The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

New law next year, Organ donaton coumplsory when somebody dies ?!

Not long found this out, when somebody died from next year in UK their organs will be donated unless you opt out !!

wtf
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No idea if this is true, don’t really care but if it is... don’t see the issue? You’re dead anyway. Might as well put your organs to good use.
Original post by Snfkin
No idea if this is true, don’t really care but if it is... don’t see the issue? You’re dead anyway. Might as well put your organs to good use.

It is yes look it up.
And not for me thanks, you go ahead with it , it was your idea !
Exactly how it should be.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt

Not at all !
it's as though the govenment are saying that they control people's bodies and that is belongs to them
Original post by DiddyDecAlt

100% yes. There is NOTHING worse than burying or cremating useful organs that could have saved someone else's life.

There is not a single decent reason why that wouldn't be the case
Doubt the law will survive legal challenges.
Several religious groups are absolutely livid about reversing the uk organ donation policy from opt in to opt out.
So just opt out then. I know I will.
Oh please, hun. I'm coming back from the grave to say hell to the naw.
Original post by Apachecow
100% yes. There is NOTHING worse than burying or cremating useful organs that could have saved someone else's life.

What is someone died and din't opt out for whatever reason ( like they didn't know) are the family able to appeal it so that the deceased person won't have their organs donated ?
I think it is a disgusting idea and very disrespectful to the person who has died for the government to say that the body belongs to them and they are going to donated it
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by LadyMcCartney4

tell me how to opt out

Exactly, it’s not compulsory!
I think anyone can opt out, and the family can still opt out if someone dies. So it’s not really much different if the family can still make the final decision.

The reason for it is that most family say no to organ donation because they don’t know if it is something the donor would have wanted. This way they know if the donor didn’t want it, because they would have opted out.

I still don’t know if I’m completely comfortable with it though.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Cleverboy1991
tell me how to opt out

Ask your gp surgery and they will tell you. Most likely it's just a tick box on a form.
Misleading title.

Opt-out works much better than opt-in and is here to stay, regardless of the tripe fringe lunatics like you and religious nutters have to say about it.
Original post by Apachecow

Yes there is- the individual's right to choose what they want to do with their body and what they want to happen to their body after death.
If people want to donate their organs they can choose to register as organ donors, donate as living donors and confirm their intention that the choice should still apply after death within a will codicil or other signed document.
It should be opt in rather than opt out.
Original post by Palmyra
Misleading title.

Opt-out works much better than opt-in and is here to stay, regardless of the tripe fringe lunatics like you and religious nutters have to say about it.

How is it a misleading title , do you need to wear glasses to read properly ?
Opt out means a lot more people will have their organs donated as many people won't be aware of the opt out system, it is reversed to trick people.
Ask your gp surgery and they will tell you. Most likely it's just a tick box on a form.

where do I get the form from then ?
Good
Original post by Cleverboy1991
where do I get the form from then ?

...from your surgery.

Latest

Trending

Trending