The Student Room Group

Do you like the royal family?

Personally, aside from the Queen, I can't say I like them.

I would prefer a republic personally, with a ceremonially elected Head of state.

Scroll to see replies

I’m undecided. As people, they seem nice but they’re not really special.

On one hand, I think it’s kind of unfair that they get born into their status for no hard work and not based on their skills or intelligence. That being said, they do spend their lives working for our country and they make a big sacrifice of privacy.

On the other hand, they’re a good safety measure. They can stop a prime minister having too much power or passing negative laws. They aren’t elected and so have no reason to pass laws that don’t benefit the country. They’re neutral and will always try and do what’s best for the country.
Yes, they are the physical embodiment of our country and they represent hundreds and hundreds of years of History
narrrr m8 they r all prix swear down!!!11!111!!!!!!!!!!!1!111!!11!11!1!!!1!1!!!
no, they are amongst the most selfish people ive ever heard of. the queen sits on her throne with a crown worth millions while war veterans sit outside dying of hunger and thirst and yet everyones attention is on them instead of caring and helping people that need it
I just remembered talking yesterday to someone who said they love the royal family and watched the entire royal wedding the other week. It's a bit strange to me.
Original post by Gent2324
no, they are amongst the most selfish people ive ever heard of. the queen sits on her throne with a crown worth millions while war veterans sit outside dying of hunger and thirst and yet everyones attention is on them instead of caring and helping people that need it

only on TSR. actually it could be on various other SJW whingeboards too.
Reply 7
off with their heads!
No.
Original post by the bear
only on TSR. actually it could be on various other SJW whingeboards too.

im confused are you agreeing with me or disagreeing, or are you caling me the sjw
im confused are you agreeing with me or disagreeing, or are you caling me the sjw

i found your post ridiculous and ill-informed.
Reply 11
No.
i found your post ridiculous and ill-informed.

why
why

you know why
I've got nothing against the Germans.
Original post by Axiomasher
I've got nothing against the Germans.

this wonderful family are a great example of multicultural Britain:

Germans, Greeks, English, Americans ...
you know why

no, i dont, can you stop being so cryptic and just say why you didnt like a post... 3 posts and you still havent said anything
Reply 17
I liked Princess Diana.
I mean they are good and nice people. I see no reason to hate them apart from jealousy meaning that I hate them for being so rich and born into the title of royalty. As the others have said, they represent hundreds of years of history for this country and are just a tradition which many British people are proud of. They are neutral in politics so it's unlikely they would start abusing their power unless they are plain crazy or tyrants. Again as someone already said they provide a good safety measure as they can stop a Prime Minister abusing their power or turning the country into a totalitarian state.
That's how Hitler manged to become Furher, when the German President died he assumed his position and because the President was the most powerful position at the time none could stop him.
Original post by James.Carnell
Personally, aside from the Queen, I can't say I like them.

I would prefer a republic personally, with a ceremonially elected Head of state.

This might be useful to you: https://www.republic.org.uk/what-we-want/win-argument

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending