The Student Room Group

My nursing journey🤍 (to anyone who may be struggling)

Hi guys,

I’m Mia and i’m 20. I completed my GCSEs in 2020 and went to sixthform to study biology, psychology and business. Unfortunately, during my exams I went through some personal issues and knew I was going to fail. I came out with an expected (but also surprising) DDD (although i was expecting UUU). After this I thought my career in nursing was over so I settled for a support worker job which didn’t fulfil my life the way I expected. After some research I found an online nursing diploma with learn direct which was the equivalent to 3 A levels and would get me into most unis. After a lot of hard work I managed to complete this course and applied to my chosen unis for adult nursing!! I’ve had my first acceptance and my next interview is next week!! I’ve also just accepted a job as a healthcare assistant that i’m going to do during my studies at uni!! If you’re worried that your nursing career might be over, look for other options and never settle for second best!! Doing this diploma was the best thing I ever did and I can finally follow my dreams of becoming a nurse!! never give up🤍
Well done Mia!!!!! To anyone who is doubting themselves, never give up. Chase Those Dreams!!!!! I wish everyone luck with where their future takes them.
Original post by Student4355
Well done Mia!!!!! To anyone who is doubting themselves, never give up. Chase Those Dreams!!!!! I wish everyone luck with where their future takes them.

Please tell me more about assignments. When they will give your results? What is ur grade?
Original post by Tahmina Tonny
Please tell me more about assignments. When they will give your results? What is ur grade?

I want to do my course with LD…. But I am confused…..
I know this is irrelevant but can someone do this but for “computing” I’m struggling to get a job within computing even though I have a degree in Computing 😭
Reply 5
Original post by Tahmina Tonny

with the learn direct nursing course i got 21 assignments. There’s different types of assignments (essays, articles, academic writing, academic poster, or questions) and the first unit tells you how to structure and plan these. there are 4 ungraded topics where you will be awarded achieved of non achieved but they will return it to you with feedback so you can get it right, and the rest are graded with either a pass, merit or distinction. Again if you miss points they may send the graded ones back to get a higher grade. You submit the assignment to your tutor and they will mark it between 7-10 days, in this time you can do other assignments but cannot submit it until the previous assignment has been graded. Each unit starts with a lesson and then gives you an assignment. All of your graded assignments convert into tardif points into UCAS, and after you’ve completed your last assignment it will take up to 6 weeks for them to look back through your work and give you your final grades and certificate. I’m still waiting on my final assignment to be marked so i’m unsure of my grade yet!! I hope this helps and if there’s any more questions please let me know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending