all of these boxes but this is some reasons why I dislike Immigration

-Lack of integration, bring your culture but also respect ours

-Forming intolerant communities that they shape to be like their home country, it just continues to blob out and often ruins an area (bradford)

-Economical Issues

-Those that steal benefits (I dont like Natives that do it but coming to another country and stealing is worse)

-Refusal to speak or to learn to speak the native language

-bringing parts of culture that are unwelcome over here or forcing others to accept barbaric cultures
Original post by hsalika

If you come to live in the United Kingdom, then you should be able to speak English.
Original post by Andrew97
There’s a difference between being against immigration, and being against uncontrolled/unlimited immigration.

Original post by Liisaanna1
it'd be difficult to understand the viewpoint if u dont approach this open mindedly, but yes, being against immigration is kind of natural in a sense. It would only take a rational approach to see that immigrants do bring only a few benefits to the country they are coming into. //meme coming// who are we? immigrants! what do we want? free healthcare, money, homes, good treatment by the society! do we contribute to the society we are immigrating into daily by working, learning the language, actually integrating, causing no more harm than a regular citizen of that country? uh no? welp, if you want to argue against these claims then I sincerely see you as an uneducated person - open some truthful news sources,
subreddits or this-problem-discussing megathreads. If you unmindlessly want to argue against facts and reality then I got some news for u - living in a cave ain't doing anybody good. step out. watch the reality around you. stop ignoring common sense

What kind of immigration criteria would you like to see?

Wealthy people?
Skilled workers?
People from certain countries?
People with certain education standards?
A certain amount of people per year?
People escaping persecution?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending