The Student Room Group

Destroy civilisation and start over?

I was thinking about this the other day. Sometimes it's easier to make a clean start than to fix something. Poverty, conflict, overpopulation... All of that could potentially be eliminated if we were to start over with a carefully planned society. Why not also control genetics? Pick the right people and eliminate anything undesirable. Preserve scientific knowledge only, then erase anything that might cause problems, such as religion, literature, recorded history, etc. The remaining human population, preferably raised in a sterile, isolated environment, could be conditioned into a conformative, united society prioritising scientific progress and space exploration.

It might also be an opportunity to experiment. Create several societies planned in different ways, some more libertarian, others more authoritarian, for example, and the data gathered here could be used to plan the final product. Additionally, the same could be done with different genetic populations.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Pretty much global communism
Original post by adamantacademic
Pretty much global communism

Not necessarily. Things like capitalism and enterprise could be kept.
Reply 3
New african children adverts 2019:

Donate £2 a month to aid us to kill the children in poverty. A child shall no longer die every 2 minutes if we kill them all right now!
Original post by Dandaman1
Not necessarily. Things like capitalism and enterprise could be kept.

Yes but the ‘restart’ process could be achieved through a communist revolution, that would hypothetically terminate religious practice, social division, economic imbalance etc. Then markets and government agenda could be liberalised
Yes but the ‘restart’ process could be achieved through a communist revolution, that would hypothetically terminate religious practice, social division, economic imbalance etc. Then markets and government agenda could be liberalised

I was thinking more along the lines of a nuclear war or other means of mass extermination. We just keep the genetic stock we want and start again from the very beginning, ground up.
I was thinking more along the lines of a nuclear war or other means of mass extermination. We just keep the genetic stock we want and start again from the very beginning, ground up.

Issue with that is environmental backlash, expenditure and long term impacts such as radioactivity and infirm vegetation. Mass extermination makes your idea seem like an exclusive personal agenda rather than fruitful revolution for mankind
Original post by Rhiaaaaa
New african children adverts 2019:

Donate £2 a month to aid us to kill the children in poverty. A child shall no longer die every 2 minutes if we kill them all right now!

Are we thinking bombing, supervirus...?
Reply 8
Are we thinking bombing, supervirus...?

Bombing is too expensive. And they have ebola anyway. Maybe if we cut off all help and quarantined the whole of Africa continent they should all be dead in a few years we may need to send in isis. We can do the same to south america its useless.
I'd support this.
Issue with that is environmental backlash, expenditure and long term impacts such as radioactivity and infirm vegetation. Mass extermination makes your idea seem like an exclusive personal agenda rather than fruitful revolution for mankind

The environmental impact is a concern, but we could keep a few generations in subterranean habitats until the surface is ready to be recolonised.

Mass extermination allows the population to be controlled and facilitates the eugenics process. Wipe out most of the population, keeping only the very fittest individuals. It's essentially a cull.
(edited 5 years ago)
Oh easiest way to eradicate civilian populations is to liaise with governments and corporations and lethally infect waterways, energy companies could kill the lucky ones off with Carbon monoxide. As for indigenous, outdoor and travelling communities, armed groups could be deployed to clear them off
This is a great film concept tho though I strongly disagree as the plan doesn’t consider technological operations, management and development of existing infrastructure
Oh easiest way to eradicate civilian populations is to liaise with governments and corporations and lethally infect waterways, energy companies could kill the lucky ones off with Carbon monoxide. As for indigenous, outdoor and travelling communities, armed groups could be deployed to clear them off

All it takes is one nuke, though, and then every nation is launching. I feel like it would be very hard to convince governments and corporations to poison everyone.

Our evil organisation (which you are now totally a part of, by the way) just needs to infiltrate the governments of the nuclear powers and get the ball rolling.
I was thinking about this the other day. Sometimes it's easier to make a clean start than to fix something. Poverty, conflict, overpopulation... All of that could potentially be eliminated if we were to start over with a carefully planned society. Why not also control genetics? Pick the right people and eliminate anything undesirable. Preserve scientific knowledge only, then erase anything that might cause problems, such as religion, literature, recorded history, etc. The remaining human population, preferably raised in a sterile, isolated environment, could be conditioned into a conformative, united society prioritising scientific progress and space exploration.

It might also be an opportunity to experiment. Create several societies planned in different ways, some more libertarian, others more authoritarian, for example, and the data gathered here could be used to plan the final product. Additionally, the same could be done with different genetic populations.

Historically I have been pretty poor at 'metal' and 'wood' work BUT I would be more than happy to help you create either a physical or cyber 'Ark'.

Just one condition, well two really, can you provide me with food and water during our beautiful construction? :smile:
Original post by JAMIEJAY2018
Historically I have been pretty poor at 'metal' and 'wood' work BUT I would be more than happy to help you create either a physical or cyber 'Ark'.

Just one condition, well two really, can you provide me with food and water during our beautiful construction? :smile:

We're gonna build it down in Antarctica somewhere I reckon. Secretly. You can eat all the penguin you want.
Reply 16
OP great idea, let's start ASAP the elimination from you
We're gonna build it down in Antarctica somewhere I reckon. Secretly. You can eat all the penguin you want.

Cooked well or 'ceviche-style' - this could be a deal breaker for me. :smile:
Designer babies!
All it takes is one nuke, though, and then every nation is launching. I feel like it would be very hard to convince governments and corporations to poison everyone.

Our evil organisation (which you are now totally a part of, by the way) just needs to infiltrate the governments of the nuclear powers and get the ball rolling.

Ok in a practical sense nuking seems best way forward however I think we should exhaust all other methods, the single reason being environment impact - global nuking would affect us in terms of air quality and what not, hence I suggested the elite liaison plan however in reality the proposition would be reported. A cleaner way to implement mass fatality would probably be bombing: public food stocks, energy supplies, military facilities, all essential infrastructure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending