The Student Room Group

Rate of Reaction

What are advantages of using a light sensor rather then the disappearing cross method to monitor precipitation?
Light sensors give you a quantitative value whereas the time taken for the cross to disappear may be subjective
Original post by savage_queen
Light sensors give you a quantitative value whereas the time taken for the cross to disappear may be subjective

Thanks so much. I am trying to get ready for year 11.
Original post by InfinityMist
Thanks so much. I am trying to get ready for year 11.

Np, good luck for year 11. I'm sure you'll be great!
Np, good luck for year 11. I'm sure you'll be great!

Thanks, hope you have a very good rest of the day.
Its annoying I cant find this practical with the light sensor on the internet .
(edited 5 years ago)
Thanks, hope you have a very good rest of the day.
Its annoying I can find this practical with the light sensor on the internet .

Thanks, you too! I did my GCSEs this year and we didn't have the light sensor practical so maybe just stick with the disappearing cross one and use a light sensor additionally?
Thanks, you too! I did my GCSEs this year and we didn't have the light sensor practical so maybe just stick with the disappearing cross one and use a light sensor additionally?

How did you find them? Did you do triple?
How did you find them? Did you do triple?

Yup, I did triple higher. The sciences went alright: chemistry was probably the best, then physics and biology was meh (not a fan of biology as you can tell!). I'm predicted 7-9 and achieved 8s+9s in the mock so hopefully my results follow suit. But feel free to PM me if you have any more questions
Yup, I did triple higher. The sciences went alright: chemistry was probably the best, then physics and biology was meh (not a fan of biology as you can tell!). I'm predicted 7-9 and achieved 8s+9s in the mock so hopefully my results follow suit. But feel free to PM me if you have any more questions

Thank you so much. You will probably achieve 8s-9s you seem to know your content really well . I did my year 10 mocks and got 9,8,8 which in glad with but still want to aim for full 9s in year 11 mock.
Thank you so much. You will probably achieve 8s-9s you seem to know your content really well . I did my year 10 mocks and got 9,8,8 which in glad with but still want to aim for full 9s in year 11 mock.

Thank you very much! Those are amazing grades, keep up the revision and do a little bit every day which will really benefit your understanding of the course. I'm sure you'll do really well so good luck :smile:

Savage queen, can you please help me ? ...
[QUOTE="BTS;78540904" Legends,="Legends,"]

Savage queen, can you please help me ? ...

Sure, what do you need help with?

Quick Reply

Latest