The Student Room Group

Mamma Mia 2 - Out Now!

Out now!

[video="youtube;pM4Ou4T3s_I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM4Ou4T3s_I[/video]

Who's excited to go see it? With Abba announcing a comeback and it having been a few months since the last musical film... it's time for another. A decade after the original we're being given Mamma Mia 2: Here we go again which is set 5 years after the original. Sophie is now pregnant and the story follows her journey of this and revisiting her mum's past.

Please keep all film related spoilers in spoiler tags :h:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Confirmed music and behind the scenes:

Spoiler

Am mega-excited for this, going to see it at least 3 times (with a fourth outing in the pipeline). Hoping to see it many more times than 3-4 though :ahee:
Reply 3
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Am mega-excited for this, going to see it at least 3 times (with a fourth outing in the pipeline). Hoping to see it many more times than 3-4 though :ahee:

Haha yeah. I've got several outings to see it lined up! Can't wait.
Original post by 8472
Haha yeah. I've got several outings to see it lined up! Can't wait.

THE DAY HAS ARRIVED :nutcase:
Reply 5
Saw this last night. Some major flaws and issues with it. Would probably give it 6/10. Some good songs and choreography but I can't overlook the issues.
Original post by 8472
Saw this last night. Some major flaws and issues with it. Would probably give it 6/10. Some good songs and choreography but I can't overlook the issues.

Would be interested to hear more about what you thought of it! Maybe you could put it in a spoiler, so as not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, and we can swap notes? :ninja:

I'm not overly convinced by this film either, though thought it's a good movie. Prefer the first one though :yep:
Reply 7
Would be interested to hear more about what you thought of it! Maybe you could put it in a spoiler, so as not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, and we can swap notes? :ninja:

I'm not overly convinced by this film either, though thought it's a good movie. Prefer the first one though :yep:

Spoiler

Original post by 8472

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 9

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by 8472

Spoiler

Spoiler

Am seeing it twice more next week Weds (that'll be a hardcore day! :lol: ) and then again in August with my PhD supervisor and some of her other supervisees :woo:
Not ashamed to admit I went to watch this. For any followers of the Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo Film Review, I'm very much like Mark in the sense I can recognise the technical flaws and story issues, but to hell with that, the ABBA song's are too indestructible not to enjoy the film. Was never a fan of the blue/green screen backdrop to the hotel though; it stood out like a sore thumb in the trailers and similarly in the main film.

Don't think I quite enjoyed it on first viewing as the first film, mainly since I had barely heard half the songs used in this film, but given i've now listened to them multiple times on YouTube, I'd put a bet on me probably enjoying it more the second time around.
OK so I've seen it four times now :yep: It's growing on me! :yep: Still prefer the first one though, but noticing new details in this second film each time I see it :h:

Quick Reply

Latest