The Student Room Group

Theresa May is sexist for using mansplaining

May said corbyn was mansplaining when he stated a fact. Women who use mansplaining are sexist it’s a sexist term I don’t understand why feminists and women continue to use it

Scroll to see replies

What a let down by her. Something that a Corbyn supporter would say.
You'd think she was a Corbyn supporter
She was jesting.
Reply 4
If a man belittled a woman’s argument like that in parliament the left would have had an uproar
Why she used the phrase to describe Jeremy Crobyn is beyond me?

She just seems to want the attention.
Original post by Itsthe
May said corbyn was mansplaining when he stated a fact. Women who use mansplaining are sexist it’s a sexist term I don’t understand why feminists and women continue to use it

I suppose it's using a lefties tactic against a lefty. In the end Corbyn can have as much support as he wants but in the end he's just a cis white male who is therefore sexist, racist and homophic and transphobic judging by the thinking of certain leftists
But it's quite funny though how certain lefties use that to shut people down so they can believe they have a reason to just disregard what they say, and a right winger like Theresa using it. I'm interested in seeing the response to that because had somebody from Corbyn's side said it they'd be all 'yaaaaaaaas slay girl slaaaaaay yaaas' but with Theresa saying it I doubt there'll be a positive response, which is counter productive for them using that tactic because they're crapping on their own methods.
Yet another reason for #MayOutMoggIn
Reply 9
Original post by JoshDawg
But it's quite funny though how certain lefties use that to shut people down so they can believe they have a reason to just disregard what they say, and a right winger like Theresa using it. I'm interested in seeing the response to that because had somebody from Corbyn's side said it they'd be all 'yaaaaaaaas slay girl slaaaaaay yaaas' but with Theresa saying it I doubt there'll be a positive response, which is counter productive for them using that tactic because they're crapping on their own methods.

Preach brother
Its not sexist. It is just rude and condescending. Doesn't matter whether it is man to woman or visa versa. It has nothing to do with feminism per se.
Reply 11
Original post by ByEeek
Its not sexist. It is just rude and condescending. Doesn't matter whether it is man to woman or visa versa. It has nothing to do with feminism per se.

Yes it does have everything to do with feminism, it was created by feminists to belittle a mans argument when they themselves had anything to argue back
Original post by Itsthe
I don’t understand why feminists continue to use it

because they are sexist.

Nice thread by the way. I didn't know that this happened. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Original post by JoshDawg
I suppose it's using a lefties tactic against a lefty. In the end Corbyn can have as much support as he wants but in the end he's just a cis white male who is therefore sexist, racist and homophic and transphobic judging by the thinking of certain leftists

It tends to come from the centre-left or liberals, not from Corbyn.
Original post by Itsthe
Yes it does have everything to do with feminism, it was created by feminists to belittle a mans argument when they themselves had anything to argue back

If you say so. But why bother writing all that when you could just blow a raspberry at me?
Good, Jeremy 'Bumlicker' Corbyn needs to have a taste of his own medicine.
Reply 16
Original post by ByEeek
If you say so. But why bother writing all that when you could just blow a raspberry at me?

Feminist pig, have no substance to your argument or a counter argument so you resort to this
Reply 17
It was a clever jibe since it is open to question to lecture a woman about the importance woman's rights and it would hurt Corbyn personally as he does care about treating opponents with respect. So a rare Ill judged angle, he should have asked Emily Thornbury to make the point if it needed to be made. But not to be blown out of proportion as May herself can be patronising and insulting.
Reply 18
Original post by Zarek
It was a clever jibe since it is open to question to lecture a woman about the importance woman's rights and it would hurt Corbyn personally as he does care about treating opponents with respect. So a rare Ill judged angle, he should have asked Emily Thornbury to make the point if it needed to be made. But not to be blown out of proportion as May herself can be patronising and insulting.

there is no justifying this sexist behaviour
Original post by Itsthe
there is no justifying this sexist behaviour

Nope. No justification for this sexism whatsoever. These people are indeed hypocrites.

So what is the solution for this growing problem of misandry and feminazism in politics? How do we combat it?
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending