The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

35th UK death. 50 years old male in Bristol.
(edited 4 years ago)
People are panic buying toilet rolls when they forget that millions won’t have toilet rolls because they can’t even afford them - how selfish
Original post by DSilva
Why are people stockpiling loo roll?! The virus DOES NOT cause diarrhea.

People generally aren't that intelligent, it is why they are panic shopping in the first place.
Original post by Greywolftwo
People are panic buying toilet rolls when they forget that millions won’t have toilet rolls because they can’t even afford them - how selfish

The Metro is free.
Matt Hancock claiming that we are doing more tests than any other countries outside China according to sky news
Original post by 1st superstar
Matt Hancock claiming that we are doing more tests than any other countries outside China according to sky news

What a joke.
Original post by Wired_1800
What a joke.

Yep washing your hands according to him is THE most important thing to do whilst singing happy birthday. Go check him out on the Sophie Ridge Show
The panic buying is a never ending cycle.

Dont know how it started but some person started buying up all the toilet rolls and hygiene products. (probably to resell) When people went into shops they saw that there was nothing so they panicked. They started buying up all the stock because they were worried they werent going to get any of the items.

That has caused nearly everythinf to clear out. So people are going to their local shops and they have started raising the prices of everything too. I saw a large toilet roll going for £25 and hand sanitiser for £8.

Its ridiculous. How are older and poor people going to cope. I dont think the people have a lot of faith in the gov for this to be occuring. the fear is in alot of ppl. Its crazy.
Yep washing your hands according to him is THE most important thing to do whilst singing happy birthday. Go check him out on the Sophie Ridge Show

Jeremy Hunt was hated by doctors and other health professionals but it seems that he was more experienced than his successor.
Jeremy Hunt was hated by doctors and other health professionals but it seems that he was more experienced than his successor.

True
Dutch are closing down school

yeah we know its bad when even doctors are agreeing with jeremy hunt now hahaha.
Original post by aalixyh
yeah we know its bad when even doctors are agreeing with jeremy hunt now hahaha.

Exactly.
Original post by ringspun
Dutch are closing down school

The Irish are closing down booze!
Original post by Realitysreflexx
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/15/chinese-executive-who-called-xi-a-clown-over-coronavirus-response-is-missing

Further disregard of Human Rights.

When this is all done, and we've lost 3-4% of the innocent developed world population. China must be dealt with and swiftly. This government can't be trusted, to do anything but cover ups and gloating. China needs to be removed from all non essential economic production via targeted sanction, if they refuse to change the ways their citizens consume food. If they get 10 samples of any kind of foreign novel or known viral agent, they need to have a legally monitored agency that requires reporting to the WHO, US government, NATO, Russia. People who can check their power. Finally, If 10 case's are confirmed China must shut it's airports instantly. It cannot be allowed to export us diseases and reap economic gain by producing our goods without clear rules.

good luck persuading nations to sanction China, when they are all lining up to be bailed out by China once the economic effects of this kick in.
as for the weekends news.. Europe in general is going in the right dirrection, lots of nations waking up to the reality and taking the measures needed.

Shame we aren't one of them.

I like the goverments plan to keep over 70s at home... its great. Do it today. Shame they are saying 'in the coming weeks' - the 's' is the biggest problem there. Fine to give them a bit of notice.. but weekS. Don't they see how fast this is developing? We are roughly a week behind france who are now shutting everything down.

Its just frustraiting.. because we all know its coming, but they are resisting every chance at being proactive and acting before **** hits the fan.. instead they are just waiting to be forced into it.

Also - block travel from america.. They have already done it to us, and they are a far bigger risk than we are. They have more cases, but have barely started testing people.. less than a third of the tests that we have done by some accounts. Korea have already shown how hugely effective mass testing is - other nations need to learn from it.
Reply 1176
35th UK death. 50 years old male in Bristol.

Do you guys think it’s a good idea to stay off of school until the Easter holidays? I live with my Nan and tbh I haven’t exactly got the best immune system and I just don’t want to get it and spread it. But then again I don’t know if I’m just being overly cautious. I’ve just seen what other countries have been doing and I feel a lot more safer with that than “just wash your hands”
Reply 1178
Original post by DSilva
Why are people stockpiling loo roll?! The virus DOES NOT cause diarrhea.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8103677/Doctor-battling-coronavirus-shares-daily-symptoms-social-media.html

Absolute bull****, what more can you expect from him after he’s backtracked over herd community agenda.

Latest

Trending

Trending