The Student Room Group

Which is more popular in the UK; boxers or briefs?

Hey guys, I’m 23 and have worn briefs on and off forever along with boxers. Grew up in the UK in the countryside and a lot of other guys wore them on occasion too, but when I went to uni they weren’t as popular. I wear them quite a lot now, but what about you guys?
Reply 1
I'd imagine boxers are more popular, but I'm just guessing.
I only wear them.
Reply 2
Original post by Joel 96
I'd imagine boxers are more popular, but I'm just guessing.
I only wear them.

Have you worn briefs since you switched? I didn’t think I’d like them until I switched back pretty much full time
Reply 3
Original post by simonh97
Have you worn briefs since you switched? I didn’t think I’d like them until I switched back pretty much full time

Maybe once or twice, but I switched from briefs at around 10. I've never had any reason to go back to briefs, mainly because of the aesthetic. I'm sure the comfort is about the same though, depending on the brand.
Reply 4
Original post by Joel 96
Maybe once or twice, but I switched from briefs at around 10. I've never had any reason to go back to briefs, mainly because of the aesthetic. I'm sure the comfort is about the same though, depending on the brand.

Fair enough. Yeah I don’t really notice a difference between boxers and briefs but just wondered which more people wore haha. Would highly recommend trying if you fancy a change
Reply 5
Used to wear briefs, but my fellas down there found it hard to breathe and ever since then I've been wearing boxers. :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by brarje
Used to wear briefs, but my fellas down there found it hard to breathe and ever since then I've been wearing boxers. :biggrin:

Fair enough. What sort of age did you change?
Reply 7
Fair enough. Yeah I don’t really notice a difference between boxers and briefs but just wondered which more people wore haha. Would highly recommend trying if you fancy a change

Sure thing, I'll keep it in mind!
Reply 8
Fair enough. What sort of age did you change?

well you can guess that can't you? lol
Reply 9
Original post by brarje
well you can guess that can't you? lol

Probs the start of secondary School I’m guessing haha
I've worn boxer briefs since I was like 12. Don't think I've ever worn boxers...
Reply 11
Yeah I’ve work boxer briefs on and off with briefs since secondary school. Gone back to briefs more fully now though. I can’t really tell a difference
Yeah I’ve work boxer briefs on and off with briefs since secondary school. Gone back to briefs more fully now though. I can’t really tell a difference

If you can't tell a difference, why are you recommending that people switch?
Reply 13
Original post by black tea
If you can't tell a difference, why are you recommending that people switch?

I just think they’re a bit under rated. Sometimes I do find boxers or boxers briefs aren’t supportive enough, and I’m by no means well endowed, briefs just feel slightly different to boxers and have a more support
Loose cotton boxers are the best, you get much best air circulation and less gooch sweat.
Reply 15
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest