The Student Room Group

Any GTA fans?

What would Grand Theft Auto be like if it were set in England, possibly London?
Not a fan, but I liked to play it to past the time. Don't think that it makes a difference, if it is set in England.
It was originally , the OG version
Main protagonist should be Jason Statham and the plot should revolve around him eradicating chavs
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
Main protagonist should be Jason Statham and the plot should revolve around him eradicating chavs

That's the storyline from GTA IV.
Original post by StudyWithMe
That's the storyline from GTA IV.

Meh, it's a bit more in depth but yeah sure
The new watch dogs legion game is based in London, that will likely be the closest thing to a GTA in the UK.
Original post by Arthur_Morgan

:lol:
Huge fan. I’d still play it if it were in London :tongue:
Original post by JustGameIn
The new watch dogs legion game is based in London, that will likely be the closest thing to a GTA in the UK.

I don't really like Watch Dogs, I only played the first one. But, if it is set in England, then I will play it.
Always hated the idea of GTA in London. I've been to London since, so it'd be familiar, but still think it'd be bland. We already have The Getaway (Black Monday's not so good):

Watch Dogs Legion is set in London but it's gonna be full of cyberpunk neon so that's great.
more shanks and u can stab chavs

there was a ps1 era game set in 1960s london. currently the closest current gen game would be watch_dogs legion but there was a ps2 era game called the getaway which was set in london.
I don't really like Watch Dogs, I only played the first one. But, if it is set in England, then I will play it.

the 1st one was crap. the 2nd one was great (personally I found it my game of 2016 and felt the singleplayer mode was better than GTA V, online however was rubbish in comparison to gta online).
if GTA was set in the UK it’d be dull,,

however a GTA game that was set in Tokyo.. I’d buy that
Original post by tacobeth

Hell yeah, though Sleeping Dogs and Yakuza are legendary 'immersive city' alternatives.

Wouldn't make a difference imo
Reply 17
Original post by tacobeth

Not if it was set in London, this game has spent too long in the states, it needs to follow in the same footsteps as Assassin's Creed.

Quick Reply

Latest