The Student Room Group

World Twenty20 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by moment of truth

Hopefully India will be playing at some point, too :lol:

A Test and 3 ODIs vs Zimbabwe in June, before 4 Tests against the Windies in July.

They have a home Test against Bangladesh at some point in the summer, too,
Original post by Mackay
A Test and 3 ODIs vs Zimbabwe in June, before 4 Tests against the Windies in July.

They have a home Test against Bangladesh at some point in the summer, too,

I saw the Windies tour announcement yesterday (I think), but didn't know about the series against Zimbabwe or Bangladesh.

England and Australia should be coming to India towards the end of the year too, I suspect.
Reply 722
Original post by moment of truth
I saw the Windies tour announcement yesterday (I think), but didn't know about the series against Zimbabwe

It won't be closely fought.

Yep. England and India playing five Tests, five ODIs and a T20 in India in November.

Australia are playing four Tests against India in India in March 2017.
Original post by Mackay

Yep. England and India playing five Tests, five ODIs and a T20 in India in November.

The usual England, Australia and India series every year. Pathetic from the ICC/Big 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 724
Original post by Enginerd.
The usual England, Australia and India series every year. Pathetic from the ICC/Big 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed. Seems to me that the logical step to include associations/smaller nations is to create more tri-series. That way, teams don't have to travel more or necessarily fit in more fixtures.

For instance, rather than playing five Tests and five ODIs against each other, why don't England and India invite Bangladesh along for a tri-series? Likewise, when Sri Lanka face South Africa in SA come Christmas, why not get Zimbabwe involved?

It may not be closely contested at the start, but how else are teams expected to grow?
Original post by Mackay

With India playing away, you never know.

Really looking forward to the India vs England test series already! Should be a good hard fought series.
Reply 726
As expected, Pandey comes in for India. The last time he played, his hundred steered them to victory.

Sammy has said the Windies are facing "the whole of India" tomorrow. He's not wrong.

As a neutral, I can't wait.
hope chris gayle slaps india tomorrow
Reply 728
Big game today. The only change for India will be Pandey, with him replacing Yuvraj. Interesting, because you'd imagine the Windies bowlers - especially Badree - are relishing the chance to bowl at somebody who hasn't faced a delivery in the tournament thus far.
Original post by Mackay
Big game today. The only change for India will be Pandey, with him replacing Yuvraj. Interesting, because you'd imagine the Windies bowlers - especially Badree - are relishing the chance to bowl at somebody who hasn't faced a delivery in the tournament thus far.

Hasn't pandey faced badree in ipl?
Reply 730
Original post by tazza ma razza
Hasn't pandey faced badree in ipl?

Indeed - but I'm talking about the World Twenty20. With no games or appearances under his belt, Pandey represents something of a target for the Windies you imagine, regardless of his form last time out with the bat.
West Indies bowling first.

Rahane and Pandey in for Dhawan and Yuvraj. Happy with that, I would say.

Posted from TSR Mobile
C'mon West Indies! Probably a flat track so chasing 130-145 shoud be ideal, especially for this WI batting order.

Badree to take 3 wickets.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Defending won't be easy, especially with the dew in Mumbai, but hopefully we can put enough runs on the board. Come on India! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully my predictions prove me wrong and WI's get through to the finals! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
India to get 185+
hope chris gayle smashes india
Fielding was rubbish tbh. Gayle will get out and pressure will build and thus a collapse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enginerd.
Gayle will get out and pressure will build and thus a collapse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lets hope so tho lendl simmons would need to get out early as well

Quick Reply

Latest