The Student Room Group

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveleest
LOL so you call the feminist movement stupid but yet want equality? YOU only use feminism when you want.
No you guys don't. If you did you'd stop referring women as hoes

And idgaf about UK men. The average guy here is afraid of women which is a massive turn off for me
No, I'm saying if you want equality, then have it. If you want gender roles, have that. Don't have some half-way house which massively disadvantages men, which is the situation we have currently.

And you're afraid of men. Pretty ironic if you ask me.
Original post by snowman77
No, I'm saying if you want equality, then have it. If you want gender roles, have that. Don't have some half-way house which massively disadvantages men, which is the situation we have currently.

And you're afraid of men. Pretty ironic if you ask me.

No I am not afraid of men. I want a confident man there is a difference.
blurred the lines.

Speaking of blurred lines, do you remember when it came out and feminists made all that fuss about it?

I never really saw the problem tbh, it was just a damn song....

So.... whats with the (Despite many of them taking time off for maternity leave) Like women shouldn't be offered promotions because they a bit of time off to; not endanger her health/babies health which working under stress or extreme physical exertion would almost definitely do, or to have excruciating uterine contractions to actually push out another human being, and then form a secure attachment directly after the baby is born to ensure the child doesn't become an asocial screw up because they've had an anxious-avoidant attachment ??? Solidddd.

Your list below is vvvvv stereotypical, have you ever, like, googled 'feminism in relationships' because not to burst your bubble but every site is like;
FEMINISM RUINING CHIVALRY
FEMINISM RUINING HISTORICAL HETEROSEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS WHERE MEN DO THE COURTING.

and if you've ever really been on a date where the girl hasn't offered to split the bill then go find a new girl??

A quick thing on your whole point on the gender pay gap: The only real gender pay gap in our white western society is in like Hollywood and places where companies make individual offers to each actor and we're exposing them anyway?? Please chill??? we did notice the law considering we're the ones who had to fight for it to be there. Thnx a bunch.

CAn everyone for the love of god stop with the whole 'feminists want superiority' like chill out
there are places where women are literally being married underage and raped,
we just want equality.
Sorry if that offends anyone I guess?

Idk it just annoys me when people join the bandwagon with the whole feminist are evil and there isn't even a pay gap thing
Pick something more relevant
The pay gap isn't because that was sorted.
We've moved on
So should u.
Original post by Sehar.k101
FIRST OF ALL AS A STRONG AND EAGER FEMINIST YOU ARE JUST MAKING ASSUMPTIONS..YEAH MAYBE SOME FEMALES LIKE IT WHEN MEN PAY FOR THE MEAL BECAUSE THATS WHAT BEING A GENTLEMAN IS ALL ABOUT ..THEY DONT HAVE TO! BUT MOST DO BECAUSE ITS JUST SIMPLY A KIND GESTURE IN WHICH IS PLACED IN A MALES MIND...AND YES SOME OPEN THE DOORS FOR WOMEN AGAIN ITS JUST A NICE GESTURE.SO YOUR SAYING THAT MEN GIVE GIFTS TO WOMEN AND THEY DONT GIVE NOTHING BACK WEELLLLL I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT WE DO GIVE GIFTS BACK MOST OF YOUR POINTS HERE SUCK ITS ABOUT BEING FRIENDLY AND NICE WOMEN CAN BE GENTLEOWMN TOO IT MAY NOT BE AS COMMON AS A GENTLEMAN BUT IT STILL HAPPENS IT IS JUST AN ACT OF KINDNESS THT IS MORE FREQUENT IN MEN BECAUSE THEY MAY HAVE A DIFFERENT MINDSET ..WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING.!?ALSO DATING IS EQUAL JUST BECAUSE SOMETIMES WE DONT PAY FOR THE MEAL MAYBE NEXT TIME WE PAY FOR THE MEAL OR GIVE THEM A GIFT IN RETURN..WE ARE ALL BORN EQUAL AND SHOULD REMAIN IT ALL THOUGH EQUALITY IS NOT THE CASE IN MANY AREAS OF GHE WORLD AND ALL OF US FEMINISTS ARE TRYING TO CHANGE THIS BECAUSE WHY THE HELL CAN A WOMAN NOT BE A PRIMEMINISTER OR GET PAYED THE SAME AMOUNT AS A MAN IS IT BECAUSE WE HAVE ****ING BOOBS AND LONG HAIR OR FEMALE GRNETICS BECAUSE THATS NOT FAIR...also message me xx well talk. Further

This gave me a headache, stop shouting.
Original post by cat_mac
This gave me a headache, stop shouting.

I got about 4 lines in and just couldn't continue....
... How hard is it to understand that the workplace is a neccessity while dating is a personal choice?
Original post by ANM775
I got about 4 lines in and just couldn't continue....

Someone (not me) should read it and summarise what they are going on about.
They just want respect and heard it general
Original post by loveleest
No I am not afraid of men. I want a confident man there is a difference.
You think men who can't ask a woman on a date are "afraid of women", but you can't do the same thing. :lol: Hypocrisy at its finest. Gotta love the feminist movement, so many double standards. It should just be named the women's superiority movement, because that's what it basically is. :lol:
Original post by MDesfontaine
... How hard is it to understand that the workplace is a neccessity while dating is a personal choice?
Dating is a necessity, unless you want to die alone and forgo one of the biggest aspects of life - relationships with the opposite sex. Which very few people do.
Dating is a necessity, unless you want to die alone and forgo one of the biggest aspects of life - relationships with the opposite sex. Which very few people do.

You dont have a right to a partner, relationships are a two way contract and the terms are private to the individuals inolved. The work place provides you with everything you should have a right to. However individuals want to conduct their own private dating life and the expectation they want from it is to each their own as long as both parties consent to it.
You dont have a right to a partner, relationships are a two way contract and the terms are private to the individuals inolved. The work place provides you with everything you should have a right to. However individuals want to conduct their own private dating life and the expectation they want from it is to each their own as long as both parties consent to it.
You don't have a right to a job either. What's your point?
You don't have a right to a job either. What's your point?

Actually if you dont have a job its benefits, a job provides you with the means to provide for yourself. It should be something that universally open to everyone in opportunity.

dating is a personal preference and how you handle it is up to the individual is my point.
Actually if you dont have a job its benefits, a job provides you with the means to provide for yourself. It should be something that universally open to everyone in opportunity.

dating is a personal preference and how you handle it is up to the individual is my point.

Working is also a personal preference. Nobody is forced to work, we just choose to work to have a better lifestyle.
Original post by EpicBrum
Working is also a personal preference. Nobody is forced to work, we just choose to work to have a better lifestyle.

Dating is decided by INDIVIDUALS

the rules for the workplace is made by a COLLECTIVE
It’s crazy to me as a women that some people expect others to pay for their dinner, especially on a first date. Just pay for your own food 🤨

Yes, nobody is disputing that.

But either way, being employed is a personal choice, just like choosing to date is.

Dating is open to everyone. Sorry, you're not making much sense here.

Isn't it interesting then, that almost all these individual women collectively arrive at the same conclusion - the man must ask the woman out, the man must pay for the first date etc. (all the things listed in the first post).
You think men who can't ask a woman on a date are "afraid of women", but you can't do the same thing. :lol: Hypocrisy at its finest. Gotta love the feminist movement, so many double standards. It should just be named the women's superiority movement, because that's what it basically is. :lol:

For the last time to clear it up: I AM NOT AFRAID OF REJECTION. I JUST WANT THE GUY TO ASK ME OUT FIRST.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending