The Student Room Group

Why do you dislike immigration?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Honestly, immigration is great. I think it's nice to explore other cultures and to give people a home that they could never have in their own country. Those who argue that immigrants are 'stealing our jobs' don't seem to realise that the jobs immigrants tend to take are the ones we don't want to do.
However, I do think there is a lack of assimilation to a degree and I also think that British traditions and values should be upheld and not weakened because of a rising immigrant population, such as people saying in the past that they have a problem with Christmas decorations. Which is just ridiculous, imo.
Original post by Castro Saint
So you're against immigration because a small minority of immigrants are involved in sex rings?

That seems a little extreme seeing that all involved in sex rings are not all immigrants. :holmes:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/quilliam-grooming-gangs-report-asian-abuse-rotherham-rochdale-newcastle-a8101941.html

No- just 84% - Great statistic then eh?
Original post by FinnToScotland
You sound like it would be a bad thing that white people become a minority. And actually I hope that in 30-50 years race wouldn't matter any more and there weren't people who would base their identity on the colour of their skin.

You are not in line with the British public in this regard 77% want immigration lowering with 50% wanting it lowered in significant numbers
Original post by cherryred90s
How is your culture not respected? What parts of other cultures are unwelcome?

It’s hardly ‘forming intolerant communities’ if that’s all they can afford.

Let me guess- you haven't ever lived in a majority-minority community. I have, it isn't nice
Original post by FinnToScotland
All you're saying is quite rubbish. This actually makes you sound racist what you just stated.

I live in a town where we are the minority. He is 100% accurate
I'm fine with high immigration rates but would cull all automatic spousal immigration, asylum and a good chunk of non-EU immigration.

In short I'm fine with immigration but oppose diversity.

If you come here and want to go to a mosque, go back home. British cultural norms should reign supreme.

I hate the cultural assault that diversity represents, people not speaking English, having children with fellow foreigners, not integrating.

I've lived in Bradford so this is not an uninformed opinion.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mrwb9876
Let me guess- you haven't ever lived in a majority-minority community. I have, it isn't nice

I live in a part of the country where we are not quite a minority but there is more and more minorities on my estate we have gone from being pretty much all white to around 50% white 50% minority crime in the local area as subsequently increased
Original post by Rakas21
I'm fine with high immigration rates but would cull all automatic spousal immigration, asylum and a good chunk of non-EU immigration.

If you come here and want to go to a mosque, go back home.

What level of deviance from your accepted cultural norms is acceptable to you?

If you prefer a croissant to a scone should you be told to go back to France?
Original post by Rakas21

If you come here and want to go to a mosque, go back home. British cultural norms should reign supreme.

I hate the cultural assault that diversity represents, people not speaking English, having children with fellow foreigners, not integrating.

I've lived in Bradford so this is not an uninformed opinion.

Surely 250,000-350,000 immigration is unsustainable
Original post by Rakas21

If you come here and want to go to a mosque, go back home.

Why are you singling our Muslims? What about if you want to go to a Hindu temple or a synagogue?

Or is it just Muslims you have a problem with?

Taking my first post word for word this statistic does contradict it, correct, but it does not take away the fact that this is a small minority that are doing it.

Also, you may notice the article says that Asian abusers are more likely to work in gangs while white abusers tend to work alone. This comes back to my original point being that sex abuse is not an asian (or immigrant, if you will) problem.

Therefore to single this out as a reason why one takes a disliking to immigration is nonsensical.
Original post by The RAR
I love it when people pull out the racist card for just being anti-immigration, I am anti-immigration but is not because I don't want blacks or Asians in, it has nothing to do with race.

It's incredible how you completely missed the point - of course, you're not here for an intellectual argument. That's beyond your ability.
Original post by tylerthegoat
It's incredible how you completely missed the point - of course, you're not here for an intellectual argument. That's beyond your ability.

What point? That being anti-immigration is racist? How stupid, don't try to act clever because clearly you are not
Very few people believe all immigration is bad. I for one am perfectly happy with skilled, educated migrants from civilised cultures making their homes alongside mine. These people are assets to growing nations and economies. However, hordes of migrants from the third world who can barely speak a lick of English, make insular communities, lack respect for the culture around them, exploit state benefits, and worsen the level of crime and poverty in the cities that take them are not assets to a country.
Original post by AperfectBalance

-Forming intolerant communities that they shape to be like their home country, it just continues to blob out and often ruins an area (bradford)

:rofl:
Original post by The RAR
What point? That being anti-immigration is racist? How stupid, don't try to act clever because clearly you are not

Read my post GCSE flop.
Original post by ToothpasteTiger
I bet u dont even have a job i bet u just sit around all day calling poeple fishes

No i dont have a job! Why? Because I’m getting an EDUCATION... sorry to say but that’s something you might consider getting in the area of immigration with all due to respect.
I’m not an immigrant but I don’t see anything wrong with them... they work hard and get what they deserve.
Reply 77
Original post by Andrew97
If you come to live in the United Kingdom, then you should be able to speak English.

Do British people who want to live in Spain have to speak Spanish before they go there?

Original post by Andrew97
Wealthy people: if they contribute the the overall economy in a positive way yes.

What if on average immigrants already do positively contribute to the overall economy?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury
Do British people who want to live in Spain have to speak Spanish before they go there?

Yes, if you move to a country with a different language you should attempt to learn said language.
Original post by ToothpasteTiger
There taking my jobs and my money Idk y anyone likes them

They do the jobs you'd probably never wanna do tbh. Well most

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending