Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA Physics PHYA1 - 24 May 2016 - RESIT [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exams987)
    i am sure that we dont need an experiment for this, it says it here in the spec

Work function φ, photoelectric equation hf = φ + Ek; the stopping potentialexperiment is not required.
    You'd only need to know it if you were doing the turning points modules

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultracrepidarian)
    gluons since the SNF keeps a hold of everything gluons sounds like glue is how i remember
    SN

Gluons between quarks and pions between hadrons ( which is what you see on the feynman diagrams)

ReputationRep:
    good luck for tomorrow !!!
    can anyone please explain the question on JAN 10 qs 6b (state and explain which two cells in circuit you would expect to go flat)? i am a bit confused about the answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kother2015)
    good luck for tomorrow !!!
    can anyone please explain the question on JAN 10 qs 6b (state and explain which two cells in circuit you would expect to go flat)? i am a bit confused about the answer
    just done this questions basically as more current passes through c and d as they are in series so get the full current, whereas a and b split the current

ReputationRep:
    hey guys
    i wanted to know if this exam is going to include any other parts except particles phenomena and electricity
    thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    i found this playlist very useful for the electricity section of unit 1

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...VpClPe1AKom9Cm

here is the particle physics playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...uOG4EkVKjPzFnc

hope that helps
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know the definitions of Kirchhoff's laws? Also, any other definitions of things that aren't on the data sheet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micycle)
    Do we need to know the definitions of Kirchhoff's laws? Also, any other definitions of things that aren't on the data sheet?
    https://4da769144ba19deaa0b42b360cf6...%20A-level.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Even if not, just remember that "the sum of the currents flowing into a junction is equal to the sum of the currents flowing out of the junction".

ReputationRep:
    is Kirchhoff's laws in the unit 1 spec?

if so can you please point out where,

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello I have a video recapping all of Unit 1....... as going through the what you need to know on the specification doc from the AQA website.

Enjoy !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO880oYUdV4

ReputationRep:
    what things do we nead to remember ... I.E formula not in the booklet or values

ReputationRep:
    We don't need to know the definitions, just how they work and apply them to circuits.

The formula for the threshold frequency (fo = work function/h) is required but not on the data sheet

ReputationRep:
    AQA Physics PHYA1 - 24 May 2016 - RESIT [Exam Discussion Thread]
    the mass of the string is 3.1g and the total length of the string is 0.91m. show that the tension in the string when it is sounding the harmonic shown is about 70N

ReputationRep:
    When an atom becomes an ion, there are only changes to the number of electrons (more or less); protons are untouched right?

ReputationRep:
    I think the 6 mark question will be either on finding an I-V characteristic or something to do with oscilloscopes. Maybe something on the photoelectric effect or line emission spectra. Unlikely to be on particles as this came up last year

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys... im stuck on question 6 (b) Jan 13 paper! I don't get how to work out the voltage of C-D. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umuayman)
    the mass of the string is 3.1g and the total length of the string is 0.91m. show that the tension in the string when it is sounding the harmonic shown is about 70N
    which paper and questions is this from ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasinmckay)
    Hi guys... im stuck on question 6 (b) Jan 13 paper! I don't get how to work out the voltage of C-D. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
    Voltage at C = 12-((20/40)*12) = 6

Voltage at D = 12-((10/15)*12) = 4

6-4 = 2V.

The voltage lost over the resistors is proportional to their resistance. In the B-F strand, the 10k resistor uses double the V as the 5k resistor; hence, (10/15)*12V.

ReputationRep:
    Voltage at C = 12-((20/40)*12) = 6

Voltage at D = 12-((10/15)*12) = 4

6-4 = 2V.

The voltage lost over the resistors is proportional to their resistance. In the B-F strand, the 10k resistor uses double the V as the 5k resistor; hence, (10/15)*12V.
    Thank you so much... makes sence now.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.