The Student Room Group

Right wing football ‘hooligans’ turn up to protect monuments and statues

Here we go.

What is so wrong is how these right wing protesters are being portrayed. Former veterans are not right wing loons. Neither are those who are turning up to protect our countries history but our left wing press obviously believe differently.

The police now have nowhere to go with this. They’ve left the left wing morons to wreck havoc, they must now let the right wing protesters do the same. But, I bet they don’t, I bet there’s plenty of arrests. Much less controversial than arresting the left wing hooligans.

Scroll to see replies

I'm not sure what football has to do with it...
Some of them are, such as the leader of Britain First.

Our press is far from left wing, apart from the Guardian and the Mirror, who have quite small circulations in comparison with papers such as the Daily Telegraph, the Times, and the tabloid Daily Mail and The Sun.
Original post by barnetlad
Some of them are, such as the leader of Britain First.

Our press is far from left wing, apart from the Guardian and the Mirror, who have quite small circulations in comparison with papers such as the Daily Telegraph, the Times, and the tabloid Daily Mail and The Sun.

They are but the majority are turning up just to protect.
Here was me thinking the press was right wing! :eek:

Maybe, just maybe...they're all pandering to the crowd? :colonhash:
Not sure how the “football” bit got in there.

Tis a bit telling when you’re more concerned about inanimate objects than a segment of society people more likely to die in police custody, or less likely to be employed, purely because of their skin pigmentation.

Churchill fine, but the others? Bit ridiculous.
Original post by imlikeahermit
Here we go.

What is so wrong is how these right wing protesters are being portrayed. Former veterans are not right wing loons. Neither are those who are turning up to protect our countries history but our left wing press obviously believe differently.

The police now have nowhere to go with this. They’ve left the left wing morons to wreck havoc, they must now let the right wing protesters do the same. But, I bet they don’t, I bet there’s plenty of arrests. Much less controversial than arresting the left wing hooligans.

There's videos all over twitter of people "defending the cenotaph" doing Nazi salutes- I don't think the press is your problem here.
Reply 7
Original post by Newish.Account
Not sure how the “football” bit got in there.

Tis a bit telling when you’re more concerned about inanimate objects than a segment of society people more likely to die in police custody, or less likely to be employed, purely because of their skin pigmentation.

Churchill fine, but the others? Bit ridiculous.

It's more complicated than that, it's the principle of not having a minority of unelected people dictating to the majority. Today it's statues, what will it be tomorrow?
Reply 8
Original post by SarcAndSpark
There's videos all over twitter of people "defending the cenotaph" doing Nazi salutes- I don't think the press is your problem here.

Well, that's telling isn't it?
Probably a combined 3 brain cells between the lot. They look exactly what I would have expected. Fat middle aged balding cnuts :lol:
Original post by z-hog
It's more complicated than that, it's the principle of not having a minority of unelected people dictating to the majority. Today it's statues, what will it be tomorrow?

I agree with the principle of an unelected people not dictating to the majority. Another reason why I want to see Dominic Cummings sacked.
Original post by z-hog

The irony being, of course, that the Colston statue was only ever kept standing by unelected groups, when Bristol Council was exploring the option to take it down or to include a plaque explaining his history with slavery.

If you look at protest numbers, BLM is clearly the more widely supported movement.
It is delightful watching these heroic patriots showing their commitment to British values by fighting with police.

Yep, that is how you protect our history.
(edited 3 years ago)
Shame they weren’t around to defend the statue that was damaged with bleach in Bristol last week....or rather they were around and were the vandals in that case.
Unfortunately, a lot of army ttypes are right wing. The army has a real problem wiht racism. And they aren't "protecting monuments" - ffs there aren't any BLM protestors. They're just a bunch of right-wing dads with beer guts, not taking covid seriously not wearing face masks, and attakcing the police, yet the other week they were calling out BLM protestors for doing just that. They aren't here to protect antyhing, they are just fascists and reactionaires who can't accept the winds of change; that white people no longer rule the world, and that white supremacy is being threatened.
Nice to see patriots setting the right example for those ANTIFA thugs!
The police are also allowing these guys to break the section 12 and 14 that are in place- despite (or perhaps because of) the violence against police already today.

Given how they've treated Black Lives Matter protestors, e.g. absuing section 50 powers, I think that's interesting to note as well.

The right wing protestors are being allowed huge amounts of leeway, but no doubt they will try and spin this as everyone being against them as well.
Last week they were expressing their fake outrage over blm protesters being violent towards the police, today they did the exact same lol
Original post by SarcAndSpark
The police are also allowing these guys to break the section 12 and 14 that are in place- despite (or perhaps because of) the violence against police already today.

Given how they've treated Black Lives Matter protestors, e.g. absuing section 50 powers, I think that's interesting to note as well.

The right wing protestors are being allowed huge amounts of leeway, but no doubt they will try and spin this as everyone being against them as well.

I think it may have been worse if tommy robinson had attended as originally planned.
Original post by ryanwhitt443
I think it may have been worse if tommy robinson had attended as originally planned.

Given he's out on bail, if he was attacking police or breaking section 12/14 restrictions, he'd be in real trouble.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending