The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Can a gay person, make a conscious decision not like dudes and be straight?

Is it possible?
Or is

EEE to A*A*A*

more or less likely?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Realitysreflexx
Is it possible?
Or is

EEE to A*A*A*

more or less likely?

No it's not possible, thanks for kicking off another homophobic debate. TSR is so sheltered from the real world it's now becoming incredibly hard to find reasons to stay on here.
(edited 6 years ago)
Impossible, it's something to do with the way the brain is wired... It can't be altered.

Maybe there could be certain drugs that could make someone gay or straight by taking them, if it affected just the right part of the brain. But that's some year 3000 futuristic tier ****. Scientists don't even have a medicine that works for anxious or depressed people yet. Just COMPLETELY ineffective SSRIs and slightly-effective-but-dangerous MAOIs.
Original post by RockyDennis
Impossible, it's something to do with the way the brain is wired... It can't be altered.

Maybe there could be certain drugs that could make someone gay or straight by taking them, if it affected just the right part of the brain. But that's some year 3000 futuristic tier ****. Scientists don't even have a medicine that works for anxious or depressed people yet. Just COMPLETELY ineffective SSRIs and slightly-effective-but-dangerous MAOIs.

Im not sure why it couldn't be, im guessing that maybe hormone replacement would help?

Upping testorone...

But i mean sexual attraction is sort of like a intense mental stimulation besides being a physical act,

For example, some girls i look at and want to eat like a meal

and a similar built one with different nuances does nothing for me like ever....

its almost like sometimes when your attracted to a girls aura lol.
Original post by Glassapple
No it's not possible, thanks for kicking off another homophobic debate. TSR is so sheltered from the real world it's now becoming incredibly hard to find reasons to stay on here.

Could remain civil and constructive lol, you never know until you find out!
Could remain civil and constructive lol, you never know until you find out!

Why don't you read one of the many hundreds of threads on TSR that have asked the same question, all with most people saying that no is the answer? You're just kicking things off again.
...For example, some girls i look at and want to eat like a meal...

Kinda creepy.
Im not sure why it couldn't be, im guessing that maybe hormone replacement would help?

Upping testorone...

But i mean sexual attraction is sort of like a intense mental stimulation besides being a physical act,

For example, some girls i look at and want to eat like a meal

and a similar built one with different nuances does nothing for me like ever....

its almost like sometimes when your attracted to a girls aura lol.

Testosterone levels are irrelevant for sexual preference.

Many guys with low-T are straight, many with high-T are gay. I inject superhuman amounts of testosterone and the effects on sex drive are woefully overstated.

Gay men think man + man = baby. So if their sex drive was raised like prison-gays they'd just want to **** more men.
Original post by Axiomasher
Kinda creepy.

Creepier if i felt that way about dudes no?
Creepier if i felt that way about dudes no?

No, the same.
Why don't you read one of the many hundreds of threads on TSR that have asked the same question, all with most people saying that no is the answer? You're just kicking things off again.

We might not get the same result, without research and thought we as humans cant progress.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Sex/story?id=117465&page=1

Surely there is some promise here?

I think its a choice, maybe because they cant get the women they want, or feel insecure about the responsibilities of being a man and want a way out.
And this crap deserves a thread because?
Yeah but most dudes on Test get alot of manly characteristics like muscle growth, and women can grow intense facial hair and get those 3d man muscles....

alot of them end up being dikes.

I wonder if there is a correlation.

I'm gay and there's absolutely nothing wrong with my testosterone levels (as found out by blood tests for other things in general life), as is the same for the overwhelming vast majority of gay people. There have been many scientific studies saying it's not possible and you should be willing to look at them.

We might not get the same result, without research and thought we as humans cant progress.

Progress is not repeating the same thing over and over constantly. 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.' https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/03/23/same/ This debate has happened so many times on TSR, the general consensus answer is no it cannot be changed and there's no point raking it up again to obviously get the same result. You just want to weakly try to justify your own prejudice by making your own thread.
(edited 6 years ago)
You're supposedly doing a biochemistry degree so why are you asking ridiculous questions like this? I'm gay and there's absolutely nothing wrong with my testosterone levels (as found out by blood tests for other things in general life), as is the same for the overwhelming vast majority of gay people. There have been many scientific studies saying it's not possible and as a science student you should be willing to look at them.

Progress is not repeating the same thing over and over constantly. 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.' https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/03/23/same/ This debate has happened so many times on TSR, the general consensus answer is no it cannot be changed and there's no point raking it up again to obviously get the same result. You just want to weakly try to justify your own prejudice by making your own thread.

I study Management lol i know literally nothing about science.
No, sexuality isn't a choice.
Original post by wastedcuriosity
No, sexuality isn't a choice.

So what about like people who go from being bisexual to just straight,

I dont know any gay men personally but im sure its happened..

and i know of several lesbians who now have husbands and kids.
I study Management lol i know literally nothing about science.

I'm very sure you said somewhere before you're studying a science degree. Even if you're not you said you 'know literally nothing about science' so educate yourself and stop making ridiculous threads to try to justify your own prejudices. Maybe if you researched the topic properly you'd find the answer you're looking for.

You completely ignored my point that I'm gay and my testosterone level is fine, as is the same with the overwhelming majority of other gay people.
I'm very sure you said somewhere before you're studying a science degree. Even if you're not you said you 'know literally nothing about science' so educate yourself and stop making ridiculous threads to try to justify your own prejudices. Maybe if you researched the topic properly you'd find the answer you're looking for.

Lets not get snippy here, so far the only negative person on this thread has been you......

I never stated anywhere i study science, your as confused about me as i supposedly am with making this legitimate thread lol.
Lets not get snippy here, so far the only negative person on this thread has been you......

I never stated anywhere i study science, your as confused about me as i supposedly am with making this legitimate thread lol.

You completely ignored my point that I'm gay and my testosterone level is fine, as is the same with the overwhelming majority of other gay people. If you don't know anything about science you should research the topic so you don't have to come on here making ridiculous assumptions and theories that are completely wrong, which have been done hundreds of times by other users who also can't be bothered to research properly.

Latest

Trending

Trending