The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Jonah Ramone
She's no worse than Rose, albeit having watched only a few episode with Billie Piper, I can safely say she was no better.

That is partly to do with the bad script and storyline - but bad acting again was a contributing factor.
kestral
That is partly to do with the bad script and storyline - but bad acting again was a contributing factor.

True. But if the script is so bad, why do people keep watching? :hmmmm:
Reply 682
Jonah Ramone

In the vain hope that it will get better.
What they need, is an episode like the torchwood one in the breacon beacons. No crapy visual effects, everything is done by music, camera angles and pure acting. (ok the ending was an anti climax but it was still the best episode of the series)

Then we will see what everones acting is like.

But on the points of the scripts, yes the majority of them are bad. The one set in new new york for example had some excellent ideas but the way they were put arcoss was a complete ****(insert excidingly rude word here beging with F) up.

Im hoping things will improve will barrowman back in the mix for the final three episodes...but im not hoping much...
Reply 684
Jonah Ramone

I keep watching because i find it so fun, i mean the writings not exactly top notch but there's always some funny things going on in the background. Plus i do admit i'm waiting for another episode like The Empty Child, i didn't think that the 1930s new york stuff was that bad, it was only the pig people that put me off that.
Reply 685
Hev456
I keep watching because i find it so fun, i mean the writings not exactly top notch but there's always some funny things going on in the background. Plus i do admit i'm waiting for another episode like The Empty Child, i didn't think that the 1930s new york stuff was that bad, it was only the pig people that put me off that.

what about the emotional Darleks? - That was awful! the whole points of darleks are that they are emotionless!
OMG! John Simm in the nxt episode!.. (hes from life on mars!) Yay i definetely cannot wait. Plus here comes Jack!
xxSh0ckw4v3xx
OMG! John Simm in the nxt episode!.. (hes from life on mars!) Yay i definetely cannot wait. Plus here comes Jack!

Neither of them appear in the next episode.
Jonah Ramone

Because David Tennant is hot :p:

Plus I find it good fun. I feel they're starting to take it a little too seriously, though, hope I'm wrong about that...
FrenchGal
Because David Tennant is hot :p:

slightly vain aproach there....but thats the reason i like tru calling...

eliza:eek: :p:
lilac spooge
slightly vain aproach there....but thats the reason i like tru calling...

eliza:eek: :p:

I'm not denying it, I am totally vain and shallow as it comes to David Tennant... :p:

But he is an amazing actor, too :wink:
FrenchGal
I'm not denying it, I am totally vain and shallow as it comes to David Tennant... :p:

But he is an amazing actor, too :wink:

yeah i agree he is the best actor on there atm....but thats not hard looking at the supporting cast it has...
Hashshashin
Neither of them appear in the next episode.

Yes they do, it was shown on the trailer that came on after last weeks show....
xxSh0ckw4v3xx

I believe the trailer after the last episode was in fact a 'COMING SOON' trailer that covered the rest of the series as a way of making up for the missing episode that was moved for Eurovison.
xxSh0ckw4v3xx

That was the extended trailer for the rest of the series, actually. Jack Harkness doesn't return until Utopia, which will be broadcast on the 16th June, and John Simm won't be seen until The Sound of Drums (23rd June).
Hashshashin
That was the extended trailer for the rest of the series, actually. Jack Harkness doesn't return until Utopia, which will be broadcast on the 16th June, and John Simm won't be seen until The Sound of Drums (23rd June).

spoiler tags:rolleyes:

not that this spoils anything for me....:wink: cause i've already done that via the IMDB
Hashshashin

aaaw, i was looking really forward to the John Simms episode =(
You have just gotta love it.

Ive watched so many.
Even the b+w ones.

=]]]]
according to the sun Freema Agyeman has been dropped from the next series of Dr Who (dunno whether to believe this though,seeing as though the sun are saying it,lol)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2007240235,00.html

Edit: apparently the BBC has released a statement confirming Freema hasn't been dropped from the next series of dr who
kitty_koo
according to the sun Freema Agyeman has been dropped from the next series of Dr Who (dunno whether to believe this though,seeing as though the sun are saying it,lol)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2007240235,00.html

Edit: apparently the BBC has released a statement confirming Freema hasn't been dropped from the next series of dr who

I hope its true

Latest