The Student Room Group

Experiencing Lag in GTA 5 on Intel Core i7 Laptop - Need Help!

Hey fellow gamers,

I hope you're all having a great time exploring the virtual world of GTA 5. However, I've been facing some frustrating lagging issues while playing the game on my trusty Intel Core i7 laptop [https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/d/i7-laptops/ ]. I was hoping to get some advice and tips from the community on how to improve my gaming experience. Here are some details:
Laptop Specs: I have an Intel Core i7 processor with 16GB RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics card. Despite these decent specs, I'm still experiencing lag during gameplay. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
Settings Tweaks: I've tried adjusting the in-game graphics settings to lower levels, but the lag persists. Are there any specific settings tweaks that worked for you to improve the game's performance on an Intel Core i7 laptop?
Overheating Concerns: I've noticed that my laptop gets quite hot when running GTA 5, which may be contributing to the lag. Are there any effective cooling solutions or laptop cooling pads you recommend to prevent overheating?
Driver Updates: Could outdated drivers be causing the lag? How can I ensure that all my drivers, including GPU and chipset, are up to date for smoother gameplay?
Background Apps: I always close unnecessary background applications before playing GTA 5, but could there be any hidden processes that might be affecting performance? How can I identify and disable them?
Game Optimization Software: Have any of you used game optimization software to enhance performance on Intel Core i7 laptops? Which ones are safe and effective?
System Clean-Up: Is there a specific tool or method you recommend to perform a thorough system clean-up and improve overall laptop performance for gaming?
Overclocking: I've read about overclocking the GPU or CPU to boost performance, but I'm concerned about potential risks. Is it safe to do so on an Intel Core i7 laptop?
Benchmark Results: If you're using an Intel Core i7 laptop to play GTA 5, could you share your benchmark results and average FPS? This might help me compare and identify any discrepancies.
Any Other Tips: If you have any other tips or suggestions that could help me eliminate lag while playing GTA 5 on my Intel Core i7 laptop, I'd greatly appreciate it!
I'm really looking forward to your valuable input and experiences. Let's work together to ensure we can all enjoy a smooth and immersive gaming experience on our Intel Core i7 laptops!

Thank you all for your support!
You want to work out what generation of processor you have. I have an i7-3770 and it can run GTA quite well and that is a 10 year old cpu. The main thing here is going to be your GPU. Do you know what GPU you have as usually the 50s dont run great (950, 1050 and 1650)
Reply 2
Original post by Sarajmorries
Hey fellow gamers,

I hope you're all having a great time exploring the virtual world of GTA 5. However, I've been facing some frustrating lagging issues while playing the game on my trusty Intel Core i7 laptop [https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/d/i7-laptops/ ]. I was hoping to get some advice and tips from the community on how to improve my gaming experience. Here are some details:
Laptop Specs: I have an Intel Core i7 processor with 16GB RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics card. Despite these decent specs, I'm still experiencing lag during gameplay. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
Settings Tweaks: I've tried adjusting the in-game graphics settings to lower levels, but the lag persists. Are there any specific settings tweaks that worked for you to improve the game's performance on an Intel Core i7 laptop?
Overheating Concerns: I've noticed that my laptop gets quite hot when running GTA 5, which may be contributing to the lag. Are there any effective cooling solutions or laptop cooling pads you recommend to prevent overheating?
Driver Updates: Could outdated drivers be causing the lag? How can I ensure that all my drivers, including GPU and chipset, are up to date for smoother gameplay?
Background Apps: I always close unnecessary background applications before playing GTA 5, but could there be any hidden processes that might be affecting performance? How can I identify and disable them?
Game Optimization Software: Have any of you used game optimization software to enhance performance on Intel Core i7 laptops? Which ones are safe and effective?
System Clean-Up: Is there a specific tool or method you recommend to perform a thorough system clean-up and improve overall laptop performance for gaming?
Overclocking: I've read about overclocking the GPU or CPU to boost performance, but I'm concerned about potential risks. Is it safe to do so on an Intel Core i7 laptop?
Benchmark Results: If you're using an Intel Core i7 laptop to play GTA 5, could you share your benchmark results and average FPS? This might help me compare and identify any discrepancies.
Any Other Tips: If you have any other tips or suggestions that could help me eliminate lag while playing GTA 5 on my Intel Core i7 laptop, I'd greatly appreciate it!
I'm really looking forward to your valuable input and experiences. Let's work together to ensure we can all enjoy a smooth and immersive gaming experience on our Intel Core i7 laptops!

Thank you all for your support!

Agreed with @IDKwhatUsername9, going into the task manager will tell you what CPU and GPU you have, Providing us with that, will be very useful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending