The Student Room Group

Women make better leaders - DW

[video="youtube;9cM9imtbits"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cM9imtbits[/video]
Reply 1
Identitarians really can't have it both ways if they engage in reducing accomplishments based on their preferred identities (whether from gender, ethnicity, religion or whatever) while rejecting claims of failure on the same basis.

I think current female leaders are probably better than current male leaders. This is not because women inherently make better leaders than men, but because female leaders had to work harder and be better to become leaders.
Reply 3
The country that's done the best with it is South Korea.

President? Male.
So...
Original post by HucktheForde
[video="youtube;9cM9imtbits"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cM9imtbits[/video]

But you've posted a photo of Lewis Capaldi there, so it's not all women.
Original post by Reality Check
But you've posted a photo of Lewis Capaldi there, so it's not all women.

took me a while to figured out where the joke was but when i did i couldnt stop laughing.... :rofl2:
The country with no covid19 deaths, a lucrative tourist industry and only fifteen positive diagnoses (none of which required a hospital stay) is St Kitts & Nevis.
The PM is Mr. Timothy Harris.
Reply 7
I find it disgusting how feminism has been using this pandemic, non-stop, to peddle its sexist ideas and principles.

First they tried to sell the idea that this pandemic was mostly going to affect women, because you know? patriarchy!! As soon as Governments started collecting statistics for this disease, feminists got hold of the mortality rates for the two genders, hoping that they would show that women were dying at a higher rate than men, thereby supporting their warped beliefs about this world that we live in. Had the numbers shown that women were dying at a higher rate, feminists would have been crying sexism at the top of their lungs for the rest of eternity. When statistics came back showing that in all countries men were dying at a significantly higher rate than women, feminists went into panic mode and started publishing articles and reports trying to dismiss and trivialise this disparity, if not blame it on men.

The death rates argument didn't work in their favour so they went looking for another one. They found it in Sweden!! Look at Sweden everyone! Its a feminist country and it has such incredibly low infection and mortality rates!! Isn't feminism just awesome!!?!? Soon after this, the virus caught up with Sweden's lax/liberal approach to the pandemic. Now it has one of the highest, if not the highest, infection and death rates in Scandinavia. So the Sweden argument didn't serve their identity politics either.

Now they have moved on to something else. Women are superior to men because countries ruled by women have lower numbers of infections and deaths!! Don't worry about the fact that all of these countries have extremely small populations, nor the fact that Germany had an amazing healthcare system long before Merkel, nor the fact that Merkel refuses to identify with feminism...nor the fact that feminism claims to be about equality, when clearly this claim infers the contrary...Don't worry about all of these little things... Just help us use this pandemic, the death of tens of thousands of people and their suffering, to push our gendered, sexist social narrative to promote our sexist ideas and beliefs.
(edited 3 years ago)
There isn’t enough history on female leaders to make such a statement. Women are only starting to have more of a say in world affairs. Come back in 200 years time...
Reply 9
Arderns done a good job, i'm not sure how her vagina is overly relevant to her abilities though?
Original post by Napp
Arderns done a good job, i'm not sure how her vagina is overly relevant to her abilities though?

I know it's like when a women does something good people are like "she's doing better than men because she's a woman", instead of thinking, "maybe she's doing better than other leaders because she is intelligent", lmao.
Reply 11
Original post by Pinkisk
Merkel refuses to identify with feminism

Merkel clarified the explicit brand of feminism that she is willing to endorse. Merkel said, "At the G-20 Women's Summit, Queen Máxima of the Netherlands found a definition of feminism that I can endorse: For her, it's feminism if I am in favor of men and women having the same life opportunities."

"I consider women like Alice Schwarzer to be feminists. Or Marie Juchacz, who together with others fought for women's suffrage 100 years ago and won. I don't want to seek out false praise. They fought all their lives for women's rights in ways that I cannot claim to have done myself."

https://www.bustle.com/p/angela-merkels-interview-on-feminism-opens-up-about-her-experience-as-a-woman-in-politics-15913233
Original post by HucktheForde

An interesting thing about this video is that I cannot seem to be able to write anything critical of feminism in its comment section. It gets instantly deleted. They are controlling what people say and what people read on the video. I am not sure whether its the uploader that's responsible for this censorship or a YouTube algorithm because this problem seems not to be isolated to this video and this channel.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Pinkisk
An interesting thing about this video is that I cannot seem to be able to write anything critical of feminism in its comment section. It gets instantly deleted. They are controlling what people say and what people read on the video. I am not sure whether its the uploader that's responsible for this censorship or a YouTube algorithm because this problem seems not to be isolated to this video and this channel.

It's just you. Many comments are critical of both the topic in the video and of feminism.
Sadly fake news. Belgium, the country with the highest rate of corona per capita is female prime minster and female heath minister. 2nd worst country in world is too. See thats why it is stupid to judge by gender. Id hate to see articles saying why do female leaders suck.

Taiwan is actually led by a man. The president is ceremonial like the queen. So this is awkward all that praise now just got gender swapped... is it still praise?

Iceland and NZ are islands, and easily shut of borders. Oz is led by a man and more comparable to NZ and it is doing better than NZ

Norway, Finland, Denmark etc are tiny countries that are smaller than even medium sized cities, of course they are easy to lead... but actually then haven't been led well. Finlands female leadership had vices infighting and an early lack of leadership. They even dithered and delayed the TV announcement.

Finally some of the best countries in the world are led by men e.g. Czech Republic but not getting press
Reply 15
Original post by Hannah_edoredd

Iceland and NZ are islands, and easily shut of borders. Oz is led by a man and more comparable to NZ and it is doing better than NZ

In what way is it ?:rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending