Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I NEED TO START PROPER REVISION BUT I AM PROCRASTINATING

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    eeeeeee, who else has given in their sixth form choices?

Gave mine in today - felt like I was signing a death warrant or contract of some kind....
    Haha I've done mine

Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics

ReputationRep:

Gave mine in today - felt like I was signing a death warrant or contract of some kind....
    We did ours back before Christmas! English lit, Theatre Studies, History and German.

ReputationRep:

Yep, we had to give ours in on the 1st February What did you choose? I've chosen English Lit, Psychology, Politics and Sociology
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I have to have a scribe for a mock exam i have next week - anyone know how this is going to work? It's for maths.

ReputationRep:
    Handing mine in on Friday. Doing Maths, Biology, Chemistry and French. And so excited for my eleven week summer ahh!

ReputationRep:

I gave mine in in January, choose Chinese, English Language, Philosophy and Ethics and Music. :awesome:
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Strom)
    Eight weeks today and I have my first exam :puke:

I feel like I'm constantly doing homework so I haven't been doing a huge amount of revision at the moment.

Am I terrified? Yes. Should I be? Possibly. We will see.
    Oooh, good luck! You lot must have loads of exams too because of the new way the GCSEs are done now. My brother has 24 or something. Still though, in some ways it'll make it easier for when you start A-Levels (I forgot loads of stuff we did in earlier exams).

Ah I personally never liked homework (actually, who does?), I never really found it beneficial for most subjects but then you don't want to let your teachers down either so it's always a bit of a dilemma.

I'm sure you'll be fine! GCSEs can seem very daunting but it's always satisfying when you finish them at last and have the whole summer to just do whatever the hell you want.

(Original post by j-pritchett)
    Nerves kicked in ages ago, primarily september.
    Ah year 11 is like that. Time seems to pass so quickly too though in years 11 (and 12/13 if you want to continue) - it just seems like yesterday when I was doing my GCSE exams.

(Original post by pursuedbyabear)
    Mocks are making everything feel a lot more real...
    I hope mock went OK for you?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who does French here, can u please tell me any tenses that will get me a better grade. Apart from the basic ones, I used pluperfect and present participle. This is my last chance so I really want to get a good grade, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    It feels like yesterday the teachers were saying "20 weeks to go" and now suddenly it's less than 10

Yes I have done nothing but work since I got home tonight and I'm staying an hour after school tomorrow because I still can't get everything done.

Definitely :cool:
    I was feeling all contemplative yesterday, so I just sat in maths next to my friend pondering "Where did the year go?" It doesn't seem like two minutes since we were discussing the December mocks... Argh! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Oh my goodness, I've given both my application forms in, now it just feels so real! XD But I can't wait for sixth form, so I'm cool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    Guyys, how big do you think your sixth form classes will be? Mine are going be tiny, there's only going to be three people in my physics class (including me), that's probably will be the same with my spanish and chemistry class. Maths will be really massive though
    A Classical Greek school at my local toff posh private school, has two children in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j-pritchett)
    What exam board are you with?
    Aqa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SampleX)
    I was feeling all contemplative yesterday, so I just sat in maths next to my friend pondering "Where did the year go?" It doesn't seem like two minutes since we were discussing the December mocks... Argh! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It genuinely feels like (to me at least) that I was in year 7 last year :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got textile exam next week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Oooh, good luck! You lot must have loads of exams too because of the new way the GCSEs are done now. My brother has 24 or something. Still though, in some ways it'll make it easier for when you start A-Levels (I forgot loads of stuff we did in earlier exams).

Ah I personally never liked homework (actually, who does?), I never really found it beneficial for most subjects but then you don't want to let your teachers down either so it's always a bit of a dilemma.

I'm sure you'll be fine! GCSEs can seem very daunting but it's always satisfying when you finish them at last and have the whole summer to just do whatever the hell you want.
    I have 22 without counting the ones I've already done Yeah hopefully I'll come out the other end as a much more productive person Yes homework is a constant struggle, especially when I get too much and then can't be bothered to revise

Let's hope so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    Haha I've done mine

Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics
    Nice choices. I see a maths-y (wow that terminology tho...) theme.

(Original post by pursuedbyabear)
    We did ours back before Christmas! English lit, Theatre Studies, History and German.
    Before Christmas! :eek: Thank god that wasn't the case for me - only had a vague notion about my choices then.
    Is theatre studies like drama? (I have no clue) high five for english lit though!

(Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    Yep, we had to give ours in on the 1st February What did you choose? I've chosen English Lit, Psychology, Politics and Sociology
    Whoop, that sounds fun! I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Lit. So one similarity with you. :P

(Original post by Steliata)
    I gave mine in in January, choose Chinese, English Language, Philosophy and Ethics and Music. :awesome:
    Whoooooo Chinese! :ahee:

(Original post by SampleX)
    Oh my goodness, I've given both my application forms in, now it just feels so real! XD But I can't wait for sixth form, so I'm cool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahaha, I know the feeling - almost felt like I wasn't doing GCSEs anymore at one point cuz everything was focussed on A-level options. And then it was like... Hang on.... We haven't even done our gcses yet.

Sixth form is going to be amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    Anyone who does French here, can u please tell me any tenses that will get me a better grade. Apart from the basic ones, I used pluperfect and present participle. This is my last chance so I really want to get a good grade, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    subjunctive?

ReputationRep:
    hey, is anyone doing aqa graphic communications??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    It genuinely feels like (to me at least) that I was in year 7 last year :rolleyes:
    I know! Every year the Year 9s go on a trip as a whole year to Anglesey for a week and doesn't seem like a week since I was there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.