The Student Room Group

Your Opinion on Cultural Appropriation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erratic_deus
No I don't.
My boyfriend is white.

So? This type of arguing is the same as 'my friend's black so I'm not racist'... (not saying you are racist in this post necessarily, just pointing out the similarities in the arguments, and that having a positive relation with someone who has certain characteristic such as race, gender..etc doesn't mean you can't exert prejudice towards that characteristic.)
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
What small-minded, generalisationist thinking. White people, centuries ago, did some very bad things - what does that have to do with the current generation of white people, when we weren't involved in it, can't do anything about it and we haven't displayed the same behaviour?

The holocaust was not a century ago.
Segregation of blacks and whites was also not a century ago (it was 20 years ago)
I've never discriminated in any way at all. I'm really sorry if I have but I also must say. As a black girl, I could never be racist. I could discriminate (but I don't).
I have to be in a position of superiority (e.g be white) in order to be racist.
And I'm a black girl!

Omg please tell me you're joking. Just get off this thread please - you're delusional.
Original post by StayInYourLane
Who are you trying to fool. You don't even have any friends let alone a boyfriend.

Ok, just stop. :colonhash:
Then why should I forget the Hadrhamut Jews (my ancestors) who were killed by the whites in Abyssinia?
We shouldn't never forget what happened when a race thinks that they are superior to another.
I'm never going to forget the Holocaust too (my ancestors).

So do you hate all Germans then? Hold Austrians accountable because one of them was Hitler? Hold Germans accountable for having Nazi ancestors?
A bad black person who has massacred 250 native americans?
A bad black person who created the KKK?
A bad black person who killed over 11 million people?
A bad black person who believes their race is superior?
A bad black person who killed 50 people at a concert?
A bad black person who killed an all white congregation at church?

Are you actually thick? (And don’t bang on about Cambridge). Idi Amin wasn’t a nice person was he?

You clearly have a chip on your shoulder and don’t listen to logic and reason. You use history which nobody here had anything to do with to beat people up. You are just ridiculous.
A bad black person who has massacred 250 native americans?
A bad black person who created the KKK?
A bad black person who killed over 11 million people?
A bad black person who believes their race is superior?
A bad black person who killed 50 people at a concert?
A bad black person who killed an all white congregation at church?

What a useless post. Whatever you were trying to get across with this post, it didn't work.
Original post by wonderuss
Omg please tell me you're joking. Just get off this thread please - you're delusional.

Stop trying to silence me and ridicule my opinions.
The holocaust was not a century ago.
Segregation of blacks and whites was also not a century ago (it was 20 years ago)

The holocaust was carried out by a German political party. Guess who put an end to Hitler's reign and stopped these atrocities from happening? Yep, the US, British and Russian armies, made up predominantly of white people.

20 years ago? So the segregation of blacks and whites happened in 1998??? I thought you said you were brilliant at maths :rofl:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Andrew97
Are you actually thick? (And don’t bang on about Cambridge). Idi Amin wasn’t a nice person was he?

You clearly have a chip on your shoulder and don’t listen to logic and reason. You use history which nobody here had anything to do with to beat people up. You are just ridiculous.

Idi Amin was terrible! He ruined East Africa and sent away 50,000 non-Ugandans!

I'm not eating CHIPS
Stop trying to silence me and ridicule my opinions.

I'm not trying to do that, it's happening by itself.
No I don't.
My boyfriend is white.

So what's wrong with burying the bad stuff that specific people who are white did before we were born?
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
The holocaust was carried out by a German political party. Guess who put an end to Hitler's reign and stopped these atrocities from happening? Yep, the US, British and Russian armies, made up predominantly of white people.

The segregation of blacks and whites happened in 1998??? Please stop...

Didn’t the Nazis also kill far more white peoples than any other race?
Didn’t the Nazis also kill far more white peoples than any other race?

Jewish people weren't considered white or human in this case.
Heard of untermenschen
Heard of untermenschen

That doesn't devalue the point. If we don't consider blacks humans does that make it okay?
Hey! I understand quite a lot of you are white and you may not agree with my posts.
But calling me thick, stupid and dumb isn't exactly enlightening my resolve as to why I think X exists.
Can any of you please show me a case of where white privilege has never occured?
Can any of you please tell me what you think microaggressions are?

In this thread, there was a micro-aggression towards me. They said "****" when referring to my profile picture and my hair. Which is what I addressed on page 1 of this thread.
White people think my hair is nappy.
Yet a white girl who curls their hair, to the same type as mine will be viewed "beautiful" and so forth.

Thank you.
Heard of untermenschen

By Nazi logic, not necessarily the rest of the workd's logic.
Why would I be racist. I'm a black girl.

Do you even know what racism is? You can be racist. As a black person, black people can be so racist, and say so much about white and asians, stereotyping them due to ignorance. You're a racist and you can't use your race as an excuse. That is blatant stupidity.
Hey! I understand quite a lot of you are white and you may not agree with my posts.
But calling me thick, stupid and dumb isn't exactly enlightening my resolve as to why I think X exists.
Can any of you please show me a case of where white privilege has never occured?
Can any of you please tell me what you think microaggressions are?

In this thread, there was a micro-aggression towards me. They said "****" when referring to my profile picture and my hair. Which is what I addressed on page 1 of this thread.
White people think my hair is nappy.
Yet a white girl who curls their hair, to the same type as mine will be viewed "beautiful" and so forth.

Thank you.

https://www.windsor-fellowship.org/national-audit-office-summer-internship-

See the eligibility criteria.
Doesn’t look like white privilege to me, in fact quite the opposite.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending