The Student Room Group

Bring back the death penalty?

If this question hasn`t been asked well you can answer it now. What do people think of the death penalty? List 5 types of people who are deserving of capital punishment. If you were to bring it back which method would you choose and why i.e. Execution (chopping head off), hanging, firing squad, lethal injection etc. Would you do it publicly or privately and why. Please bear in mind that there may be people who are completely against this so don`t fight with people who have different opinions to you. This is a general, healthy discussion so let’s all respect each other.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Ridiculous
absolutely

Murderers - public stoning
Adulterers - public stoning
Rapists - public stoning
Kidnappers - public execution (no specific method)
Rebellious Children - public stoning

why: God said so
Reply 4
To the people who said no and are against this, what is the reason?. Is it because you think life is precious or is there another reason. What punishment would you give then?. I`m just curious.
YEa
Original post by Leviathan1611
absolutely

Rapists - public stoning

What does this even mean?
No. No one deserves to take the life of another for life is a sacred experience.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
No. No one deserves to take the life of another for life is a sacred experience.

What if it's a murderer who took the life of someone else?
Original post by Maddie8232

Throw them in jail for life.
Take life of murderer and make other person murderer too by taking life and repeat cycle unti lwe all dead
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Throw them in jail for life.

I'm not sure in all honesty. Do they deserve to live if they've taken the life of someone else?
No, it's a cop out.
What does this even mean?

I'd define it as a teenager who is constantly willfully disobedient and has no respect for their parents/authority, examples would be them hitting and cursing their parents. I believe they should be put to death as a last resort, when all other methods have been attempted.
No. With no exceptions.
Original post by Jacobsartorius
Take life of murderer and make other person murderer too by taking life and repeat cycle unti lwe all dead

I think the key difference here is that the initial murderer took the individual's life unlawfully.
I'd define it as a teenager who is constantly willfully disobedient and has no respect for their parents/authority, examples would be them hitting and cursing their parents. I believe they should be put to death as a last resort, when all other methods have been attempted.

This has to be the craziest thing I've ever seen you write on this site.
Original post by NotNotBatman
This has to be the craziest thing I've ever seen you write on this site.

what's the second and third "craziest"?

The difference between this and murder for example is that there's a huge shade of grey here.

With murder, either the individual did it or they did not, whereas 'disobedience' is relative.
absolutely

Rapists - public stoning

Jesus: "let the one without sin throw the first stone"
Everyone: :getmecoat:
Leviathan1611: pUbLiC sToNiNg :jebus:

Model Christian here, folks.

nope (2).png

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending