The Student Room Group

What do people think about notre dam?

What do people think about notre dam was it natural like an act of god or was it an act of terrorism?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mixedraceguy
What do people think about notre dam was it natural like an act of god or was it an act of terrorism?

What a bizarre question.
It has already been reported that it is likely due to the renovation work that has been taking place on the Notre Dame. Anyone who uses this to push their political agendas absolutely disgusts me. You don't have to be Christian or French to appreciate the beauty that has been lost today. It's a loss to humanity as a whole. All these ***** using this to push their agendas sicken me. The world is already grieving we don't need people to try and divide us even more.
Original post by Blue_Cow
What a bizarre question.

Well firefighters are regarding it as an accident right?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Unknown-99
It has already been reported that it is likely due to the renovation work that has been taking place on the Notre Dame. Anyone who uses this to push their political agendas absolutely disgusts me. You don't have to be Christian or French to appreciate the beauty that has been lost today. It's a loss to humanity as a whole. All these ***** using this to push their agendas sicken me. The world is already grieving we don't need people to try and divide us even more.

It just sounds a bit off to me I'm Christian and deeply saddened by this it's always horrible when God's home is destroyed its the worst thing

a) What on earth has led you to suggest this was an act of terror?

b) For Burton’s Legal Thesaurus: act of god. (n.d.) Burton’s Legal Thesaurus, 4E. (2007). Retrieved April 15 2019 from https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/act+of+god
What a bizarre question.

could be terrorism

it has happened before , on a much smaller scale

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1102958/christian-persecution-france-catholic-church-christianity-religion-edouard-phillipe-isis
It just sounds a bit off to me I'm Christian and deeply saddened by this it's always horrible when God's home is destroyed its the worst thing

Why does it sound off? There was literally scaffolding on the building as renovation work has been taking place. It wouldn't be difficult for a fire to spread due to a welding mistake or electrical fault. Everyone is saddened by this but we should grieve in peace.

Do you think t could people from an opposing religion?

Pasting a news article about terror attacks on a churches is not a valid reason to stir up the suggestion that what happened to Notre Dame today was terror related...

Why don't you let actual facts come out first from a reputable media source before jumping the gun?
(edited 5 years ago)
a) What on earth has led you to suggest this was an act of terror?

b) For Burton’s Legal Thesaurus: act of god. (n.d.) Burton’s Legal Thesaurus, 4E. (2007). Retrieved April 15 2019 from https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/act+of+god

Honestly, the OP has probably been on twitter and seen the far right activists such as Katie Hopkins and Paul Joseph Watson immediately blaming Muslims. Unfortunately people are too gullible and will believe anything.
It's sad
I know there are people on TSR who will get excited by the prospect of terrorism, but until information on the cause becomes available, I will make no judgement.
Do you think t could people from an opposing religion?

Could be yellow vesters who just want to destroy everything

could be muslims

could be Jews

could be buddhist monks

honestly I don't know, but dozens of churches have been destroyed
Pasting a news article about terror attacks on a churches is not a valid reason to stir up the suggestion that what happened to Notre Dame today was terror related...

it could be related

dozens of churchers attacked in 2019

now notre dame burns.......

maybe there's a connection ?
Reply 16
I've never heard of the notre "dam". Never knew it was a water building.

The Notre Dame, however....
Original post by Nalk1573
it could be related

I don't know. I don't work for the Direction générale de la sécurité intérieure.

I like to leave investigations to the professionals instead, rather than finding news articles online about church attacks and attempting to make a superficial link between them, thereby stirring up unfounded theories.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Obolinda
It's sad

It is indeed deeply sadenning my heart goes out to France and anybody who has notre dame in there hearts I'm praying for them as we speak
Original post by Nalk1573
it could be related

Places of worship get attacked or vandalised every single day whether they be Churches, Mosques, synagogues or some other place of worship. We just don't hear about them in the news. It has already been reported by French officials it is likely to do with the renovation work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending