The Student Room Group

Should men give birth to babies?

Scientists still debate this and it would require a lot of work, however, I feel within the next ten years this could be made possible through Ovarian transplants, hormone treatments etc. The question isn't focused on whether they can, rather, whether they should.

Traditionally, it has been seen as a 'woman's place', primarily because up until now, only women can get pregnant, give birth etc. Yet studies have shown that more and more women are opting out of being a mum. This angers some men and women who would really like a child or believe that their partner should want a child etc.

I personally would be relieved! I have never wanted to go through the horrors of childbirth. Plus I don't really want kids :smile:.

If it was made possible for a man to get pregnant, would you be willing to? Would you be willing to allow your male partner to have the kids instead of you?

Scroll to see replies

i dont see how a baby jimmy is gonna come outta me cawk nor do I think mutant men should be carrying babies wtf
Reply 2
Other blokes can do it if they want; I don't think I'll bother, ta.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
i dont see how a baby jimmy is gonna come outta me cawk nor do I think mutant men should be carrying babies wtf

You could just get a C-section though and think about it, we do have an issue with an ageing population in the UK
Original post by gjd800
Other blokes can do it if they want; I don't think I'll bother, ta.

not even if you desperately wanted your own biological kids but your partner didn't?
Why not keep it the natural way.

Plus how much would it cost the NHS if men started to have sex organ changes just to give birth.
Reply 6
Original post by jesschantellexxx
not even if you desperately wanted your own biological kids but your partner didn't?

I doubt it, but it is hard for me to relate to this since I am entirely uninterested in having kids.
This means enough tsr for today

Goodnight
Whether they can is part of whether they should.
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Why not keep it the natural way.

Plus how much would it cost the NHS if men started to have sex organ changes just to give birth?

Some male homosexual couples may want to experience what its like to give birth, also transgender people etc or it could be a situation in which the woman is infertile or just doesn't want to get pregnant, this way a couple can experience pregnancy.

It could be only offered by the private sector so it won't cost the NHS
Original post by 999tigger
Whether they can is part of whether they should.

Yes but the question is more focused on whether they should, not the science on whether they actually can
Reply 11
This is so weird and my answer is never.
Reply 12
No, also your argument for why men should sucks
You could just get a C-section though and think about it, we do have an issue with an ageing population in the UK

stop.
Original post by WEASEL espinoza
This means enough tsr for today

Goodnight

how can you sleep after reading this?
Scientists still debate this and it would require a lot of work, however, I feel within the next ten years this could be made possible through Ovarian transplants, hormone treatments etc. The question isn't focused on whether they can, rather, whether they should.

Traditionally, it has been seen as a 'woman's place', primarily because up until now, only women can get pregnant, give birth etc. Yet studies have shown that more and more women are opting out of being a mum. This angers some men and women who would really like a child or believe that their partner should want a child etc.

I personally would be relieved! I have never wanted to go through the horrors of childbirth. Plus I don't really want kids :smile:.

If it was made possible for a man to get pregnant, would you be willing to? Would you be willing to allow your male partner to have the kids instead of you?

"ovarian transplants" "hormone treatment"
this is a trans womans dream. I doubt regular men would agree to such ridiculous things tho.
Original post by Gkaizerking
"ovarian transplants" "hormone treatment"
this is a trans womans dream. I doubt regular men would agree to such ridiculous things tho.

Trans women would obviously benefit but don't you think society has changed so much in the past ten, twenty years that it probably wouldn't be impossible to find a regular man to agree to do this instead of an alternative eg adoption
Original post by Bang Outta Order
how can you sleep after reading this?

Probably by looking out for some daddy daycare groups to make friends with other daddies :smile:
Probably by looking out for some daddy daycare groups to make friends with other daddies :smile:

you is scary. you is abnormal.
Reply 19

Hell no would I go through all that major surgery etc ...plus the pregnancy ....just because you can't be bothered to be pregnant or are too posh to push or whatever

Hell NO

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending