The Student Room Group

please reply!!!!!:gcse

in my gcse english i wrote very good essays(english language) with the exception that i ****ed up the easiest apostrophe rule in the world ( possession apostrophe) there are 32 marks for technical accuracy in gcse lang, since everything else was v good how many marks dyu think r gone?
Reply 1
You should be fine as you can still get in the top band even with some minor grammar inconsistencies.

It would only be a couple of marks at most and if you believe that the rest of your essay is impeccable then I’m fairly certain it won’t affect your overall grade.
Reply 2
thing is it wasnt minor inconsistencies, almost every time i shouldve used an apostrophe i omitted it...
Original post by gxbbv
You should be fine as you can still get in the top band even with some minor grammar inconsistencies.

It would only be a couple of marks at most and if you believe that the rest of your essay is impeccable then I’m fairly certain it won’t affect your overall grade.
No point worrying now, ultimately it's down to the examiner :smile:
Reply 4
true but that not encouraging.
i wanna know now so im not shocked too.
Original post by laurawatt
No point worrying now, ultimately it's down to the examiner :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by manc472
thing is it wasnt minor inconsistencies, almost every time i shouldve used an apostrophe i omitted it...

remember that the examiner gives you marks for the good things you’ve done so they’re not going to see you’ve emitted the apostrophes and immediately mark you down. If the rest of your essay is good you will still be able to get a relatively decent grade overall as you still have Section A
Reply 6
if thats true then they should count up to 14 marks and see ive ****ed up with my apostrophes, and then deduct 2 roughly.
correct?
Original post by gxbbv
remember that the examiner gives you marks for the good things you’ve done so they’re not going to see you’ve emitted the apostrophes and immediately mark you down. If the rest of your essay is good you will still be able to get a relatively decent grade overall as you still have Section A
Reply 7
is that how it works??
Reply 8
Why are you making such a fuss of this?
Jesus Christ, people have done worse in exams. Not to be rude or anything but I find this worry ridiculous.
Reply 9
Right lads someone answer?

Quick Reply

Latest