The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Ban all animal charities and let the money go to cancer research UK

Don't get why as society give more money to animal charities than humans.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Inverse TtingTox, very interesting
Reply 2
It's not a necessary conclusion that people would give the money they give to animal charities to a cancer one instead
Original post by Wildstar

Because people can choose which charities they wish to donate to?
Perhaps certain people believe they get a lot from animals, but they get neglected as a cause for government spending hence they make private donations?
Perhaps animals matter more to some people?
Do you have a link to support your claim of more money going to animal charities than ones concerning humans?
Original post by gjd800
It's not a necessary conclusion that people would give the money they give to animal charities to a cancer one instead

You have to do what the OP say. They rule.
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
You have to do what the OP say. They rule.

I was wondering.

I'd probably join an insurgency
I would much rather donate to animal charities than human if I chose to (I don't). Animals are more likeable than humans, don't hold negative attitudes, and are abused by humans on a regular basis.

why don't we just harvest all your organs now and save like 6 people. as 6>1 im sure you wont mind volunteering, as society most likely values 6 humans more than 1.
You're acting like there isn't already a cure to cancer that the American/British government are hiding because they profit so much
Cancer research already gets a huge amount of funding. Can't move for cancer adverts and posters. Would be great if people could focus on other illnesses for once :rolleyes:

Surely the whole point of charity is that it's based on voluntary contributions. So if people want to donate to animal charities then who's to tell them they shouldn't?
Original post by JamesManc
I would much rather donate to animal charities than human if I chose to (I don't). Animals are more likeable than humans, don't hold negative attitudes, and are abused by humans on a regular basis.

This. The RSPCA is the reason I have had 6 of my guinea pigs and they haven't died. Without them they would have never been found.
I either donate to animal charities or mental health as both recieve hardly any government funding. Am sick of hearing about cancer, there's no stigma if you have cancer and everyone wants to help from the public to the government. I don't see cancer patients waiting a year to get treatment like mental health patients. Wonder how many people have died on these waitlists.
Original post by JamesManc

Original post by CoolCavy
This. The RSPCA is the reason I have had 6 of my guinea pigs and they haven't died. Without them they would have never been found.
I either donate to animal charities or mental health as both recieve hardly any government funding. Am sick of hearing about cancer, there's no stigma if you have cancer and everyone wants to help from the public to the government. I don't see cancer patients waiting a year to get treatment like mental health patients. Wonder how many people have died on these waitlists.

Except wasps.

Wasps are *******s.
Original post by Drewski
Except wasps.

Wasps are *******s.

True. They are quite useful to the ecosystem though contrary to popular belief

I used to think this, but I realised I care more about my dog than I do about deaf-blind people.
I would rather contribute to the wellbeing of an animal over a human.

Well your title is one way to kickstart communism...

How would we approach this though?
Reply 17
Original post by Notoriety
I used to think this, but I realised I care more about my dog than I do about deaf-blind people.

I remember a guy from Save the Children shouting at me in the street 'but don't you want to help dying kids'

'Not really'
Original post by gjd800
I remember a guy from Save the Children shouting at me in the street 'but don't you want to help dying kids'

'Not really'

At least you're honest.

This is an issue though that I guess represents wider society.
Cause animals > humans

Seriously though, ban all charities who's CEO or w/e take a significant portion of the money for their own payslips. It's alright saying that it's bad we give more money to animals than other people but let's be realistic, most charities exist to make a few people rich by exploiting the sympathy of other people.

E- It should be worth noting that NHS Trusts are registered charities and are likely a far better cause than any other charity, perhaps with the exception of similar charities such as the Air Ambulance.
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending