The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Fridge in each room?! Oh, my bad. Don't have that in Evans :P.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 41
Yes, irony _can_ be tricky :P
Reply 42
Meh! Well fridge in your room is rediculous anyway :wink:.
Lol, i'm prepared to put with it! :biggrin:
Reply 44
hi
i jus became a member of this thing so im pretty late on the reply, well im gonna be studying engineering and im from thailand. so it'll be really nice if you say hi wen u see me or wen u realise its me walkin around and u noe show me around, point out wher the crazy things are...all tat stuff. ok and here's a pic of me, it'll be really nice if u guys put pics of ur self on cuz how r v gonna find each other wen we get ther, so yea post them on the 'official pic thread for ppl goinh to QM' ok hope ill c u around
great nice work ppl.. see u all there.. oh.. i forgot to introduce myself ..my name is Naresh.. I am going to study Electronic Engineering at Qmul.. This would be my first year of this course....But i have studyied at Qmul before....

Also if u guys get a place at pooley on the top floor with the view facing torwards the Uni.. then u guys are lucky..(awesome view)..
Reply 46
Hey...i'm goin to QM in Sept to do history. I'm from the North east (live in the countryside!) and can't wait to start at QM! Does everyone know where they are staying....halls? Private accom? Anyone fancy sharing? lol
Hey, i'm Gurav, I got AAB in my Alevels and will be studyin Law with dramaqueen_18! :p:

I like football (support Spurs!!) Formula one (Mclaren Mercedes!!) Cricket. As well as sports I love watching movies, my fav films are of course Godfather I & II, Shawshank Redemption...and erm...classic Disney Films!! :wink:

I listen to all types of music, my collection ranges from Frank sinatra, bob marley, eminem, craig david all the way too likin park and you may find the odd backsteet boys greatest hits album :confused:

I'm currently reading Da vinci code, I dont have a fav author just yet...

What else... errm...

oh yeah, I have a private residence for uni too! :biggrin:
To the bonnie Newcastle girl,

i met a girl from newcastle on the law introduction day, i wonder if you're the same girl, duno if u remember that day, we sorta got a tour of the uni and were given a talk by a law lecturer etc.well we will find out soon enough :smile:

To Darren why did u transfer to queen mary from UEA, my friend is going there, is it not that great?
soii
Hey...i'm goin to QM in Sept to do history. I'm from the North east (live in the countryside!) and can't wait to start at QM! Does everyone know where they are staying....halls? Private accom? Anyone fancy sharing? lol

Hey everyone..

Im from Portsmouth, starting QM in sept to do geography =) ...I got my place through clearing though, they've already told me that theres no space at the Inn - so i gotta get some private accommodation sorted. I want to go somewhere with other QM ppl and not too far!

Soii, dont u have any place to stay either? Ive been looking at a few places all look good, price is good too - £83 a week at http://www.cassandclaredale.co.uk

I rang them and they said the Sir John Class Hall is just 10 mins from QM by bus.
Reply 50
Out of those I would go for Claredale - in a much nicer area...

And about a 15 minute walk to QM.
Reply 51
Hello everyone, im Lillian,im sort of new to this site.. so apologies for any mistakes! got AAAA at alevels and going to do medicine at queen mary's in september.( dont know if i can afford it tho, been taken as an international student since ivent been in the Uk for more than 3 years :frown: ) Ive been allocated DAwson HAll (who's going there?) for residence and im really worried no ones going there because the residences site says its primarily for post graduates :ninja: so at the moment im feeling quite apprehensive .. and specially the fact that i can not even cook an egg makes me even more depressed.. :confused: c u all in september, im the girl with the asian skin tone, brown/ black hair and strange/silly specs lol ..cheers
dont worry Lillian

we are all in this together, we will all be pretty poor and our cooking skills will leave much to be desired, i have been practicing all sorts of cooking styles whilst my parents were in the far east, i think i'm improving, well put it this way, no1 has died or got sick :cool:

cya soon!
Does anyone know any other places to get accommodation? Or if theres any way I can get a place at the Mile End campus. This really sucks!
Reply 54
soii

Hey sorry to be nosey, jst wundad whereabouts in the North East ur from?
Reply 55
sexaylilbubba
To the bonnie Newcastle girl,

i met a girl from newcastle on the law introduction day, i wonder if you're the same girl, duno if u remember that day, we sorta got a tour of the uni and were given a talk by a law lecturer etc.well we will find out soon enough :smile:

To Darren why did u transfer to queen mary from UEA, my friend is going there, is it not that great?

hey i was supposed to go to the law thing but i was doin a play on the day so i couldnt go :frown: did i miss nething majorly important? Btw i bought those recommended law books nd erm...theyr pretty borin lol
Reply 56
THE UNDERDOG
Hey, i'm Gurav, I got AAB in my Alevels and will be studyin Law with dramaqueen_18! :p:

I like football (support Spurs!!) Formula one (Mclaren Mercedes!!) Cricket. As well as sports I love watching movies, my fav films are of course Godfather I & II, Shawshank Redemption...and erm...classic Disney Films!! :wink:

I listen to all types of music, my collection ranges from Frank sinatra, bob marley, eminem, craig david all the way too likin park and you may find the odd backsteet boys greatest hits album :confused:

I'm currently reading Da vinci code, I dont have a fav author just yet...

What else... errm...

oh yeah, I have a private residence for uni too! :biggrin:

hiya, thought i wud say hey and then on our first day we can b like 'hey!' and erm...we wont feel like we know nobody, or well...something like that neways, lol
dramaqueen_18
hey i was supposed to go to the law thing but i was doin a play on the day so i couldnt go :frown: did i miss nething majorly important? Btw i bought those recommended law books nd erm...theyr pretty borin lol

ohh well i look forward to meeting u anyway,dont worry u didnt really miss anything on the law day. i'm going to post a pic of myself on the pic thread, so u will recognise me.so u bought the law books? where from? the net? i need to buy them and have a little look, since i have never studied law and i know nothing!! i probably wont understand a thing!! help!
hey dramaqueen_18! And on the first day i'll be like "hey!"...I'll still feel like i dont know anybody since I have no idea how anyone here looks like....well apart from the pic forum

BTW...we go in on the 21st...and first lesson 22nd right?
Reply 59
sexaylilbubba
ohh well i look forward to meeting u anyway,dont worry u didnt really miss anything on the law day. i'm going to post a pic of myself on the pic thread, so u will recognise me.so u bought the law books? where from? the net? i need to buy them and have a little look, since i have never studied law and i know nothing!! i probably wont understand a thing!! help!

i got them from waterstones but i was like erm...that's a lil bit borin, but u know...it was ok! i havent done law b4 so we can both be baffled and confused 2getha!! I totally dnt undastand if im at intercollegiate how im guna b part of the whole fresher thing! do i have 2 go along 2the actual uni 2 get in on the craic?! Also wat day r we supposed 2 go along? like wen is everyone else goin?

Latest

Trending

Trending