The Student Room Group

Why do you dislike immigration?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Andrew97
Yes, if you move to a country with a different language you should attempt to learn said language.

But they often don't, do they. Not even when they live there for some years. I guess that's the difference between lovely British expats, and another country's immigrants.

And see my edit above (I asked a supplementary).
Original post by Doonesbury
But they often don't, do they. Not even when they live there for some years. I guess that's the difference between lovely British expats, and another country's immigrants.

And see my edit above (I asked a supplementary).

On your first point, I think they are wrong to do that. I expect people coming over here to learn our lanagauge, it would be double standards to not expect our expats to learn the lanaguage of the country to which they move. We need to be consistent on this.

To your second point, I have no problem with immigration as a concept. I accept that with an elderly population we will need some migrant labour. If they contribute to ecomony and there make it better for everyone, they you are welcome here as far as I’m concerned. But like I mentioned earlier it needs to be controlled in a sensible way (a way I have not been able to work out).
Original post by tylerthegoat
Read my post GCSE flop.

Ah using the typical GCSE flop insult, as if that's going to change anything and GCSEs hardly prove anything, yes yes immigrants bring money and everything HOWEVER I was pointing out the fact that you called the user "racist" just for being anti-immigration and that is stupid. I don't know what more there is to read apart from the nonsense replies I get from you saying "read over" or "you missed the point". Say something useful otherwise you are making yourself look like a fool
Reply 83
On your first point, I think they are wrong to do that. I expect people coming over here to learn our lanagauge, it would be double standards to not expect our expats to learn the lanaguage of the country to which they move. We need to be consistent on this.

To your second point, I have no problem with immigration as a concept. I accept that with an elderly population we will need some migrant labour. If they contribute to ecomony and there make it better for everyone, they you are welcome here as far as I’m concerned. But like I mentioned earlier it needs to be controlled in a sensible way (a way I have not been able to work out).

But the fact is the current immigrant population *is* a net contributor to the British economy.
Reply 84

Oh, and look you even said "our expats" and "migrant labour".

That's exactly the kind of language I was flagging up.

A migrant worker *is* an expat.
Original post by The RAR
Ah using the typical GCSE flop insult, as if that's going to change anything and GCSEs hardly prove anything, yes yes immigrants bring money and everything HOWEVER I was pointing out the fact that you called the user "racist" just for being anti-immigration and that is stupid. I don't know what more there is to read apart from the nonsense replies I get from you saying "read over" or "you missed the point". Say something useful otherwise you are making yourself look like a fool

You forget that that's not even my main point GCSE flop. I've made a very useful point idiot.
You forget that that's not even my main point GCSE flop. I've made a very useful point idiot.

Yes you did make a useful point, a point which shows how stupid and pathetic your attitude and views are, all you are replying with is insults and the same repeated nonsense so it's safe to assume that the fact you called the user racist is stupid and that you are scared to confront that fact.
(edited 6 years ago)
Honestly i dont get how they ‘steal’ your jobs. If you were qualified for the job or if you were active enough to actually try to get it, you’d get the job. Just because they actually do something to get that job doesnt mean they’re stealing it from you. If you were in a race and and there was another contestant that was faster than you and they came first and got the trophy, would you say they stole it from you?? I doubt you would because they earned it.
Original post by Stewpid
Isn't a job of a British government to defend the realm and prioritise British people over immigrants by limiting immigration-we have sufficient people to do lower skilled jobs without importing more competition for them. What we need to do after brexit is bring in an Australian points based system and a higher immigration limit hopefully around 40,000 and only grant visas to people we need and not allow in every Tom, **** and Harry.

True, we do have sufficient number of people for such positions but I doubt more than 20% of immigrants can acquire a decent job with average wages (my guess). Moreover, I am in agreement with you for only allowing skilled migrants in(the Romanians in my area makes it look like they're still in their country or that they just don't care to integrate even a little bit).
Original post by The RAR
Yes you did make a useful point, a point which shows how stupid and pathetic your attitude and views are, all you are replying with is insults and the same repeated nonsense so it's safe to assume that the fact you called the user racist is stupid and that you are scared to confront that fact.

That's irrelevant, stop derailing the discussion gcse failure.
That's irrelevant, stop derailing the discussion gcse failure.

Ok first of all I didn't fail my GCSEs so stop using that as an insult, the fact that you don't say which "point" of yours is useful means you have no points therefore you lose the argument, from the replies it's pretty obvious you don't want to have a proper argument because you can't do one. So all you do is insult me with a pathetic GCSE insult style which just makes you look childish and a fool to try and cover this up, nice try. You fail to confront any of my points and all you do is just say your opinion on them which I am sorry but your foolish sounding opinions are the ones which are really irrelevant. Stop talking like an idiot and I might listen to you, for now I am done replying to you as talking to you is like talking to a brick. Anymore of those pathetic insults and I report those posts.
(edited 6 years ago)
Bloody immigrants, coming over here, paying their taxes and saving the NHS from collapse.

I'm sure that if you asked a Native American or Aboriginal Australian what was the worst thing about immigration they could give an interesting answer.
I don’t dislike immigration. In general I think the freedom to move, work, do business and share cultures freely between countries is a great thing.

I just dislike the fact that some people abuse the system, and because of them it isn’t possible to have such free movement and borderlessness.
I don't dislike immigration - I am currently a migrant, and will be for the foreseeable future.

But, what I do strongly disilike is:

Rapid mass immigration
and
mass low-skilled immigration

--
My main reasons are:
I accept that these bennifit the overal economy, but I strongly contest that this bennefit is shared equally be the native population. For me mass uncontrolled low-skilled immigration heavily bennifits the rich and the middle/upper-middle classes, but harms the poorer and the working class considerably. It always amazes me when you get middle class kids who protest against the tories for harming the working class, whilst supporting open boarders.

Immigration is a rich mans game, his business get great cheap labour, and his appartments have nice immigrant families renting them.. But the working class see strain on the services they cant pay to avoid, and see their wages undercut, competition for their jobs increased, and their communities segregated.

2. I believe that monocultural societies produce the best living standards and wellbeing for their citizens. That does not exclude immigration, because its perfectly possible for migrants to integrate culturually to a point where they are a huge bennifit to the culture as a whole. But it does exclude rapid mass immigration. The evidence is clear to see, the smaller the number of migrants the faster the intergration. Why? because they have no other choice. I am the only english person in a my town here in China - I have to integrate and fit in, there is no alternative. But Were I to live in one of the expat hubs of shanghai, I could live an entirely english life within another society. The same thing happened here.. back in the 50s-60s when immigration was much less, people integrated far better and far quicker, and those families are now a huge asset and a proud part of our society. What is not working now is importing thousands of migrants into migrant-dominated areas, who have can perfectly maintain their own culture, because of the sheer mass in a single area. It creates isolated segregated zones inside major cities, it creates racial tensions as people mistake their anger in cultural differences with racial differences, and it weakens society as a whole.

Once again this disproportionately effects the working class. The middle and upper classes in their rural subburbs/towns/villiages, barely see it.. and when they do see immigrants, they are the highly successful ones who have managed to establish themselves, or came with enough money to jump straight there. They don't see the poorer areas, and how it effects working class communities.
I did see a tsr thread from three or four years ago of research finding out that immigration doesn't significantly improve or worsen economies. So it all goes back to its social effects. As the above post says, immigration benefits the upper classes because they can hire them on less money and usually they're immune to the social effects (which the working class cannot avoid). Don't forget that the BBC under Blair shafted all discussion on immigration at the time he let them all in.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mrwb9876
Let me guess- you haven't ever lived in a majority-minority community. I have, it isn't nice

Like where?
Original post by ToothpasteTiger
There taking my jobs and my money Idk y anyone likes them

Well if you had the right qualifications and the skills and if you were better than them at what you’re doing you wouldn’t have to worry about them taking your jobs. Besides, they’re humans too, they need a job to feed their families and live decently just like all of you, what do you want them to do? Beg on the streets? Oh but you’re not happy with that either.
Original post by Rits21
Well if you had the right qualifications and the skills and if you were better than them at what you’re doing you wouldn’t have to worry about them taking your jobs. Besides, they’re humans too, they need a job to feed their families and live decently just like all of you, what do you want them to do? Beg on the streets? Oh but you’re not happy with that either.

No I’m happy with that. Sorry for the misunderstanding! Xxx
Original post by Yumnaiqbal
No i dont have a job! Why? Because I’m getting an EDUCATION... sorry to say but that’s something you might consider getting in the area of immigration with all due to respect.
I’m not an immigrant but I don’t see anything wrong with them... they work hard and get what they deserve.

Why are you sorry? You didn’t even make a point that might’ve offended me or challenged my opinion
Original post by LunaCat
They do the jobs you'd probably never wanna do tbh. Well most

But for all my life I wanted to be a kebob man, and I studied 37 years for it but then, the kebob shop burnt down ALL THNX TO IMIEGRENTES

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending