The Student Room Group

Securing a job in law with a 2:2?

Is it possible to secure a training contract with a 2:2 at any law firm?
I had some mitigating circumstances and I’m wondering if it’s still at all possible to get the job
Original post by w678
Is it possible to secure a training contract with a 2:2 at any law firm?
I had some mitigating circumstances and I’m wondering if it’s still at all possible to get the job

Depends on luck. contacts, skills, experience and determination plus how flexible you are. Some students do manage it. Try smaller firms and working your way up. Just depends how much you want it, how effectively you make your applications and how determined you are. Be careful about extenuating circumstances, some will be more persuasive than others.
What do you mean by certain people being more persuasive in terms of extenuating circumstances. Sorry I didn’t quite understand
Most important aspect in the law field is contacts you need to know the right people to get far.
Original post by 999tigger
Depends on luck. contacts, skills, experience and determination plus how flexible you are. Some students do manage it. Try smaller firms and working your way up. Just depends how much you want it, how effectively you make your applications and how determined you are. Be careful about extenuating circumstances, some will be more persuasive than others.

By persuasive do you mean they’d be more inclined to push me for answers?
Original post by Amon-ster
Most important aspect in the law field is contacts you need to know the right people to get far.

I agree.
Original post by w678
By persuasive do you mean they’d be more inclined to push me for answers?

Some people might take your ext circs into account and others wont care a jot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending