The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student232
I tried that but was like yeah that's too much I just listen to the new album and save rock and roll most of the time :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought i had it permanently stuck on repeat or something but then... was like, hang on.... *suspicious* then realised :biggrin:

Yeah, save rock and roll is good. :smile: I like all their music really but that one is probably my favourite considering I listen to the songs on there the most!
Original post by turn-to-page394
I thought i had it permanently stuck on repeat or something but then... was like, hang on.... *suspicious* then realised :biggrin:

Yeah, save rock and roll is good. :smile: I like all their music really but that one is probably my favourite considering I listen to the songs on there the most!

:biggrin: how many repeats did it take to realise something went wrong?... I think I listened twice and was like I need another song.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:biggrin: how many repeats did it take to realise something went wrong?... I think I listened twice and was like I need another song.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay :biggrin: Fall Out Boy fans! I saw them last year and am going to their concert again in October!! I can't wait!!
Original post by emmaalouisee
Yay :biggrin: Fall Out Boy fans! I saw them last year and am going to their concert again in October!! I can't wait!!

Hope you have fun!! What's your favourite songs/ album of theirs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope you have fun!! What's your favourite songs/ album of theirs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

the phoenix!!
Original post by ImagineCats
Ahaha I'm deliberately not taking chemistry because it's another language to me! I'm pretty good at biology, so I'm sticking with that. Not going straight into medicine, but hoping with a biology/biomed degree from a uni that accept geography and psychology as science subjects to go into a graduate course of some sorts. Not sure yet, but I love biology! Thank you for your advice though :biggrin:

Ohhh I get you now, my apologies I didn't get what you meant by 'not going in straight' but now get it, but yeah that seems like a great idea. Good luck.
Reply 5046
I've got twenty six exams in June and I'm confident in most, but I'm really struggling with languages revision (French and German) I'm also an athlete and basketball player so don't have a lot of spare time any tips?
Original post by Eddj83
I've got twenty six exams in June and I'm confident in most, but I'm really struggling with languages revision (French and German) I'm also an athlete and basketball player so don't have a lot of spare time any tips?

Probably won't agree with me here but try waking up at like 6 or something even on weekends cause that way on school days - you can fit in an hour or so of revision before you leave and on weekends you get an extra 3/4 hours (assuming you'd normally wake up at 10-ish)

So that means within one week you've accumulated a minimum of 11 hours and with 5 weeks left if you continue that you've created an extra 55 hours (that's two whole days of revision) and if you can revise at lunchtime do so, cause that will mean an extra 25 hours as well.

Also, keep in mind that you need to get enough sleep so you may not have time to stay awake til 12 or something cause if you don't get enough sleep you won't be able to concentrate and you'll just waste that extra time
Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I dunno actually :colondollar:. I kind of switched off and wasn't really thinking about the music.... :rolleyes:

Original post by emmaalouisee

Have fun! :biggrin:
Original post by alexxandra
the phoenix!!

I really like The Phoenix too. My overall faves are probably I don't care, thnks from th mmrs and dance dance. On the new album I like Immortals and Centuries.

Another FOB fan(?) here :smile:

Edit:
What even qualifies someone as a fan? Just liking their music or?...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Also, how much revision is everyone doing over Easter? :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oceansandpearls
Also, how much revision is everyone doing over Easter? :redface: not much! I don't know how to revise english lit and maths!!
Not much! someone help with maths revision and english lit, im doing wjec english, of mice and men, heroes and an inspector calls
so nervous for exams. The more I revise, the more nervous I get. 2 months of exams I don't know what I AM GOING TO DO.
do you guys know any great revision sites or methods for: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths(AQA), English, RE, Business studies(Edexcel) and ICT (WJEC).
Original post by NomadPrincess
not much! I don't know how to revise english lit and maths!!

For maths, past papers were gold. :smile: For edexcel igcse (the board I did), there was a pattern to the question style and format and the same questions just with different numbers kept on coming up. So just practise the questions, make sure that you don't lose easy marks through carelessness on the first few and after each paper you do, revise/look over the topics you were weak at in that paper. Rinse and repeat so that your mark is constantly improving (it's okay for some papers to be worse than others as long as you're in a grade boundary consistently - aim for at least 5% higher than your desired grade boundary :smile: )

For english lit, I was told to learn quotes for the characters and themes...? And to have a good knowledge of the books - reread them!

Hope this helped somewhat.
Original post by kithu1602
so nervous for exams. The more I revise, the more nervous I get. 2 months of exams I don't know what I AM GOING TO DO.

Firstly, Stop. Calm down.

Secondly, Think this through, look at when you have each exam and plan your revision accordingly. Or you could simply use the revision planner on TSR and have it done for you. Also to stay relaxed whilst revising just have music in the background and if that's too distracting just listen to instrumentals.

Thirdly, revel in success on results day
Original post by NomadPrincess
Not much! someone help with maths revision and english lit, im doing wjec english, of mice and men, heroes and an inspector calls

I'm on AQA for lit, but I revise by making character/theme/main event profiles (not in the form of mind maps though - they've never worked for me, but they might for you) using notes from websites like shmoop.com - which is brilliant for OMAM - and sparknotes. Using research like that allows you to form some deeper points, and it gives you a lot of contextual links to add as well.
Original post by kithu1602
do you guys know any great revision sites or methods for: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths(AQA), English, RE, Business studies(Edexcel) and ICT (WJEC).

Eduvee is good for biology, chemistry and physics it's like bitesize but a lot more detailed and there's mr bruff's videos for English but I don't know whether it is just for aqa so you would have to check.
Hopefully these will help, good luck for your exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any good websites for TKAM English lit revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest