Matt Smith (180)
32.09%
This discussion is closed.
Rennie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wanted to see that actually, (28 days that is) I may still do.

I didn't know Christopher Eccleston was in it though.
theredsox
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've seen 28 days later and I don't even remember seeing him! What part was he in?
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by theredsox)
I've seen 28 days later and I don't even remember seeing him! What part was he in?
He's the leader of the army guys in that house, so a fairly big part!
theredsox
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Gosh. I guess I'm just completely unobservant. I really really didn't see that at all
This makes me want to go watch 28 days later again.
forpolarbears
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Eccels is in The Dark is Rising--aka my pre-Harry Potter favorite book fandom. He has a pretty big role on the dark side.

I do think that Tennant and Tate have onscreen chemistry and work well together, but I'm still not thrilled.
Dinendal Leralonde
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by megx)
Eccels is in The Dark is Rising--aka my pre-Harry Potter favorite book fandom. He has a pretty big role on the dark side.

I do think that Tennant and Tate have onscreen chemistry and work well together, but I'm still not thrilled.
Wait a sec...There's a TDiR film? Why was I not informed of this!? I think I managed to read all of the books in the series save for the last one, which is kind of a shame as that would have really been the critical one I guess...
stephanie2007
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i prefer David Tennant but i really loved Christopher Eccleston too.
Citation
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by megx)
The thought of watching Tate every week makes me wish the fate of Eccleston in '28 Days Later' upon myself.

Why Russel T Davis, WHY!!!!!
housefire
Report 11 years ago
Slight spoilers for series 4...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...25/47491.shtml
Deathly Hallows
Report 11 years ago
yeah I was going to announce that as well:

Spoiler:
Show
Do you think the Ood will return worship the Devil Beast again to revive the monster or something? I really liked those episodes in the second series, my favourite of the second series.
squirky
Report 11 years ago
David Tennant by far!

All I can say is phwoaaaaar.
housefire
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Deathly Hallows)
yeah I was going to announce that as well:

Spoiler:
Show
Do you think the Ood will return worship the Devil Beast again to revive the monster or something? I really liked those episodes in the second series, my favourite of the second series.
Spoiler:
Show
I don't think they worshipped it, I think it was just using them. I think. It's been a while since I've seen those episodes so maybe I'm wrong. But no, since it says about them being on their own planet and finding out about their origins I think it'll be something new
Ernest Worthing
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by housefire)
Spoiler:
Show
I don't think they worshipped it, I think it was just using them. I think. It's been a while since I've seen those episodes so maybe I'm wrong. But no, since it says about them being on their own planet and finding out about their origins I think it'll be something new
Spoiler:
Show
No, they definitely didn't worship it. It took over their telepathic field and possessed them with it, which is why the Ood stopped chasing them when the telepathic field went down. The beast cannot be involved in this episode, anyway, as it was killed when the planet was absorbed by the black hole. It should be interesting to find out more about them, and I'm glad that the writers finally have another recurring alien in the new series rather than just bringing back Daleks again and again. Although I doubt we won't see at least one Dalek in the next series...They just love over-using them.

By the way, do you post on the official Muse forum? I'm sure I've seen your username in the Doctor Who thread over there a few times!
housefire
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ernest Worthing)
Spoiler:
Show
No, they definitely didn't worship it. It took over their telepathic field and possessed them with it, which is why the Ood stopped chasing them when the telepathic field went down. The beast cannot be involved in this episode, anyway, as it was killed when the planet was absorbed by the black hole. It should be interesting to find out more about them, and I'm glad that the writers finally have another recurring alien in the new series rather than just bringing back Daleks again and again. Although I doubt we won't see at least one Dalek in the next series...They just love over-using them.

By the way, do you post on the official Muse forum? I'm sure I've seen your username in the Doctor Who thread over there a few times!
Yep, thats me
And god, I hope that we can go a full series without seeing the Daleks. They've been in way too many episodes of the new series and I'm just bored of them. I have no doubt they'll be back eventually but hopefully they'll be given a break for a bit. I'm guessing that might be a bit much to ask though...
Deathly Hallows
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by housefire)
Yep, thats me
And god, I hope that we can go a full series without seeing the Daleks. They've been in way too many episodes of the new series and I'm just bored of them. I have no doubt they'll be back eventually but hopefully they'll be given a break for a bit. I'm guessing that might be a bit much to ask though...
Well I am just speculating but if they revive back the villain Davros and he is the creator of the Daleks, well I think we shall see their return
housefire
Report 11 years ago
Well I am just speculating but if they revive back the villain Davros and he is the creator of the Daleks, well I think we shall see their return
Yeah, or there's the one that escaped at the end of the two parter in the last series..
Ernest Worthing
Report 11 years ago
I don't think that their return would be so dreary if Davros also came back. He has always added an extra dimension to Dalek stories in the past, and if they were to return again he probably would be an essential part in it for it to be successful, because they've been using the same old trick for the past three series' now and people are clearly beginning to get tired of it. Unless they are going to find an original way of bringing them back without involving their creator (unlikely), then I think it's quite likely that he'll be back.
theredsox
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So Captain Jack is the Face of Boe, yes?
But on "The Long Game" (first series, just watched it now) they announce that the Face of Boe is pregnant!
Hashshashin
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by theredsox)
So Captain Jack is the Face of Boe, yes?
But on "The Long Game" (first series, just watched it now) they announce that the Face of Boe is pregnant!
That's only the half of it. I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how exactly he undergoes the transformation from humanoid to giant blue head.
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
Since when are the Ood one of the most popular Dr Who villians?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (2)
33.33%
Pro-humanity (4)
66.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise