Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    yeah ikr it sucks i countred through again and found all the stupid mistakes that could have been avoided dont worry though you seem really smart im sure you've gotten an A but yeah during exams your trying to complete stuff as fast as possible and we all tend to miss stuff especially me like with the hexane thing i know hexane has six carbons but in the exam i some how thought it had five and i lost a mark cus of that so dont worrry youll do well
    atleast this year the exams are basically meaningless since your predicted grades are purely up to your lecturers discretion, and they are aware of my inability to read lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Splaffie)
    it was exactly 1 square lower because the molar ratio gave 88.888% and 88.88% of 9 is exactly 8
    Thats what I got, was there a way to know how much steeper it had to be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SURH)
    what was on the y -axis of the graph?
    Product formed possibly? I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neon_reaper)
    volume of H2

ReputationRep:
    atleast this year the exams are basically meaningless since your predicted grades are purely up to your lecturers discretion, and they are aware of my inability to read lol
    lol lucky u i think my predicted grades are based of exams cus my scool dont like wen u just make it up alhough my science teachers know i can get really good grades so if i needed they would probly predict me higher than my exam results

ReputationRep:
    lol lucky u i think my predicted grades are based of exams cus my scool dont like wen u just make it up alhough my science teachers know i can get really good grades so if i needed they would probly predict me higher than my exam results

Same for us, if we want an A* prediction we have to average 90 UMS, A = 80 UMS and so on

volume of H2
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    wasn't it rate of reaction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SURH)
    wasn't it rate of reaction?
    rate is the gradient of the curve

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=neon_reaper;65677865]Same for us, if we want an A* prediction we have to average 90 UMS, A = 80 UMS and so on

yeah they usually base it on the grades you get although our AS predictions were made based on our work throughout the year then taking two grades lower than that as AS is supposedly harder

ReputationRep:
    rate is the gradient of the curve
    only 2 marks, prob got 1

ReputationRep:
    Same for us, if we want an A* prediction we have to average 90 UMS, A = 80 UMS and so on

Thanks
    nah for us the teachers obviously use your results to base their prediction but they also use your attitude to learning and they can decide if it was an unfortunate fluke in your exams, also i doubt its as solid as that since a lot of sixth forms arent even running as exams this year

ReputationRep:
    nah for us the teachers obviously use your results to base their prediction but they also use your attitude to learning and they can decide if it was an unfortunate fluke in your exams, also i doubt its as solid as that since a lot of sixth forms arent even running as exams this year
    I mean we've been told throughout the year that its like that, but I don't know how lenient they'll be when it actually comes to it. And if you're a great student you'll probably be able to win a favour, unlike someone that's just been a prick throughout the year

ReputationRep:
    I mean we've been told throughout the year that its like that, but I don't know how lenient they'll be when it actually comes to it. And if you're a great student you'll probably be able to win a favour, unlike someone that's just been a prick throughout the year
    yeah i mean if youve been working hard and pulling As all year and magically get a D or C in the exam im thinking thy would probly see something had went wrong and b lenient

ReputationRep:
    yeah i mean if youve been working hard and pulling As all year and magically get a D or C in the exam im thinking thy would probly see something had went wrong and b lenient
    especially since i want A*AA

ReputationRep:
    i think your defo capable of thatt you seem to know like way more than i do and im aiming for about the same just dont stress and keep working hard

ReputationRep:
    Which subjects are you doing? (Apart from this of course)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm aiming for the same: A* in maths, A in chemistry and biology and hopefully an A in computer science (dropping).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcobruni98)
    Which subjects are you doing? (Apart from this of course)
    chem physics and bio but im gunna drop bio for maths because i dont like bio as much and i was always really good at maths, i prefer to explain things in science with equations and numbers anyway im not sure why i didnt take maths in the first place

ReputationRep:
    Just to clear things up they only asked for two compounds in the precise Mr question

ReputationRep:
    My sixth form adds a half grade higher to our AS grade and then thats your prediction. For AS I've been predicted AAAB (B in physics ). But I reckon I'll probably get maybe AABB. I would be gutted if my predicted grade turns out to be all AAB because of my school.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.