The Student Room Group

is sexual assaults/rape a big problem at universities?

As the question above says, I been reading there is a big rise in sexual assaults and rapes in university halls, so it now a big problem in the uni society?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I imagine it tends to vary from university to university..
Reply 2
According to ideologies like feminism that have a vested interest in presenting women as victims in this world, rape is very much prevalent in universities, but in reality rape is non-existent at universities.

How does feminism deal with reality which is disagreeable with its claims? Conduct surveys and research studies using relaxed, broad definitions for rape, sexual violence and sexual harassment such that anything and everything qualifies as these things. This helps enlarge the statistics of these crimes and make them appear as though they are prevalent, when in actual fact they are not. It then uses the fear and anger that its false statistics instil in people to pressure government and society for negative change that allows false accusations to be used as a means of abuse, power and control.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Pinkisk
According to ideologies like feminism that have a vested interest in presenting women as victims in this world, rape is very much prevalent in universities, but in reality rape is non-existent at universities.

How does feminism deal with reality which is disagreeable with its claims? Conduct surveys and research studies using relaxed, broad definitions for rape, sexual violence and sexual harassment such that anything and everything qualifies as these things. This helps enlarge the statistics of these crimes and make them appear as though they are prevalent, when in actual fact they are not. It then uses the fear and anger that its false statistics instil in people to pressure government and society for negative change that allows false accusations to be used as a means of abuse, power and control.

Out of curiosity, are you really suggesting that there has never been a victim of rape in university?

I find it so sad that your hatred of feminism, also known as equality is such that you are using rape to put forward your case.

Do you understand what consent is and at what point a lack of consent becomes rape?
Reply 4
Original post by ByEeek
Out of curiosity, are you really suggesting that there has never been a victim of rape in university?

I find it so sad that your hatred of feminism, also known as equality is such that you are using rape to put forward your case.

Do you understand what consent is and at what point a lack of consent becomes rape?

Answer to your first question...no

Answer to your second point... Communism is about equality too. Maybe we should all become communists. So too is capitalism. Lets all become capitalists. No, no, lets all become capitalist communists! No, wait. Many anti-feminists want equality. Many mens rights activists want equality too. So, lets all become capitalist, communist, mens rights activist, feminist, anti-feminists.

"x ideology is for equality. You should support it" This is a very simple minded argument.

Equality is an outcome that does not tell us anything about the doctrine of feminism, its core values and its principles. Many flawed, rotten, evil ideologies claim to pursue equality. Feminism wanting equality does not justify support for feminism.

Answer to your third question...yes.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Pinkisk
Answer to your second point... Communism is about equality too. Maybe we should all become communists. So too is capitalism. Lets all become capitalists. No, no, lets all become capitalist communists!...Equality is an outcome that does not tells us anything about the doctrine of feminism, its core values and its principles. Feminism wanting equality does not justify support for feminism.
"Feminism is for equality. You should support it" This is like primary school level rhetoric.

My goodness!!! You must be exhausted? All that emotional energy going into so much hatred. Just think what you could achieve with that energy if you put it towards something good?

I am afraid I don't understand a word of your rant but I would recommend you take 5 mindful breaths and contemplate the purpose of your life because right now you are coming across as a slighly deranged ranty loon with an axe to grind simply for the point if grinding an axe.

I hope you find your peace.
Reply 6
Original post by ByEeek
My goodness!!! You must be exhausted? All that emotional energy going into so much hatred. Just think what you could achieve with that energy if you put it towards something good?

I am afraid I don't understand a word of your rant but I would recommend you take 5 mindful breaths and contemplate the purpose of your life because right now you are coming across as a slighly deranged ranty loon with an axe to grind simply for the point if grinding an axe.

Doesn't come across as a "slighly deranged ranty loon" imo
Reply 7
Original post by ByEeek

People disagreeing with you does not equate to people hating you. Your aggressive replies and your insults tell me that you have hatred for those that disagree with you and your chosen beliefs. You project yourself on others. This is not a healthy way to live your life. You are going to come across many people in your life that will not accept everything that you tell them. Thats just the way things are. Calling them names and acting all aggressive is not going to help convince them in what you believe in. Its going to push them away from you and your chosen belief.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Pinkisk

Answer to your second point... Communism is about equality too. Maybe we should all become communists. So too is capitalism. Lets all become capitalists. No, no, lets all become capitalist communists! No, wait. Many anti-feminists want equality. Many mens rights activists want equality too. So, lets all become capitalist, communist, mens rights activist, feminist, anti-feminists.

"x ideology is for equality. You should support it" This is a very simple minded argument.

Equality is an outcome that does not tells us anything about the doctrine of feminism, its core values and its principles. Many flawed, rotten, evil ideologies claim to pursue equality. Feminism wanting equality does not justify support for feminism.

This is garbled nonsense.

And your post history is filled with unintelligible rants about feminism. Your ideological fervour is blinding your ability to think rationally.

Yes, I know you are going to say I'm insulting you.
Even if there is only one it remains a problem. According to the National Crime Survey, 2.9% of people were the victims of sexual assault in the UK.
Original post by Kitten in boots
This is garbled nonsense.

And your post history is filled with unintelligible rants about feminism. Your ideological fervour is blinding your ability to think rationally.

Yes, I know you are going to say I'm insulting you, it's part of your victimhood narrative.

The word conjecture. Look it up.
Original post by Pinkisk
People disagreeing with you does not equate to people hating you. Your aggressive replies and your insults tell me that you have hatred for those that disagree with you and your chosen beliefs. You project yourself on others. This is not a healthy way to live your life. You are going to come across many people in your life that will not accept everything that you tell them. Thats just the way things are. Calling them names and acting all aggressive is not going to help convince them in what you believe in. Its going to push them away from you and your chosen belief.

Not disagreeing. Just perplexed how you got from rape to communism via feminism. You seemed to infur that feminists deserve to be raped or something.

Do you have any stats to show that no sexual assaults were committed on campuses? Because when I looked I could only find articles from reputable newspapers like this
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/03/sexual-violence-harassment-cases-universities-treble-three-years/
Original post by ByEeek
Not disagreeing. Just perplexed how you got from rape to communism via feminism. You seemed to infur that feminists deserve to be raped or something.

Do you have any stats to show that no sexual assaults were committed on campuses? Because when I looked I could only find articles from reputable newspapers like this
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/10/03/sexual-violence-harassment-cases-universities-treble-three-years/

I am not here to be insulted or bullied by anyone. Whats to assure me if I carry on engaging with you, when you hit a wall again, that you wouldn't again resort to that trait common amongst you feminists, vitriol? I need assurances. I feel I am justified in seeking this assurance. Its my right to protect myself from abuse.
Original post by Pinkisk
I am not here to be insulted or bullied by anyone. Whats to assure me if I carry on engaging with you, when you hit a wall again, that you wouldn't again resort to that trait common amongst you feminists, vitriol? I need assurances. I feel I am justified in seeking this assurance. Its my right to protect myself from abuse.

I'm sorry. Could you point out which part of my last post was abusive. The first part outlined my confusion in your argument. The second asked a question. Now apparently I'm abusive. I keep trying to engage you in the topic "Rape and srxual assuault on university campuses" You are yet to engage.
Original post by Pinkisk

Blah blah blah. OP, look up the Warwick rape scandal
Original post by angelinahx
Blah blah blah. OP, look up the Warwick rape scandal

Yeah. I like kebab too.
Original post by ByEeek
I'm sorry. Could you point out which part of my last post was abusive. The first part outlined my confusion in your argument. The second asked a question. Now apparently I'm abusive. I keep trying to engage you in the topic "Rape and srxual assuault on university campuses" You are yet to engage.

"I am afraid I don't understand a word of your rant but I would recommend you take 5 mindful breaths and contemplate the purpose of your life because right now you are coming across as a slighly deranged ranty loon with an axe to grind simply for the point if grinding an axe."

I am sure by the standards that feminism teaches you this qualifies as being polite and rational, but not by my standards. If calling people deranged ranty loons is your idea of a rational, polite reply, you should not become surprised when people ignore you.

Don't make this personal. Don't insult me. Tackle the points that I raised with respect and maturity and that is all. Bullying and abuse are not going to work with me, no matter how much of it you feminists resort to. You do not scare me.

In regard to your second point. You have not kept trying to engage. I have so far ignored only one of your comments, only after you resorted to abuse. Apologise and I will entertain engaging further with you on my original comment. In my reply I will most probably ask you to address my first comment thoroughly and with respect, the one you replied to with insults and we will take it from there. If you are not happy doing this what I might do is paste the comment that I cited from you above as a reply to your comment about rape and see how much you like it.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Pinkisk
"I am afraid I don't understand a word of your rant but I would recommend you take 5 mindful breaths and contemplate the purpose of your life because right now you are coming across as a slighly deranged ranty loon with an axe to grind simply for the point if grinding an axe."

I am sure by the standards that feminism teaches you this qualifies as being polite and rational, but not by my standards. If calling people deranged ranty loons is your idea of a rational, polite reply, you should not become surprised when people ignore you.

Don't make this personal. Don't insult me. Tackle the points that I raised with respect and maturity and that is all. Bullying and abuse are not going to work with me, no matter how much of it you feminists resort to. You do not scare me.

In regard to your second point. You have not kept trying to engage. I have so far ignored only one of your comments, only after you resorted to abuse. Apologise and I will entertain engaging further with you on my original comment. In my reply I will most probably ask you to address my first comment thoroughly and with respect, the one you replied to with insults and we will take it from there. If you are not happy doing this what I might do is paste the comment that I cited from you above as a reply to your comment about rape and see how much you like it.

Good try. Given some of the other responses you are getting on this thread you are doing that classic distraction technique of focusing the debate on me and my conduct rather than answer genuine questions.

I will be more than happy to apologise if you acknowledge all the victims of rape and sexual abuse on campuses around the UK and beyond.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ByEeek
classic distraction technique of focusing the debate on me and my conduct rather than answer genuine questions.

Have you tried improving your conduct?
Original post by the beer
Have you tried improving your conduct?

I dunno. It wasn't me who denied that rape and sexual assault as something that happens on university campuses.

What do you think? Does it happen?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending