The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Edexcel GCSE Combined Sci Paper 2 Higher Tier (1SC0 2CH) - 13th Jun 2023 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel GCSE Combined Sci Paper 2 Higher Tier (1SC0 2CH) - 13th Jun 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Monday 13th June / AM
Length: 1h 10m

Resources
Pearson Edexcel (Chemistry)

Edexcel GCSE Combined Science Paper 2 Foundation Tier Exam Chat
(edited 10 months ago)
how did everyone find the exam?
Original post by sophcantread

it was okay defo not the best. i was a bit stuck on some question cause i hadn't been taught it like the acid rain. how did you find it?
Reply 3
for the bond energy question was it around -79?
Reply 4
what did everyone get for the potassium isotope question?
Reply 5
Original post by studentofdelaw
it was okay defo not the best. i was a bit stuck on some question cause i hadn't been taught it like the acid rain. how did you find it?

same, our teachers left around April time so we hadn't been taught content in a while. I wrote something about sulfur dioxide dissolving in rainfall and causing acidic rain
Reply 6
Original post by sophcantread

Really well! They were generous on the formulas and recalling content too. I think out of the 5 papers this was the easiest by far alongside biology paper 1.
You guys know the one about the rate of reaction on the ist page, like an idiot I lost 3 marks and put the ROR decreases. I also got the bond energy ones wrong, instead of -79 or something, I got -1020 something like that. I'm really disheartened. Just through these exams I've made some careless, silly mistakes even though I've worked hard. Really upset, my grade I wanted is down the drain.
Reply 8
Original post by Talkative Toad

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

General Information

Resources

does anyone know the mark scheme or where the exam is?
Original post by hihihelpoo

It’s locked so you’ll have to ask your teachers for it.
Original post by hihihelpoo

no idea lol, the paper and mark schemes are still exam board property so they wouldnt have been officially released anywhere + won't be released until july 2024
Reply 11
Original post by Talkative Toad

General Information

Resources

can anyone remember any topics? 6 markers?